Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 76281 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 21:20:25 »

Swansea were caught out last season playing around at the back and don't learn and it appears Garner won't change things either.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 21:32:25 »

Surely a load of football fans on the Internet know more than sports scientists Shrivvy. You are so naive!

Didn't realise SL had a sports science background. My apologies.
--
Yeah a bit of expectation in shrivy's post.

Thing is we were better in the second half, so it must have that fatigue that improves the more you play
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 21:40:21 »

They must have eaten spinach at half time 😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 21:41:43 »

--

Thing is we were better in the second half, so it must have that fatigue that improves the more you play

I wasn't aware he did Batch but I do know we have a strong sports science department so I assume he takes his advice from them as well as his own coaching experience.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #724 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 21:46:44 »

--

pretty sure you know what I meant, Batch. Unless you think he's decided to make it up
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 21:59:17 »

I think it's a bloody weird thing to trot out.

Of course peak conditioning will be geared to next week, that's a given at every club
-----
Fwiw I've no idea where we stand with the squad. Could be anywhere from promotion to lower mid.

They're friendlies. The gloves aren't off
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 22:03:46 by Batch » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 22:08:51 »

I would have thought pushing your body hard when it's already fatigued would Increase the chances of pulled muscles etc but what do I know.

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 22:20:14 »

I've asked the question and as I thought there'd be a scientific thought process behind it

Hi mate.

Basically the human body needs a lot of stress to adapt to new levels of fitness. And to really push our levels it requires us to do more work in the week than would be in a normal game week. So players bed up playing fatigue to really push the stress on the body. Now when they focus on recovery during the first week of season! Thier new level of fitness will and should show
Is 8km really that much? Really? Cardiff played on Tuesday so we’re probably more fatigued than us. It’s just not an excuse that stacks up as we were actually worst in the first half where the fatigue would have played less of a part. Just call it what it was a disjointed preseason game against a much better opposition. It looked like a first preseason game with players looking a bit lost and not really knowing their roles. But this was actually our last friendly and that’s why to me it feels like we are undercooked in terms of genuine match practice & players building some kind of understanding.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 22:30:50 »

I thought previously all the running/road miles were put in before the friendly matches started leaving just the match fitness and tactics to work on

So, give no fucks
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 23:15:31 »

Been a pretty condensed preseason given our late finish due to the play offs, the management fiasco and the new season starting early.

We lost 1 out of 9 matches in 20/21 preseason. It means bugger all.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 06:49:18 »

The fatigue excuse does have merit, the only way to improve your fitness/stamina is to push yourself beyond your limits.  We will see in the first couple of games, if it has worked.

My view is that we played better in the 2nd half because cardiff stopped pressing us quite so hard, I'm sure most league 2 teams won't be as good at pressing as Cardiff.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 08:17:09 »

Isn't the "playing tired/beasted in pre-season" thing just a more modern, considered version of the Macari/PDC era long runs that people broadly liked? Worth remembering we started the season very slowly under PDC.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 08:18:51 »

Isn't the "playing tired/beasted in pre-season" thing just a more modern, considered version of the Macari/PDC era long runs that people broadly liked? Worth remembering we started the season very slowly under PDC.

That's how i see it and not sure why fatigue has only been mentioned now when they've been training for 5 weeks

So, give no fucks
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 08:30:20 »

That's how i see it and not sure why fatigue has only been mentioned now when they've been training for 5 weeks

It was mentioned after the Supermarine game as well, I thought.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 08:47:19 »

It was mentioned after the Supermarine game as well, I thought.

It was but not after the Woking game when we won and it was hotter.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: