Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73174 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 09:44:04 »

Judging by the Man City game home allocation with the corner of the Arkells is circa 12,500 for a TV game. Should still be a lot to shift, but getting the stand you want is probably going to be a struggle if you're not super quick tomorrow morning.

Is general sale not starting from 18:00 this evening?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 09:44:35 »

Yep, that was me. It was this game wasn't it. http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19830124

3-0 sounds about right when they had Neville Southall in goal and Jimmy Greenhoff up front. Miserable afternoon.
I was at that game too but managed to avoid any trouble, as DOB says they used to like to cause problems in the past especially through the late 70s and early 80s even through there were never that many of them they liked to cause trouble.

I have been to Vale Park 8 times the last time was 2007 I think, nice easy ground to visit and park at too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 09:47:21 »

90% of this queue will be people having to do it in person because the online system doesn't work properly. You wouldn't imagine it would be so hard for a system ran by Ticketmaster.

Can be excused for this season given when Clem took over Power had ran off with the admin username and password and nobody could even access it for a few days, but it really needs sorting for future seasons.

and if its in anyway Ticketmasters fault then I'm sure there are plenty of other portals with ready made systems that would love to have us.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 09:49:49 »

Not that it's any consolation at all to anyone on here, but I've read online that both Mansfield and Northampton fans also have suffered problems with their online ticketing this season so it's not just us struggling! In fact Mansfield's tickets went on sale to general sale today but their website has gone down!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 09:51:57 »

Is general sale not starting from 18:00 this evening?

The timings didn't really make sense. It said the priority ends at 6pm tonight, but then general sale doesn't start until tomorrow. So it doesn't explain who can buy in the interim.

I'm thankfully sorted now but I'd probably advise people to check online at 6 this evening and then if not, midnight. There may be some seriously pissed off people tomorrow morning if stands are old out because it wasn't communicated properly.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 09:57:27 »

Not that it's any consolation at all to anyone on here, but I've read online that both Mansfield and Northampton fans also have suffered problems with their online ticketing this season so it's not just us struggling! In fact Mansfield's tickets went on sale to general sale today but their website has gone down!

Clash of the Titans
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 10:05:38 »

Clash of the Titans

More like Clash of the Shiteans.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 10:09:59 »

Looks like neither are ticketmaster either. Northamptons system doesn't seem bad, but can't see the exact seat as well as the way its set up for ours on ticketmaster.

Mansfield just completely crashed when you select buy tickets. So looks significantly worse. Although ours haven't gone on general sale yet, so maybe not wise to put that much faith in it yet.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 10:24:55 »

Step by step guide now on the Offical site for matching/linking tickets
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 10:32:40 »

Quote from: 4D
Step by step guide now on the Offical site for matching/linking tickets

only if everything is set up ok..

no good for multi accounts with same emails
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 10:44:50 »

The timings didn't really make sense. It said the priority ends at 6pm tonight, but then general sale doesn't start until tomorrow. So it doesn't explain who can buy in the interim.

I wondered if sales might be put on hold while reserved but unpurchased seats are released/unreserved ahead of general sale. Or some such admin.

I think talk of a scramble for general sale tickets might be a bit exaggerated. 5000 sold so far, perhaps 8000 by the end of the day. That still leaves 4500 tickets available for general sale. Maybe there'll be an initial rush but I don't think it'll be too hard to get one.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 10:52:05 by reeves4england » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 10:47:43 »

Just got mine,  straight in,  no problems at all,  whole thing probably took less than two minutes.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 11:20:21 »

I'm thankfully sorted now but I'd probably advise people to check online at 6 this evening and then if not, midnight. There may be some seriously pissed off people tomorrow morning if stands are old out because it wasn't communicated properly.

General sale starts online at 10am on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/STFC_Ticket/status/1524349087906254849
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 11:28:19 »

General sale starts online at 10am on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/STFC_Ticket/status/1524349087906254849

I don't get why the priority ends at 6pm tonight then, unless that is just when the ticket office closes and you can still buy priority online. would be a needless dead 16 hours of no sales otherwise?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 11:30:03 »

I don't get why the priority ends at 6pm tonight then, unless that is just when the ticket office closes and you can still buy priority online. would be a needless dead 16 hours of no sales otherwise?

Time to release reserved tickets to general sale for ones reserved to season ticket holders?

Can't imagine we won't sell out so the 'dead time' won't be an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: