Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141300 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 12:44:14 »

Well, those are clear answers with very little remaining ambiguity. As long as they're all true, then great.

I am not sure the answer on Karachi is much kop to be honest.  The hope is it is indeed an at arms length thing that is not, in any way, sanctioned by the club as part of his duties.  It basically states Zav is doing his own thing and using his connection to Swindon - the stated aim, in public, is to get talent from Pakistan, so how Swindon can be fully at arms length still confuses me.  You are never going to get a sufficient answer in that type of forum though, especially if it is being used for personal reasons (not saying it is, just has the look of it).  Also a worry that Zav is still not approved by the EFL - especially as we have an FA charge hanging over us.

I have far less concern on the Adam Hart situation - no doubt all sorts of red alarms would be sounding off if he were on the Board or something, but he is employed via a vendor contract and at least seems to be delivering results in his now chosen field.  That is far easier to walk away from and distance the club if there ever were any issues.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 13:09:10 »

Found this interesting:

New agreement extending STFC presence at Beversbrook as well as investing in facilities at Beversbrook
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 13:12:53 »

New agreement extending STFC presence at Beversbrook as well as investing in facilities at Beversbrook

Got to train somewhere I suppose.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 13:22:41 »

I am not sure the answer on Karachi is much kop to be honest.

I'd agree it's the weakest answer there. But honestly, if Zav wants to play statesman in Karachi, it doesn't really bother me as long as there's nothing shady going on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 14:26:11 »

I'd agree it's the weakest answer there. But honestly, if Zav wants to play statesman in Karachi, it doesn't really bother me as long as there's nothing shady going on.

+ indeed its not costing the club money too (coach travel/costs aside)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 14:37:42 »

I'm not worried about costs, well, not those being incurred to support this venture.  I'm worried about the sort of costs that could be incurred if anything untoward was ever discovered by authorities years down the line and Swindon were directly involved (Zav doing his own thing is one thing, having STFC on paperwork related to Visa's at some point makes it much more of an exposure).
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 14:53:42 »

Those are pretty much the expected answers I think, no massive surprises.  I did like the answer to the manager question, proper politicians answer right there Cheesy Gave an answer without actually answering the question that was asked.

I think at some point the fanbase just need to move on and start to trust that this owner isn't the type of ownership that we have had in the past.  It's never going to be perfect, but as long as the Trust do their job right, it shouldn't be a concern in the short term and the Trust along with the joint ground ownership should mean that we have some sort of security blanket if it should start going down a path that we are not happy with.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 15:16:41 »

I'm worried about the sort of costs that could be incurred if anything untoward was ever discovered by authorities years down the line and Swindon were directly involved (Zav doing his own thing is one thing, having STFC on paperwork related to Visa's at some point makes it much more of an exposure).

That's fine, obviously massive destruction potential with this one . But they were never going to say "yeah fair cop, it's a bit dodgy". Still find it very odd. You have to play that one by ear.

I'm not worried about costs, well, not those being incurred to support this venture.

Had it actually "cost the club a lot of money" I'd be pretty pissed off myself. Every penny is being accounted for (and wrung out of supporters at times). You can't do that then fund a vanity project/massive expensive punt.

At the end of the day the answers have been asked and given. Believe, disbelieve, bit of both. You pays your money and takes your choice.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 15:25:54 »

It’s good that all the questions have been addressed, everything around Austin still seems very suspect though. 10 months to go through the fit and proper persons test really? The whole sentence around him being important to the club and effectively saving us feels like they are warming us up for him never being approved to me but time will tell.

With Adam Hart it would have been nice for his previous business relationship with Austin to have been explained but I’m less worried about him now.

Time will tell on Standing….

But anyway I’m looking forward to the working PA system in the DRS and not sounding like there are swarm of angry bees in the speakers during the game.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 15:57:50 »

Of all those questions and answers the one that stands out for me is no Michael Standing involvement. This is contrary what I have previously been told more than once, different football sources which remain in confidence.

I will gladly rest this case and am more than happy to believe this statement.
Let the Power v Standing case get exposed for what is is and we can all move on. After all sick to death with ownership issues at Swindon and just want to support the football.

I hope Clem makes a success out of this project.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 17:41:00 »

Karrachi/Zav thing still seems suspect to me, but I guess that was the answer I was expecting.

The politicians answer on any manager turning us down made me laugh.

The Standing answer was unequivocal, lets hope its true.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 17:48:00 »

It’s good that all the questions have been addressed,

Npt sure about that. My question re disabled parking wasn't addressed, for one. We really need a decision on car parking season tickets soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 20:12:28 »

Quote from: ReadingRed
Npt sure about that. My question re disabled parking wasn't addressed, for one. We really need a decision on car parking season tickets soon.

oh, that's not so good. Have the supporters club been any help? Thought this would be their thing
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 13:45:00 »

Question for next advisory board:
Could the club please open the club shop on match days after the match? Even if just for an hour or so. They are missing a lot of footfall and potential business. I have wanted to visit the shop and had friends with me who wanted to spend money and would have done so if the shop was open but alas no opportunity.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 15:02:23 »

Question for next advisory board:
Could the club please open the club shop on match days after the match? Even if just for an hour or so. They are missing a lot of footfall and potential business. I have wanted to visit the shop and had friends with me who wanted to spend money and would have done so if the shop was open but alas no opportunity.

Ditto, get a few more programs printed too. I cannot get to the Saturday games as early as I did last season but I still like to get one and surprise, surprise they’d sold out.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: