Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66834 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:30:40 »

I heard it as it wasn't a formal interview but he rang him when he was on the course and had an informal chat then offerred him the job off the back of it. Absolutely no way he was first choice i ageee
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:36:24 »

Mango. Have you ever considered that when you find yourself having posted 8 of the last dozen posts in a discussion, including posting four entries in a row that you might have lost it a bit?

..never go back.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:38:31 »

Mango. Have you ever considered that when you find yourself having posted 8 of the last dozen posts in a discussion, including posting four entries in a row that you might have lost it a bit?

dalumpimunki

4 in a row was replies, and when 3 people decide to take issue with what I’ve said (whilst 4 other people say the exact same thing) , I think I’m quite alright to respond to all of them.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:41:28 »

I only took issue because he discussed the things you said he didn't
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:46:55 »

I only took issue because he discussed the things you said he didn't

But come on, it was very, very brief.

That aside, Take issue all you want mate, open forum, could have 20 people telling me they don’t like what I said, it’s fine, opinions and arseholes.  And If someone ever wanted to have it out that badly face to face, that’s fine too, at every home and 90% of aways so I’d happily oblige 😂.

People seem to forget we’re allowed differing views.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 21:12:53 »

I've just listened to the STBL, in a 34 minute show they spent 28 minutes talking football, how SL may differ from BG in management style, style SL wants to play, how we might try to sell the club to prospective players, that players involved last season are at the forefront of training currently, I actually enjoyed listening to it.  

After the initial 28 minutes there were some questions about superstitions and cheese and whatnot but even in those last few minutes there was a question about getting in another coach to help them, they're talking to someone at the moment to that end apparently, let's hope that's Bamba.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 07:06:34 »

I kinda get where Mango is coming from tbh, when I heard what SL said I thought well that doesn't seem to tally with what Sandro said on the same pod but it could just be an overly simplified version of events.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 08:38:57 »

Clem, Power, Zav, Standing etc all the original same circle.

Thing is, if he is involved, he’s allowed too isnt he? As fucked up as it seems, he’s no longer registered so will get away with it, as would we, I suspect?

Don't forget Adam Hart.

I'd almost be more comfortable with Standing still being involved if we knew Adam Hart was definitely gone. That seems much much darker.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 08:41:29 »

I kinda get where Mango is coming from tbh, when I heard what SL said I thought well that doesn't seem to tally with what Sandro said on the same pod but it could just be an overly simplified version of events.

Which is part of Sandro coming across as a bit of a spiv.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #294 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:02:17 »

Don't forget Adam Hart.

I'd almost be more comfortable with Standing still being involved if we knew Adam Hart was definitely gone. That seems much much darker.
I hear AH will be here again this season 100%
Which is part of Sandro coming across as a bit of a spiv.
That is how he comes accross to me too, no idea why but every time I listen to him I hear a watered down Lee Power (not suggesting he has the motives of LP or is even connected to him in any way).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:07:26 »

I hear AH will be here again this season 100%That is how he comes accross to me too, no idea why but every time I listen to him I hear a watered down Lee Power (not suggesting he has the motives of LP or is even connected to him in any way).
Wasn’t he the spokesman for SkyBet when he was there so imagine taking bollocks comes naturally to him. He seems a bit of a glorified data analyst and doesn’t actually seem like a football person which is my primary concern. Time will tell if his appointment has any legs.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:10:09 »

I haven't listened yet, but let's face it, the club (or the Trust) wouldn't have allowed Scott to appear on the PC if the remit was to grill him - the only reason this happened was that it was supposed to be a bit of fun and to hear Scott's voice, anyone that was expecting anything different is just not good a reading the room.

There is a reason that TSTBL has as much access to the club as it does, and fair play to them, they have spotted their niche and have embraced it.  Town fans are lucky to have as much content as they do compared to years gone by, and I think a lot of it was motivated by the lack of content coming from the club itself recently, the fans said, if the club won't do it, we will.

People just need to see it for what it is and decide what type of content they want to listen to, or just listen to all of it, just try to understand what space those content providers sit in to determine the type of content you will get.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:17:13 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:10:26 »

Don't forget Adam Hart.

Oh yes, can’t forget him.

Noticed him in the gym video released by club yesterday….
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:12:11 »

I hear AH will be here again this season 100%That is how he comes accross to me too, no idea why but every time I listen to him I hear a watered down Lee Power (not suggesting he has the motives of LP or is even connected to him in any way).

And me three on SDM. Three interviews I’ve listened to of his and not that impressed. Lindsey the complete opposite however- think he comes across brilliantly.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:20:00 »

I’m only interested in Standing running the Club.

He isn't.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: