Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67687 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 19:06:07 »

I have been told by a few people that the only thing Michael Standing is interested in is the Highworth land. Could be bollocks as well who knows, problem will be that the club can answer the question and should answer the question too but we know that whatever the answer people will not believe it
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 19:09:28 »

I have been told by a few people that the only thing Michael Standing is interested in is the Highworth land. Could be bollocks as well who knows, problem will be that the club can answer the question and should answer the question too but we know that whatever the answer people will not believe it

That would make sense, as the land is owned by Power and maybe a way for Standing to get his money out.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 19:26:18 »

That would make sense, as the land is owned by Power and maybe a way for Standing to get his money out.

If standing gets the land, maybe Clem and ST get their training ground built after all.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 19:32:01 »

100% this.

Absolute waffle and bollocks for 30 mins. Irrelevant questions. Cheese, music, clothes and superstitions - if that’s the stuff you care about then fair fucks to you. I’m  more interested in football to be honest.

No wonder they have access to that club that they do- hardly an interrogating or informative line of questioning (not that it needs to be full of that).

Why don’t you start your own podcast/group/whatever and ask all these questions you desperately want answered?

What questions were we expecting the head coach to answer?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 19:34:46 »

Not everyone is about holding the club to account. The podcasts are never serious and about having fun, if you really expect them to ask the difficult questions, good luck to you.

Nah, not everyone is about holding the club to account, and some people are happy to pretend everything is rosey and these people are angles because it’s not Lee power.

This wasn’t about holding the club/owners to account though….

Back to what I actually said- if you prefer cheese, music, clothes and sock superstitions chat, instead of transfers, playing styles, season targets, contracts etc etc (the football side of things) then good for you. But I rather listen to the new manager of my football club talk about football.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 19:40:52 »

Why don’t you start your own podcast/group/whatever and ask all these questions you desperately want answered?

What questions were we expecting the head coach to answer?

Desperately want answered? What the fuck are you on about? It was waffle. Simple as that. Don’t like my opinion I couldn’t give a fuck 😂 Not the only one that thought it on this forum. Not everyone’s a lovely bloke who thinks it’s a sin to say anything remotely negative about this club or  anything linked too it.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 19:43:17 »

I’m only interested in Standing running the Club.

Clem, Power, Zav, Standing etc all the original same circle.

Thing is, if he is involved, he’s allowed too isnt he? As fucked up as it seems, he’s no longer registered so will get away with it, as would we, I suspect?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 19:47:48 »

You obviously wanted certain questioned asked / answering. You’re complaining about the content, so what exactly was missing that you wanted?

I think you’ve miss managed your expectations if you were expecting a fans run podcast to ask any hard hitting questions. Also the fact the interview was with the head coach who imagine is involved with little else other than the on pitch stuff. Head coaches even have little say in recruitment, so he wouldn’t have even been the right person to grill about that…

What were you expecting?

If you cannot read the above… I very clearly said the 30 mins woulda been better spent talking about football side of things, and not cheese of socks. Head coach, first team coach or team bus driver of coach… I still reckon the first two have some sort of idea with what’s going on, don’t you DIV?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:09:33 »

If you cannot read the above… I very clearly said the 30 mins woulda been better spent talking about football side of things, and not cheese of socks. Head coach, first team coach or team bus driver of coach… I still reckon the first two have some sort of idea with what’s going on, don’t you DIV?

Did you really think that a fan podcast would get an exclusive of who the head coach is trying to sign? Most people understand what the podcast is about and like it for that reason.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:11:55 »

Nah, not everyone is about holding the club to account, and some people are happy to pretend everything is rosey and these people are angles because it’s not Lee power.

This wasn’t about holding the club/owners to account though….

Back to what I actually said- if you prefer cheese, music, clothes and sock superstitions chat, instead of transfers, playing styles, season targets, contracts etc etc (the football side of things) then good for you. But I rather listen to the new manager of my football club talk about football.
He spoke transfers, playing style talked of setting promotion a target spoke about Jack Payne and Reed staying at the club, he spoke about targets and how it didn't feel like a proper interview but a chat when he got the job, you even twisted that into a headline about he wan't interviewed... You are moaning for the sake of it
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:13:35 »

I have a bad feeling about the 2022-2023 season.

Is this how I'm supposed to be

Sometimes I think the pain blows my mind
Pain blows my mind.

Did you ever get those cigarettes
And did you get anything for me
Will you help me to remember
When I fall into the sea.

Sometimes I think the pain blows my mind
Pain blows my mind.

Nothing to see here
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:13:56 »

Did you really think that a fan podcast would get an exclusive of who the head coach is trying to sign? Most people understand what the podcast is about and like it for that reason.

I really did think we’d get abit more football intel/insight on the club, yes stfc manc. Sorry for being so naive! Oh yes, well aware of the pod, the hosts, have listened to the “silly questions” pods and the more serious ones.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:15:42 »

He spoke transfers, playing style talked of setting promotion a target spoke about Jack Payne and Reed staying at the club, he spoke about targets and how it didn't feel like a proper interview but a chat when he got the job, you even twisted that into a headline about he wan't interviewed... You are moaning for the sake of it

What did he say about Payne and Reed?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:16:37 »

What did he say about Payne and Reed?

Payne talks ongoing and Reed should be at club come end of window, incase something big/dramatic comes in
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:18:35 »

Twisted it 😂😂😂😂 sorry for finding it odd that Sandro, who’s never met Scott or spoken to him (by his own admission) appointed him without an interview.

FWIW, think SL comes across great. Just can’t be arsed with the BS he was no 1/ a standout target of SDMs.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: