Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141234 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:44:37 »

Surely our very own Rich Pullen from the Loathed Strangers Pod should be in line ahead of Cockbox?

I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon after some recent Pods asked some pertenant questions about the trusts positioning with the club. LSPOD is probably still on the naughty step.  Some people won't want to invite people that might ask relevant but difficult questions.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:44:40 »

Unsure what the number was before the season started last season. I'd heard 4,500 mentioned but that may have included half season tickets later in the season.

With prices going up and the situation around no card payments, getting close to that again has to be a result.

We could be on for some sort of record for the past couple of decades, if we manage to go up with card payments back in play.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:45:45 »

Yeah that's really positive numbers to be fair. I had a feeling it would be less than that so it's good to read such good news.

Me too - that is great stuff at this stage, even before we have a manager or any confirmed new/existing players

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:46:45 »

Unsure what the number was before the season started last season. I'd heard 4,500 mentioned but that may have included half season tickets later in the season.

With prices going up and the situation around no card payments, getting close to that again has to be a result.

We could be on for some sort of record for the past couple of decades, if we manage to go up with card payments back in play.

I am pretty certain I remember either 4300 or 4700 last year..

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:47:00 »

Surely our very own Rich Pullen from the Loathed Strangers Pod should be in line ahead of Cockbox?

He (cockbox) certainly doesn't ''represent'' me as a fan.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:48:07 »

Within the notes it says that they hope to have all 4500 renewed before gen sale on the 18th June.

At least I thought I read that.....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:55:32 »

I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon after some recent Pods asked some pertenant questions about the trusts positioning with the club. LSPOD is probably still on the naughty step.  Some people won't want to invite people that might ask relevant but difficult questions.

Not sure anyone bar the Trust and OSC should be on it, fuck where do you stop if you go down that route, inviting the Facebook group to attend the meetings, a rep from TEf?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:59:06 »

Getting a bit silly now. I don't know if it's just me but it doesn't come across very professional just having random people on the advisory board / attending meetings just to appease supporters.

Not sure anyone bar the Trust and OSC should be on it, fuck where do you stop if you go down that route, inviting the Facebook group to attend the meetings, a rep from TEf?

The general goal is to get representation from all parts of the fanbase, I think Jay is (from the way I read it, I don't know him) a one-off invitation. Whatever else you might think of him, he clearly does represent a part of the fanbase and is willing to put effort into organising stuff rather than just sniping from the sidelines. If they rotated that spot between various pods/groups/forums then I think that would be fine.

Mostly because I now absolutely want to make them invite FlammableBen to an advisory board. Go on Rob Angus, you know it makes sense. I'm only half joking - we might be a bunch of prats for the most part, but we are representative of a decent size chunk of the fanbase.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 15:28:35 »

The general goal is to get representation from all parts of the fanbase, I think Jay is (from the way I read it, I don't know him) a one-off invitation. Whatever else you might think of him, he clearly does represent a part of the fanbase and is willing to put effort into organising stuff rather than just sniping from the sidelines. If they rotated that spot between various pods/groups/forums then I think that would be fine.

Mostly because I now absolutely want to make them invite FlammableBen to an advisory board. Go on Rob Angus, you know it makes sense. I'm only half joking - we might be a bunch of prats for the most part, but we are representative of a decent size chunk of the fanbase.
That will be the plan, let's get Rich on there
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 15:49:09 »

Jay's done a lot of work with the club recently regarding foodbanks and getting flags & displays done so he's well known to them. Don't think it's a regular thing. Also he's been helping with The Sir Tom Broadbent Lounge Twitter space and that's become fairly popular recently.

Think it's a good idea to have Rich & his contributors involved as well to be honest. Particularly as they've had some feedback recently, I'd be interested to hear them raise their concerns.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 16:24:14 »

Just a thought - but if everyone gets a turn on the AB, then wouldn't we all be potentially getting too close to the club and end up toeing the party line, as we'd all receive the same facts at the same time.   

Surely we'd all prefer being a bunch of moany (mainly old) cunts and make shit up on here all day.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 12:55:40 »

Why is JayBox being invited, who does he represent ? surely the Trust & SC are the correct ones as they represent their members and are answerable to their members, not sure I can see the benefit of sponsors wanting to come along.

Surely at these meetings certain things are discussed that are not for further public consumption at the time (for various reasons) and the invitation of these various people will stop that happening as they are unknown and cant be trusted for confidentiality.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #117 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 12:58:52 »

Why is JayBox being invited, who does he represent ?

He represents the people!

In his own head.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 13:03:02 »

I bet he's jizzing in his pants. Always looking for attention from players.

It's a no from me.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 13:09:11 »

Why is JayBox being invited, who does he represent ? surely the Trust & SC are the correct ones as they represent their members and are answerable to their members, not sure I can see the benefit of sponsors wanting to come along.

Surely at these meetings certain things are discussed that are not for further public consumption at the time (for various reasons) and the invitation of these various people will stop that happening as they are unknown and cant be trusted for confidentiality.

It does literally explain this in the minutes. He's been invited as a representative of the Sir Tom Broadbent Lounge (a Twitter fan group thing). The implication is further fan groups will be invited in later months and presumably rotated. The Trust and OSC have a regular invitation already.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: