Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 143156 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 10:33:02 »

I am not going as far as dodgy doings

but the timing is well weird.

pay off debts, get the ground purchased, put excess into stadium and squad for now.

once that's done then look at links.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 10:34:29 »

Also whats the chances of any of the 2 players making it.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 10:38:41 »

Quote from: Jimmy QuitMoaning
Also whats the chances of any of the 2 players making it.

I think the work permit issues may prevent it as things stand?

other than that, if they're good enough ...

it's also a good thing to do for their community.

but I've made my actual concerns as above.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #33 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 10:39:09 »

Thirded. The whole thing stinks of dodgy doings. Can you imagine the fallout on here if Pee Lower had set this up. Don’t like the sound of it’s costing the club a lot of money, would rather as a club we just invested in our own team and stadium than spunking it off on some not at all dodgy overseas project.
From what i have heard and obviously you don't have to believe it but this isn't being paid for by the club
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 10:43:41 »

Zav had misspoken again!

probably needs clearing up through official channels.

well it's a bit odd if it's being funded by an individual, but as long as the club or fitc aren't dipping into pockets it's a start
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 10:44:41 »

Does anybody know of any Pakistani footballers who've made it professional? Anywhere in the world? I can't find one.

If this is all being done with good intentions, we obviously think there's kids over there with talent that don't get the opportunity to be coached and given an opportunity.

But with Karachi being the biggest city in Pakistan, surely if this had any legs, a much bigger club than us would already be all over this?

Even IF we are onto something here, how long until we reap the rewards? 4 or 5 years? why are we doing this now when we can't even bring a football league calibre player off our bench.

Seems dodgy to me. Not a fan so far.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 10:51:04 »

My thoughts exactly, why haven't any of the big Premiership clubs tapped into the talent.

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 11:17:04 »

I’m all for thinking outside the box, but the whole thing is farcical.

It’s not a priority. It’s a waste of time, waste of money and because it doesn’t stack up, we’re right to be sceptical.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 3, 2022, 11:19:28 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 11:40:34 »

My thoughts exactly, why haven't any of the big Premiership clubs tapped into the talent.

But with Karachi being the biggest city in Pakistan, surely if this had any legs, a much bigger club than us would already be all over this?

India like Pakistan are in real terms and measured against western economies are both relatively poor. Their demographics are such that those who can afford to buy into the premiership marketing machine % of population wise is very small. Plus competing with cricket and hockey makes it a market that is not worth trying to buy into. Plus the sponsors of PL clubs (alcohol and betting) is frowned upon certainly within the Muslim population. Is my guess. £50 for a replica shirt not withstanding is probably a years income for many.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 11:44:12 »

Thirded. The whole thing stinks of dodgy doings. Can you imagine the fallout on here if Pee Lower had set this up. Don’t like the sound of it’s costing the club a lot of money, would rather as a club we just invested in our own team and stadium than spunking it off on some not at all dodgy overseas project.
Do not suggest anything that goes against the club, nothing negative or you will get shouted down, you cannot say anything against clem or zavi at all

this is opening the top of a can of worms, the trust need to be asking many of these questions mentioned on this and other posts, not saying clem and angus are part of any bad things but the rest are fair game

not anti clem at all but definately zavi has many questions that need answering

also why is all this happening now? surely its a bit ambitious for a club recently under new ownership making links with a country that has no footballing heritage? its all a bit weird, the arrogance of zavi is upsetting

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 11:52:03 »

Do not suggest anything that goes against the club, nothing negative or you will get shouted down, you cannot say anything against clem or zavi at all

this is opening the top of a can of worms, the trust need to be asking many of these questions mentioned on this and other posts, not saying clem and angus are part of any bad things but the rest are fair game

not anti clem at all but definately zavi has many questions that need answering

also why is all this happening now? surely its a bit ambitious for a club recently under new ownership making links with a country that has no footballing heritage? its all a bit weird, the arrogance of zavi is upsetting
Not sure anyone has anything against asking questions but it's when people post stuff that is happening that hasn't happened people try and be balanced. For what it's worth i don't think it's a great idea but nothing more than a  project for Austin who will no doubt try and benefit like Fitton did with any prospects he finds and sells on
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 12:07:11 »

Not sure anyone has anything against asking questions but it's when people post stuff that is happening that hasn't happened people try and be balanced.
thats forums are for tho, all fans speculate

For what it's worth i don't think it's a great idea but nothing more than a  project for Austin who will no doubt try and benefit like Fitton did with any prospects he finds and sells on
thats fair and yes i agree i think there could be money in it for zavi somewhere

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 12:24:16 »

thats forums are for tho, all fans speculate
thats fair and yes i agree i think there could be money in it for zavi somewhere
Very true, no need to get personal with people over these things i agree
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 12:53:09 »

If it was just Alex Pike there then I don't think there would be anywhere near as much noise about this.   
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 13:26:05 »

The bloke at the ground called him what sounded like 'Xavier More-due-day'.

I thought Austin sounded AWFUL! Very arrogant and dismissive.
Alex Pike on the other hand - What a great representative of the club! Spoke very well I thought.

I know what you mean but I don’t think he came across TOO awfully. His ‘you understand magic wand?’ quip was definitely rather cringe.

DO. YOU. SPEAKAH. DA. ENGLISH?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: