Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141320 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 17:11:32 »

Couldn't work with English Clubs as it was third party ownership like the Tevez situation (which he said in his book) All over after being told that.

Cheers I couldn't remember

So, give no fucks
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 09:58:00 »

I think the Austin thing needs a full explanation now as there’s so much conjecture and hearsay, my questions are:

1. He’s been around for he club for years so what was his role in the Power years?
2. Does he have an invested interest in the club or can it it be categorically confirmed he has no financial interest in the club?
3. We were told Austin was going through the fit and proper persons test but it has been radio silent on that since, has he passed or failed? If he has failed then the question needs to be asked is it appropriate he is involved in the club?
4. Can the Karachi thing be fully explained, Austin says himself he’s only been to Pakistan a handful of times so how has it come about, it seems odd if he has no real links to the country. How will it will benefit the club? How it is being paid for? How will it get around work permits and actually allow any players to play for the club?
5. Finally can the relationship with Adam Hart be explained. It goes beyond Mcfarlane Training Systems as Austin & Hart were business partners well before Mcfarlane were involved in the club and Clem had ownership. Can they understand why it looks iffy on the face of it having 2 convicted criminals, having been guilty of similar offences now involved with the club.

Can the Trust not release their due diligence research on Austin?

He stated he has never invested any money on the Monday night panel interview (I think) and nothing is on companies house as being a director/owner. 

Who knows what he was doing under the Power years?  He was one of Power's mates, who liked to be assosciated with a football club.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 12:09:34 »

You can not be an investor in the club but still pay for things though

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 13:27:52 »

He stated he has never invested any money on the Monday night panel interview (I think) and nothing is on companies house as being a director/owner. 

Who knows what he was doing under the Power years?  He was one of Power's mates, who liked to be assosciated with a football club.
Diamindis ran the club and was not only not a director he was actually banned from being a director. What companies house says is irrelevant, he’s been around for years so does he have a vested financial interest in the club?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:10:07 »

Diamindis ran the club and was not only not a director he was actually banned from being a director. What companies house says is irrelevant, he’s been around for years so does he have a vested financial interest in the club?

Your question was does he have a invested interest in the club - he has said no.  I'm not sure what else you actually expect?  

Rob/Clem are in control of the club, you have transparency for example on the debt front which has decreased by nearly £3m.  
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:13:17 by STFC_Manc » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:36:58 »

Well the email from the trust today at least made it clear that not all fan groups or platforms are considered part of the "Let's work together" message.

It should be changed to "Let's work together, unless you want to challenge us or question our methods"  Starting to question my membership of both the Trust and OSC tbh, i am not sure that they really do represent all fans, only the ones that will accept what the club want to do without question.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:40:14 »

For those that want to read, as not everyone on here are members..

Welcome to our June
TrustSTFC Newsletter
Hi Paul
I hope you’re having an enjoyable Jubilee bank holiday weekend, and with the extra couple of days off it's a chance to send you our first newsletter in a while.

We look back on the season just gone with great pride; our team did well to get within a penalty kick of Wembley and off the field it's been a complete transformation, as we now have an owner that respects the supporters, and a chief executive who is a Town fan himself, someone who understands the importance of the local community.

New faces on the Trust board
On the Trust side we've seen a lot of change. Once the dust had settled on the court cases last year, several board members dropped away including long serving Trust board member Cliff Ponting. Cliff always did a great job for us and we recognised him as a “Trust Hero” at our AGM.

Prior to that AGM Stuart Woollard our new secretary created a new and improved recruitment process which saw lots of new faces emerge onto the board, all from our existing membership.

We've always been an honest, open and transparent organisation and anyone who wants to get involved and commit their own time to helping our football club thrive is welcome to do so, it was therefore great to see an excellent response and some really impressive board applications.

We had a very slick Trust operation in the year just gone, where everybody understood their role, and we’ve now strengthened our ranks significantly with some great expertise coming onto the board.

Just like with football teams though it's not easy when there are so many personnel changes in such a short space of time, but we are making good progress and I’m confident we will do some great stuff this year.

Obviously, lots of new people have come in with ideas, and our initial board meetings have been about ensuring everyone has a role to play and something to own. We might make a few mistakes as we are still finding our feet a little, but I’ve been really impressed with the energy, enthusiasm and professionalism that all of the new faces have brought to us.

You will hear from them all soon.

The Year Ahead
We have a packed agenda for the year ahead which includes the County Ground purchase, and a new and improved website that will include fresh ideas and details about owning a share of the County Ground. At this moment there are still legalities that need to be finalised and these things take time however, as soon as the purchase has been completed we will be issuing details on how the share scheme will work.

We’ve got the Don Rogers statue to come and we will share more on that when we can, and we are also working with Swindon Town, the OSC and historians on our long-standing ambition to have a Club Museum. There are lots of ideas around improving our engagement with supporters, ways to generate additional income that will support other work including new environment and sustainability initiatives, and ideas to help get a more diverse and inclusive matchday experience, reaffirming our full commitment to developing the next generation of Town fans. We’re also going to continue to support Swindon Town women and look to work with charitable organisations around the Town and wider area.

On top of all that, we have other board members who are going to step up and start to communicate more regularly with you. Our aim is to involve our members all the way throughout this coming year, as without your support we wouldn’t be able to achieve anything.

Let's Work Together
Back in 2017 at our AGM, we made a plea to the club, the council, the supporters and the local media to work together and help this football club get back to where it belongs. “Let’s Work Together” was our rallying cry and in the last year we’ve seen that come to life, it’s been fantastic.

The club have been open with supporters throughout the year, answering questions on anything. I know from feedback outside in wider football circles that the Advisory Board minutes are something unique, the level of open communication is unbelievable to some. I don’t think we can ask for any more there.

The local media, like Swindon Advertiser and BBC Wiltshire have been excellent, reporting on things accurately and keeping STFC at the front of minds. Special mention to Jonny Leighfield at the Adver who I know works really hard to keep everyone informed, and also to Andrew Hawes at the BBC, who’s commentary and handling of post-match interviews has always been spot-on. 

On the Council front, we’ve obviously worked well with them in the last year, with the County Ground sale being approved and they have been very supportive overall throughout the lengthy discussions over the years.

The Sir Tom Broadbent Lounge
New media has also emerged and the recent addition of “The Sir Tom Broadbent Lounge” on Twitter has given lots of supporters a voice, through their regular ‘phone-in’ style interviews. 

Mark Hanrahan is one of the co-hosts, and a much-valued Gold-level Member of the Trust. His positivity shines through and so to see this new fan venture get off to such a great start was not a surprise.

If you haven’t tuned in yet, it’s well worth a listen and the recent interview with ex-CEO Nick Watkins was superb. (click here to listen to it) and you can access the old shows on Twitter (via @Safehandsstfc1) or catch-up through the other media platforms like YouTube, Audible, Spotify etc. 

The Official Supporters Club
Our relationship with the Supporters Club is probably the best it’s ever been and in years gone by (before my time) that was not always the case. We’ve collaborated and shared costs on a number of matchday related items that have really helped the club and the team, and it’s a great example of how we can make a difference when we stay positive and work towards common goals.  You can sign up and support their work via the OSC website.

Crowds were up dramatically, and in those last few games of the season it felt like the penny dropped for supporters – if we give plenty of vocal support on a match day, the team respond. Town fans form the final piece of the ‘Let’s Work Together’ winning formula.   

We have to keep working on that matchday experience, as it will make all the difference. It didn’t get us promoted this time, but we were close, and if we keep this momentum up off the field, we will soon see results on the field.

Finally, I wanted to say thanks on behalf of the entire Trust board to our new Joint Vice-Chairs of the Trust, James Spencer and Alex Pollock, who continue to be our main faces when it comes to fan engagement via the Official Supporters Club ‘On the Sofa’ events. 

It’s not easy to be on camera facing random questions with hundreds or even 1000+ watching and listening to your every word, but these two do a great job. 

Behind the scenes, we do ask the questions that supporters want asked, challenge the football club when they need to be challenged, and we try to relay feedback to the fans. The club has been inherited with many ongoing issues, and so it’s often difficult to pass on messages due to possible legal implications. It’s a delicate balancing act on what can be said and what can’t be said in the public domain, but these two get it just right. 

Alex and James will also continue to represent us at the Advisory board, and so if you have anything you’d like raised, please let us know via email info@truststfc.com or via Twitter/Facebook (where Direct Messages work just fine).

Thanks for reading but as mentioned earlier, this is just a starting point - we are looking to increase communications to our membership, so you can expect further emails to arrive soon, with more Trust related updates.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Mytton
Chairman, TrustSTFC

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:46:59 »

Well the email from the trust today at least made it clear that not all fan groups or platforms are considered part of the "Let's work together" message.

It should be changed to "Let's work together, unless you want to challenge us or question our methods"  Starting to question my membership of both the Trust and OSC tbh, i am not sure that they really do represent all fans, only the ones that will accept what the club want to do without question.
Honestly, I can’t see where you are coming from. Who are you saying they don’t represent?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:53:52 »

I assume the absence of ls pod recognition and the interference of that being due to dare to ask questions.

not sure if that's correct (Bernie)

. not sure if that's the trust's intention even if I have interpreted it right
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:54:11 »

I’d be very interested to understand how you have gained the impression that the Trust “accepts everything the club wants to without question”?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:57:14 »

Meh, I certainly don’t agree with everything the Trust do/have done but I don’t see what’s wrong with that email..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 16:15:24 »

Honestly, I can’t see where you are coming from. Who are you saying they don’t represent?

The fans and groups that question things, it seems to me they are quite often given short shrift and not much in the way of answers to those questions.  A few examples being, the Man City price hike, due dilegence of Xavier and his mates, the proposed ticket price rise after releasing ticket pricing..

I realise that this is the whole reason for this thread but it seems to me that the trust are more aligned with the club now when they should be aligned with the fans and working on the fans behalf instead of the club.  Some actions that I have seen from members of the trust recently have reinforced my view on this, am not going to go into details but I did not like what I saw.

If "Let's work together" is indeed the mantra, then surely that should include all fans that have questioned things and have been asking for a while, and should also include groups like GW Reds and LSPOD to name a couple.  It's no coincidence to me that these groups are potentially ones that would be more willing to question things at the club and these are the ones that don't get mentioned in the newsletter as part of that working together - it is clear that they only want what they see as positive influences involved - which in my eyes is a potentially dangerous president based on previous experiences with owners..

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 16:45:32 »

Berni, I think you know I have questioned this at several times earlier on. My gut feeling always was that since the RA move from Trust to CEO, the Trust has become purely an accepting mouthpiece and channel for Clem. I still think they hopped into bed too soon. It all feels a bit Nick Clegg with the Tories. Ugh.

I've stated it several times here, whenever there has been a question or a challenge, it often seems to be met in "defence" of the Club not to enact and take that forward and to then question the Club. That's not the role of the Trust to defend the club each time (I believe that's the Club's role). Yes, be a channel  or conduit to communicate but they are not meant to be mouthpiece/Spokesperson/outward PR for the Club. They need to realise their actual role because right now they've become far too "in bed" and lines are now becoming more blurred in this regard. There is less alignment to the fan base but this is the role the Trust should and always should play.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 16:56:18 »

Meh, I certainly don’t agree with everything the Trust do/have done but I don’t see what’s wrong with that email..

To be honest Chang, I can smell the spin dripping off that letter from here and as with many things, several often swallow it all up before it's too late; like a modern version of Romeo & Juliet Wink

The "Let's Work Together" mantra should maybe be changed to "Let's Say Yes And Not Notice The Elephant In The Room Together"
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 17:00:20 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 17:42:01 »

To be honest Chang, I can smell the spin dripping off that letter from here and as with many things, several often swallow it all up before it's too late; like a modern version of Romeo & Juliet Wink

The "Let's Work Together" mantra should maybe be changed to "Let's Say Yes And Not Notice The Elephant In The Room Together"
[/quoteOut of interest what is it that the trust will not ask that bothers you. I have genuinely yet to see what they have not answered or the club tbh. Pretty sure the Zavier Austin stuff was covered last year and he openly said about his prior conviction.

I see a lot of people saying they are cozy etc and i do agree that a few things of late they have been a bit bad with but last week the fans were saying they wanted to hear from the owners about new debt and budget cuts which have been addressed in the local media already

What are the actual things that you want them to stop doing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: