Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 58663 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 11:15:29 »

Have read the thread back and most things already well covered, just a couple of points.
What was it with the ball boys shithousery throughout the game not giving us the ball back straight away but holding on to it then dropping the ball on the floor when a Town player fetched it ? This was partly the reason for the flare up with the Vile manager getting sent off.
Feel that Port Vile FC in their entirety from Chairwoman to ballboys / stewards / etc really did a number on us. Needless change of ends for away fans, hospitality offered absolute zero, and manager happy to endorse shithouse behaviour !
So proud of all our team, plus Clem Rob and all staff. We'll get even better after this, excited about our future. Harry Ellis and Josh still Town heroes.
Finally special mention to the fans at Vile Park, great noise and support (and a mention to the massive improvement in support at home) Class showing compared to the Chavs of Burslem.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 11:45:08 »

Cheers RedRag for the info

It was alleged/reported that Clarke headbutted Conroy.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 11:49:54 »

The police tend not to be invited to investigate incidents like is alleged to have occurred between Clarke and Conroy. Don't ask me why but I suspect that incidents that occur between players and pitch side staff being investigated as crimes would result in every professional footballer and pitch side staff member being subject of investigation.
So a manager can walk up to a player head butt him and it’s not a crime. Right….  In the heat of the moment on the pitch between players is one thing, a manager doing it though is assault the same as any fan doing it as he shouldn’t be anywhere near opposition players.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 11:50:17 »

It was alleged/reported that Clarke headbutted Conroy.

Surely there has to be footage of that to press charges etc

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 11:52:56 »

A headbut should be investigated. if I headbutted someone at work I'd be sacked. But I'd leave it to Conroy to complain or not.

Clarke should be consigned to the stands for a couple of games, I assume he was sent for violent conduct
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 11:57:12 »

Alan Pardew was fined £100,000 by Newcastle let's hope Port Vale do the same!

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:03:10 »

A headbut should be investigated. if I headbutted someone at work I'd be sacked. But I'd leave it to Conroy to complain or not.

Clarke should be consigned to the stands for a couple of games, I assume he was sent for violent conduct
Problem is it’s no win for the player to report him. Clarke and Vale have pulled out the sympathy card over the death of his daughter as an excuse so if Conroy was to press charges he’d be seen as the bad guy and having a lack of compassion.

He’ll probably get to sit in the dugout at Wembley now as Vale have manipulated the EFL into a position where they won’t want to be seen as bad guys.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:09:07 »

Surely there has to be footage of that to press charges etc

Maybe in the replay video on the OS.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:09:24 »

But he shouldn't go unpunished even he if has been through a torrid time in his personal life.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:25:50 »

he got sent off. there must be at least EFL discipline as per rules
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:31:04 »

But he shouldn't go unpunished even he if has been through a torrid time in his personal life.

Agreed. As a manager or person in authority one should lead by example. I’d throw the book at the club, manager, players and fans for any ‘offence or transgression’ as simple as that. To often authority figures get off lightly for misdemeanours.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:31:32 »

he got sent off. there must be at least EFL discipline as per rules

Bringing the game in disrepute

So, give no fucks
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:54:15 »

So a manager can walk up to a player head butt him and it’s not a crime. Right….  In the heat of the moment on the pitch between players is one thing, a manager doing it though is assault the same as any fan doing it as he shouldn’t be anywhere near opposition players.

That isn't what I said though is it?

If Conroy was head butted, he is the victim of the crime, not you. Unless extenuating circumstances prevail such as murder or assaults where the victim is mentally incapacitated long term, or domestic violence where the victim is in fear of reprisal etc, then a prosecution requires the victim to report the crime for investigation.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 13:08:09 »

If Conroy was head butted, he is the victim of the crime, not you. Unless extenuating circumstances prevail such as murder or assaults where the victim is mentally incapacitated long term, or domestic violence where the victim is in fear of reprisal etc, then a prosecution requires the victim to report the crime for investigation.

If I see a crime being committed I can report it even if I’m not the victim.
And we all know (from the Caroline Flack case) that the Police could still press chargers even if the victim doesn’t want to (not sure if that only applies in domestic abuse or murder cases).

That said, we all know based on the Police performance at Vale Park they won’t do anything, but presumably would be duty bound to investigate if it was reported
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 13:19:37 »

You really are an ex copper aren’t you, it’s just a list of excuses why not. If there’s clear video evidence of a crime it shouldn’t require a victim to press charges.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: