Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141351 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 15:11:57 »

It wouldn’t surprise me if they just forgot about that banding
Me either but let Theakston believe his 100 messages on every socoial platform is what done it  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 15:17:43 »

glad u21 are back

they quoted my slow hand clap gif moan. So you can thank me, not the Trust or Theakston
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 15:22:10 »

Me either but let Theakston believe his 100 messages on every socoial platform is what done it  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
😂 if they forgot about it I think I’d be more concerned to be honest… one way or another it was a complete cock up though.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 08:23:21 »

Whilst you make a valid point there's 7 weeks left

And we don’t know how much players are being paid. How much we have to fork out for agents if any. Wether this 40% budget increase was playing budget or the overall club budget. And of course who we have and how many to sign.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 08:50:28 »

I'm feeling a lot better now we've made a flurry of better looking signing....but I still think its pretty clear the 40% is overall club budget. Even with a few more good looking signings, I don't see it being 40% higher. Slightly higher wage budget? Sure, but nothing like 40%.

On the positive side, I think its obvious now the reported slashing of the budget isn't true either though. At worst its competitive with last seasons even with no more signings.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 08:55:53 »

I'm feeling a lot better now we've made a flurry of better looking signing....but I still think its pretty clear the 40% is overall club budget. Even with a few more good looking signings, I don't see it being 40% higher. Slightly higher wage budget? Sure, but nothing like 40%.

On the positive side, I think its obvious now the reported slashing of the budget isn't true either though. At worst its competitive with last seasons even with no more signings.

Not sure exactly how it works but if Khan joins then that is 3 players we'll have paid cash money for. Are those figures included in budget numbers, or is it purely wages? Obviously we paid 0 fees last season due to the umbungo.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 09:07:51 »

Not sure exactly how it works but if Khan joins then that is 3 players we'll have paid cash money for. Are those figures included in budget numbers, or is it purely wages? Obviously we paid 0 fees last season due to the umbungo.

Yeah that is true. Although I can't imagine the up front fees for players amount to more than multiple tens of thousands, its still something.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 09:09:12 »

Yeah that is true. Although I can't imagine the up front fees for players amount to more than multiple tens of thousands, its still something.

Agreed, I'd imagine the 3 players we have bought are all nominal amounts up front and bonus laden based on performance etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 11:45:32 »

Here are the answers given to questions raised

• Clarity on growth of membership to AB; Why rotating sponsors? How to join? Are all fans represented?
○ CM: Important to rotate because we want different views, wide spectrum - as many opinions as possible
○ RA: Becomes a limit on number of attendees for making the meeting viable and relevant
○ ST: Sponsors want success for the club,and want to ensure we have a voice for improvements. Wide range of thoughts, feedback, views, and benefits from an input perspective
• Are the club’s legacy issues with the turnstiles now resolved?
○ RA: Predominantly, season tickets have now been sorted with correct barcodes on the new cards
• Has work been completed on the PA system?
○ RA: Still a small amount of additional work to do, but this is planned in - its not a new PA system, but a fixed PA system.
• Did any potential head coaches reject the chance to take up the STFC role?
○ RA: We did an extensive search - chose the best person for the job
○ CM: Met a lot of managers who didn’t fit the bill - really pleased Scott didn’t leave the club, and we could offer him the role
• Does the club have a (or any plans for) a mental wellbeing ambassador? Are there plans to offer mental health training to staff and stewards?
○ RA: We use a very good 3rd party for stewarding, but will speak with Platinum to pass on feedback. Supervisors have training. No current plan for specific ambassador.
• Great news on external debt being reduced, is there any “internal” debt to action?
○ RA: Internal debt references debentures from 2012, and CM is in discussions with relevant parties around those
• How much has Clem invested into STFC since taking full control of the club? And is this repayable via loans?
○ CM: £1.4m since I’ve taken over, and previously another £1.8m. Some of this is shares (c£1.1m) the balance are loans, and Ill probably need to invest more to deal with the
debenture situation. All loans are interest free
• Request for ZA to discuss Karachi project directly to fans: cost & funding, Club involvement, timelines, what does success look like?
○ RA: No cost to the club, other than sending Alex Pike (Academy Coach) for which we had to cover flight cost
○ CM: Zav is trying to drive interest in the club longer term, he is very passionate about the Club being successful and moving us forwards, it doesn’t cost us anything, I’m happy
with it. Zav doesn’t get paid anything from the club, he covers his own costs of travel, hotels, and matchday tickets. • What is the status of ZA on the club’s board? Did ZA pass the EFL’s fit & proper persons test?
○ CM: Zav is the club’s vice-chair. EFL approval is ongoing. Please remember that ZA played a crucial role in saving the Club and was the first to identify the damage made by the previous owner and enabled the change of ownership to CM.
• What is Adam Hart’s role at the club?
○ CM: AH runs the S&C perspective. Adam’s team helped reduce costs of department, improve fitness, decrease injury time etc.
• Who are the HerGameToo reps for STFC? Club posted in March 2022 for applications, but applicants have had no feedback ○ RA: I’ll chase up with HerGameToo, subsequently confirmed a HGT rep has been confirmed.
• When will the newly reviewed and confirmed ticket prices be announced?
○ RA: Being published over the next week or two (w/c: 11/7/2022) ahead of the new season, now that supporter groups have feedback on the proposals
• Is Michael Standing involved in the club?
○ CM: No. I’m the 100% shareholder & owner, he has no involvement. He has an outstanding court case with the previous owner, which is absolutely nothing to do with me.
• What are the overall strategy and aims for the 22/23 season? What does success on pitch look like?
○ CM: Always striving for promotion, and we are this season - but will never guarantee that, as this is football. We strive to do better than the season before, and always building
the longer term foundations.
○ RA: Budget is very competitive in this league, but not something we can publicly announce as it gives an advantage to our competitors.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 11:56:33 »

Well, those are clear answers with very little remaining ambiguity. As long as they're all true, then great.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 12:08:28 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/stfc-advisory-board-july-minutes-now-available/

Full minutes of the Advisory Board for July. 4800 season tickets sold feels good.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #326 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 12:09:25 »

4800 season tickets sold feels good.
Brilliant effort again by Town fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 12:25:59 »

AR provided the OSC feedback and noted the validity of some of the names on the Season Ticket thank you plaque with RA confirming that Lee Power and Winston Churchill are fans of the Club
and RA will check others and confirm. AR also raised the idea of a memorial wall which is something that CM and RA will consider as part of the stadium development.

Made me smile more than it should have.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 12:30:19 »

q&a look good

Shame about the debenture seems to be giving unwanted grief.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Thursday, July 14, 2022, 12:31:10 »

"RA confirm(ed) that Lee Power and Winston Churchill are fans of the Club"  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: