Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141238 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #615 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 08:11:26 »

First I'd heard of it too
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 08:19:40 »

The information has been known for a while - you can see in the AB notes below

"Plans to buy County Ground moving at pace with exchange due by end of January and discussions on funding purchase of County Ground by Nigel Eady Trust Fund progressing well"

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/siteassets/2022-23/documents/advisory-board-minutes-november-2022.pdf
DMC

« Reply #617 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 08:19:58 »

They covered it on the podcasts and with Vic Mogan too if i remember correctly. It's 1.2 millian the club won't owe Clem too i suppose
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 08:47:49 »

If it was known that the Eady funds were pretty much a done deal, then that might have freed up Clem's pocket in order to clear the debenture, which was important, if not vital, to get that out of the way.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 09:11:59 »

It does seem odd to me that a number of us missed the fact that "legal and funding discussions were continuing with positive discussions with the Nigel Eady Trust" sometime between the October and November meetings. If these discussions were started before October they were not mentioned or referred to in the previous minutes !
I just wonder who was involved in these discussions as I can't find any other reference to them unless they were detailed in the Trust podcasts.
I also have no issue with what is now being proposed but I still think it odd that something as significant as these discussions were not mentioned from the start of the process. Perhaps I am asking for too much openness !

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 09:28:51 »

This is taken from the October minutes - did you read them before commenting that they weren't mentioned?

"County Ground deal continues with Exchange agreed for 31/1/2023. Work is now progressing at speed to finalise the sale, lease and JV agreements. Positive discussions with the Nigel Eady
Trust Fund in respect of them funding the purchase of the ground which would be an amazing legacy from Nigel."

I'm sure private discussions have been happening for months but until you are close to an agreement, why would you make it public.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/siteassets/2022-23/documents/advisory-board-minutes-october-2022.pdf
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 09:48:06 »

This is taken from the October minutes - did you read them before commenting that they weren't mentioned?

"County Ground deal continues with Exchange agreed for 31/1/2023. Work is now progressing at speed to finalise the sale, lease and JV agreements. Positive discussions with the Nigel Eady
Trust Fund in respect of them funding the purchase of the ground which would be an amazing legacy from Nigel."

I'm sure private discussions have been happening for months but until you are close to an agreement, why would you make it public.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/siteassets/2022-23/documents/advisory-board-minutes-october-2022.pdf
Thank you for the above. No reference was made to this in the previous minutes Agenda item 1.1 so I assumed it was not discussed at the October meeting. You are quite right I missed this totally probably for the second time, my bad. I guess that is something several of us missed, my apologies.
I totally agree that there needs to be private discussions before any public announcement on such matters, I was simply more interested in who was involved in the public discussions.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 09:52:54 »

No worries, we all miss stuff when we don't bother reading it.

I'm not sure what you mean, you were interested in who was involved in the public discussions?
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 10:20:43 »

I followed the previous Nigel Eady Trust involvement in the STFC in the Community Trust (Foundation Park) quite closely and just wondered if the same Representatives/Executors are involved in the latest JV agreements etc. nothing more.
It is often these people that really make the difference in securing a lasting legacy and very often go unnoticed.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 13:19:10 »

I'd just like to go on record and say I have zero issue with The Eady Fund paying for the clubs side of the purchase in the JV, as long once the purchase is complete we get some plans and some action regarding the Stratton Bank redevelopment in a timely manner.

The 50% of usual rent the club would normally be paying going in to the JV fund isn't going to near cover even getting The Bank done soon, so Clem is going to have to get his wallet out.

Are we left with anything at all in the Eady fund after the purchase is complete or is that it done?
kaufman

« Reply #625 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 14:53:59 »

It’s really worth checking out the loathed strangers podcast episode.
It was the most comprehensive piece on it all that I’ve heard and answered so much.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 16:13:13 »

It’s really worth checking out the loathed strangers podcast episode.
It was the most comprehensive piece on it all that I’ve heard and answered so much.

Just listened to the podcast as I have nothing else to do this afternoon. Yep I agree, very informative and very well presented.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 12:46:19 »

I see in latest minutes there is talk of season ticket pricing, sounds like they club want to increase prices, not sure that's a good idea with the cost of living issues going on, people may not have that extra disposable income to pay more for a ST, and with it looking likely it will be another season in L2 we may have hit a ceiling with the amount of ST holders we have, and the club surely don't want figures going down, rather that staying around the same.
Don't want to price anyone out.

Maybe it is best to freeze prices for a season. and review next season if we are looking likely to get promoted.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 12:53:48 »

I see in latest minutes there is talk of season ticket pricing, sounds like they club want to increase prices, not sure that's a good idea with the cost of living issues going on, people may not have that extra disposable income to pay more for a ST, and with it looking likely it will be another season in L2 we may have hit a ceiling with the amount of ST holders we have, and the club surely don't want figures going down, rather that staying around the same.
Don't want to price anyone out.

Maybe it is best to freeze prices for a season. and review next season if we are looking likely to get promoted.

Following on from the above post (which I have to agree with), wasn't our season ticket prices increased last season due to the costs of running the club?!
DMC

« Reply #629 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 13:00:28 »

Be interesting to see the numbers for next season.If it was renewal time today with everything how it is i think they would really struggle
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: