Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 58631 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 13:23:20 »

shouldn't...

but if there's no chance of a conviction without victim support then I guess there's no point in trying.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 13:27:40 »

You really are an ex copper aren’t you, it’s just a list of excuses why not. If there’s clear video evidence of a crime it shouldn’t require a victim to press charges.

yes I really am an ex copper. Want to know something else? The police often like the rules that they have to work under as little as the public that moan about them.

Prosecution isn't decided by the police. The wonderful folk at the Crown Prosecution Service decide who and what gets prosecuted. They require a realistic prospect of a conviction before they say that a charge is authorised. No support from a victim? Very little realistic prospect.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 14:41:06 »

Not really a lot to say on the match. Over two legs the two teams seemingly even, even if both adopted different styles of play and strategy.

Came down to penalties. That should have been Town's in the bag after Vale missed two. Thats the gutting part. Ward was class though. Not bad for a No.2.

Post-match. Pretty disgraceful. Similarly hope Mansfield beat them at Wembley.

Unfortunately with two sets of fans with some history of violence I can see there being some trouble. It won't take much if the minority of Vale Neanderthals kick off with the Stags Neanderthals. One thing I know about people from North Notts is you don't fucking goad or try winding them up as they won't take it lying down. Been in many an establishment in that area over the years and whilst the people are bloody lovely, you definitely feel the instant vibe of "in no circumstances do you upset me. Understood?!".

Put simply - They have some hard bastards who have no problem doing the time. I hope those several "exciteable" Vale fans heed it and reel things in a tad because it could get quite messy around North London on the 28th May. A case of too much booze, drugs and elevated levels of testosterone will do little to smooth the egos of some 40-50yr old+ blokes, yearning for some nawty boi nostalgia with their chavvy offspring in tow thinking it's all such a larf until they see a brick sticking out of their besties head! Which in some cases might be an improvement.

I say all this but would have said similar if the PO Final had ended up being STFC versus Wovers.

I notice in other cultural news that after a failed bid to claim city status, Burslem has applied to be granted twinning Town status with Bristol. One can only assume it has something to do with the levels of delusion and diminishing IQ shared by several fans of both the Valiants and the Pirates.

Hey ho, I think most of us are still alive and well. Fuzzy, it's probably pointless digging that hole. Especially on the TEF. Although I understand you're likely to be in a thankless position. Don't think deflecting from the stark issue is quite the route to go as it comes across as uncaring and that only makes that "them and us" divide grow further. Have a lot of respect for possibly 99% of cops on the ground (aka bobbies on the beat) and know full well of their personal frustrations. Especially concerning being underfunded and yet expected to carry out about 10 different full time roles. The law really is an ass huh!

I share Batch's view about pitch running onnery and disagree with Webber to a degree. I'll happily take my short video and "live" in that moment so I have something to wank off to when I get home (who else is going to toss me off on those cold winter nights) and run on the pitch. My (and many) intent is purely to do that - literally just enjoy that moment and not even considering hurting anyone. At Walsall there was even a bloke in a wheelchair on the pitch celebrating.  It was all good natured. Its fine if others and yourself find it cringe. That's ok, I find "reem blokes" with the same hair, teeth and tan fucking cringe but I also understand they aren't hurting anyone.

As with anything, it's always a minority of people who spoil fucking everything for others. But then again, when the Met pull investigation from the top dog running the country, is it any idea that the general public think it's ok to act like a complete dickhead too...then be confused to as to why they end up arrested and prosecuted for it? I call it "Shrodinger's Parties" and another step towards autocracy. This filters down to simple things like paid leisure activities such as watching pro footy. Give it a decade and the UK will become a place where we have a "fun Police", and you'll only legally (or illegally depending who you ask) be able to do fun stuff if you're a person of higher authority.

Yay for posititvity! Thumb Auto has to be the main priority next season,  even if it means having to sign the floppy haired legend from Hylo on a one season PAYP contract  Pint
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:40:10 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 14:43:51 »

Good read that Kev Clap

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 14:57:44 »

Time out chaps!

Why is Fuzzy getting grief? He's been explaining the way that processes based upon his knowledge of the police force.

On the subjects being discussed:

- Clarke should be disciplined by the FA for his inappropriate behaviour. There are processes in place for that.
- Rather than investigating Clarke, I would prefer the police spend their time and tax payers money on investigating murders, rapes, robberies etc
- Clarke should NOT be interviewed by the media for comments on pitch invasions in the last few days. The bloke ran onto a part of the pitch he wasn't allowed on and accosted one of our players. How he can then say it was wrong of PV fans to do the same after the whistle is hypocracy.
- The invasions and assaults are just a symptom of moral decay. People seem to feel so entitled these days. Stay in the fucking stands and follow the rules! Big punishments for those who dont follow the rules.
- Port Vale should potentially be investigated by the Health & Safety Executive for not keeping employees and customers safe. They are the ones that provided inadequate marshalling.
- Shithousing: I hate it when we do it. I hate it when other teams do it. I especially hate to see what the ball boys were doing. These are young kids who are our future! Are they being instructed to cheat? Are they not being punished for cheating? I haven't brought my kids up like that. These are the rapists and bank robbers of the future.  
- Diving: Same principle. Its cheating.
- Our performance: Disappointingly poor. Wrong mindset. Didn't take the game to them. Tried to hold what we had. PV approached the game correctly and deserved what they got.
- The penalties: Two saves from your goalkeeper and you still lose? McKirdy, Iandolo and Davison (in that order) need to take a look at themselves.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 14:59:46 »

Ball boys get instructed by the club/players.

I don't blame them

We do the same
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:02:37 »

Ball boys get instructed by the club/players.

I don't blame them

We do the same
Its fucking cheating and its inappropriate to teach children to do it!

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #952 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:05:37 »

You really are an ex copper aren’t you, it’s just a list of excuses why not. If there’s clear video evidence of a crime it shouldn’t require a victim to press charges.
It doesn't anymore tbf. The police can still take him to court without a victim statement now
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:06:53 »

- The penalties: Two saves from your goalkeeper and you still lose? McKirdy, Iandolo and Davison (in that order) need to take a look at themselve
agree with the sentiment there, 100%

I guess your order is based on not hitting the target?

A reminder iandolo was what, #7 or was it 8 in the pecking order for a reason. He didn't want one.

McKirdy no excuse but he is at least the reason we were there in the first place. Terrible pen.

Davison worked the keeper. It was his performance over the 2 legs open play that is one of the reasons we aren't in the final.

The pressure of pens .. it's  bad enough with a man and his dog watching local league. 12k and the entire season on it... nah, can't imagine.

let's hope Vale are walking around Wembley with fuck all
REDBUCK

« Reply #954 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:18:47 »

Cheers RedRag for the info

Jimmy, you might want to watch the footage yourself. It appeared to me the ball boy was giving the ball back to Conroy and Clarke tried to stop him.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:34:50 »

A reminder iandolo was what, #7 or was it 8 in the pecking order for a reason. He didn't want one.

McKirdy no excuse but he is at least the reason we were there in the first place. Terrible pen.

Davison worked the keeper. It was his performance over the 2 legs open play that is one of the reasons we aren't in the final.

The pressure of pens .. it's  bad enough with a man and his dog watching local league. 12k and the entire season on it... nah, can't imagine.

1. McKirdy:
You've had a shit game. Things weren't working for you. Do the penalty run up properly. Make sure of yourself. This is not the time to be flash.

2. Iandolo:
Work the keeper. Whether you take the first or last penalty. Make sure that if the keeper doesn't save it, it goes in the goal.

3. Davison:
You are a goal scorer. Soft, easily saved, telegraphed penalty.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #956 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:37:05 »

The pressure of pens .. it's  bad enough with a man and his dog watching local league. 12k and the entire season on it... nah, can't imagine.

Agree about Davison, also think though alot of people seem to be forgetting Iandolo was a big part in both goals we conceded as well
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:41:22 »

I can't bring myself to watch the goals back Dean
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:46:42 »

Time out chaps!

Why is Fuzzy getting grief? He's been explaining the way that processes based upon his knowledge of the police force.

FTR, I wasn't giving Fuzzy grief. More highlighting that on the TEF (and poss wider social media) it can be very easy to dig a hole even when talking some sense. For an easier life I felt it's better the spade is put to one side and a brew had or something Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 15:49:41 »

That was recent entry into the ranks of the unemployed, Gary Bowyer.
Thanks for the reminder WB.  I've never seen a manager trip a player.  Though PDC gave us quite a number of memories of our own.  

Great support by you and other Teffers on the night by the way.   Pint
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: