Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73697 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:13:38 »

Concerning still no update on the away tickets.

I don't hold much hope of getting one. But if it's season tickets only, I'll happily drive people up to Stoke if someone could get me a ticket  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:14:15 »

Just as well we're planning to develop it isn't it. Putting a decent stand where the TE is alone should get us to 18k. That would do us For the time being.

Encouraging isn’t it regarding the potential of the Club. Next to fully maximise it.
That support at Walsall Saturday was a throwback to the “good old days.”
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:20:12 »

Honestly, never thought I'd see the day again with Town where getting less than 10k would be seen as a poor attendance but we are probably at that stage now

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:21:27 »

Concerning still no update on the away tickets.

Annoying.

With the system being less than optimal I'm not surprised they are trying to avoid an overlap.

Doesn't give much time to physically get them though.
pach_uk

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:57:49 »

Bloody typical. Dog sick overnight, so late getting kids to school, therefore late getting to work, so had to run into a meeting that had already started.  Then realised I had left my wallet in the car, by the time meeting finished, got my wallet....ticket sales had closed.  Gutted - have never missed a playoff game before (although I did have to sit in with Gillingham fans many years ago when we had a replay at Selhurst Park).  Fingers crossed there might be a few single seats available, I think I will have to sit hitting refresh on the ticketing website!
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 12:02:15 »

Bloody typical. Dog sick overnight, so late getting kids to school, therefore late getting to work, so had to run into a meeting that had already started.  Then realised I had left my wallet in the car, by the time meeting finished, got my wallet....ticket sales had closed.  Gutted - have never missed a playoff game before (although I did have to sit in with Gillingham fans many years ago when we had a replay at Selhurst Park).  Fingers crossed there might be a few single seats available, I think I will have to sit hitting refresh on the ticketing website!

I feel for those who didn't get a ticket, however I'm sure a few tickets will become available (if you're quick!).

Perhaps the club can quickly stick some seats where the netting is, in the Arkells away corner  Grin

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 12:23:54 »

Perhaps the club can quickly stick some seats where the netting is, in the Arkells away corner  Grin

In hindsight it would have been worth doing this for the Man City game.

The club should probably provide an update on socials, even if it isn't totally sold out and only singles left or whatever that update is. I'm sure there is someone blissfully unaware driving to the club now to try and a get a pair of tickets who will be pretty pissed off when they get there.

Mostly their own fault for not being quicker, but still.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 12:28:19 »

It is surprising.

In hindsight it would have been worth doing this for the Man City game.

The club should probably provide an update on socials, even if it isn't totally sold out and only singles left or whatever that update is. I'm sure there is someone blissfully unaware driving to the club now to try and a get a pair of tickets who will be pretty pissed off when they get there.

Mostly their own fault for not being quicker, but still.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 12:50:31 »

Annoying.

With the system being less than optimal I'm not surprised they are trying to avoid an overlap.

Doesn't give much time to physically get them though.

At least we're not having to queue from midnight as Vale fans had been doing.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 12:51:56 »

Still believe a few more could squeeze in the DR.
My ST seats (3) always get moved when TV cameras are in place, due to the gantry.
Always revert back to the seats that are not distributed to general sale as view is not restricted and perfect.
Options to sell tickets with “restricted view” would still be taken up by the looks of this demand.

For the record I responded back to the club by email.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 12:58:07 »

At least we're not having to queue from midnight as Vale fans had been doing.

They’ve only been selling tickets in person haven’t they? Fuck that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 13:02:05 »

I feel for those who didn't get a ticket, however I'm sure a few tickets will become available (if you're quick!).

I suspect that upping capacity by even a few seats would lead to all manner of ball ache paperwork issues.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 13:06:33 »

I suspect that upping capacity by even a few seats would lead to all manner of ball ache paperwork issues.

That's a fair point.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 13:22:14 »

I’m sure the club said at the time of the Man City game that they got more for the sponsorship banner over the gap then they would have made selling tickets and that they couldn’t actually get hold of any more seats (I struggle to believe that). Personally I would prefer they prioritise fans over a few Łk from sponsors where possible so hopefully they will look at that.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 13:23:02 »

They’ve only been selling tickets in person haven’t they? Fuck that.

It does seem crazy for home tickets in this day and age. For playoff away tickets I have always had to queue up outside. A piece of me is prepared to do the same again- im not sure how they can do it with more season tickets than away tickets.
Im at a wedding this weekend and missing the home match- 1st time iv missed a playoff game.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: