Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73190 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 06:53:01 »

Lucky when? When we lost at home or when we won away?

Anyway, I quite like Vale as a club. Been through the wringer with wrong ‘un owner - not the same league as Power.

If we weren’t in the POs ourselves, I’d want Vale to go through.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 06:55:30 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:06:01 »

They just have that cunt Robbie Williams as a supporter.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:13:39 »

Even if they give us that whole big away end that still isn't as many tickets as we have season ticket holders I don't think. But no way every season ticket holder buys a ticket so you should be more than fine.

On the basis that we have given them 10x the number they brought to us in the league game here, I’m sure they will reciprocate and do look forward to our 7000 allocation Wink
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:42:48 »

Anyway, I quite like Vale as a club. Been through the wringer with wrong ‘un owner - not the same league as Power.

I agree with that, I love a trip to the Wembley of the North.  Just hope I can get a ticket.

They just have that cunt Robbie Williams as a supporter.

Forget Williams, Lemmy is from Burslem. Now that's music pedigree.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:46:37 »

Lucky when? When we lost at home or when we won away?

They should’ve had a player sent off in the home game and he got a retrospective ban- had this happened the result would have been different
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:23:40 »

Football doesn’t work like that
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:13:01 »

Big queues at the CG already….
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:19:50 »

I think there are 4 or 5 players that were first choice in the home game that are still first choice now!

it's simply a lottery, anyone can beat anyone on the day. I wouldn't be suprised to see 3-0 either way

that said, I'd rather hit the playoffs running then stumble into them.

must be the first time in a while that a home 2-1/3-1 loss wouldn't feel like it's over
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:22:13 »

I think there are 4 or 5 players that were first choice in the home game that are still first choice now!

it's simply a lottery, anyone can beat anyone on the day. I wouldn't be suprised to see 3-0 either way

that said, I'd rather hit the playoffs running then stumble into them.

must be the first time in a while that a home 2-1/3-1 loss wouldn't feel like it's over
Absolutely, with our away form I would be confident that even if we lost by 2 goals at home that we could overturn that in the away leg.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:29:55 »

Football is a funny thing.

Who would have thought after losing KKH and Hunt that we’d unearth Egbo and be better off for it. Not many.

Who would have thought a returning Frenchie would kickstart Conroy’s form and actually make us look more solid at the back. Not many.

Who would have thought a returning McKirdy would fire us to winning 4 on the trot and making the POs - everyone!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:35:30 »

I can remember some moaning about McKirdy before we played Bristol Rovers away😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:45:30 »

This season so far has equalled out league record for away wins and just passed the (normal season) record for away goals scored but we could equal that overall total with 3 more goals and surpass the number of wins with 1 more away win.

1995-96 13w 7d 34f 18a
2021-22 13w 4d 42f 29a
1985-86 12w 4d 30f 24a
1986-87 11w 7d 40f 28a (13w 7d 45f 31a including Play Off games)

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:45:32 »

I can remember some moaning about McKirdy before we played Bristol Rovers away😀

Mostly about his needless bookings and constant whinging. Not so much his talent?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:46:39 »

Mostly about his needless bookings and constant whinging. Not so much his talent?
I don't think his talent has ever been in any doubt just his application of it and petulance at times.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:51:49 »

Football is a funny thing.

Who would have thought after losing KKH and Hunt that we’d unearth Egbo and be better off for it. Not many.

Who would have thought a returning Frenchie would kickstart Conroy’s form and actually make us look more solid at the back. Not many.

Who would have thought a returning McKirdy would fire us to winning 4 on the trot and making the POs - everyone!

Conroy and Frenchy simply communicate.
Both continually organising and talking to each other. Frenchy has been a revelation and both have a great understanding.
Conroy just needs to cut out the once a game risky pass.

However for a player to get so much shit he never goes missing and to want the ball at his feet from the keeper time and time again shows his character.
Gives Reed the freedom to roam and they both are the best passers of the ball at the club by a mile.
Can only hope the Board show some ambition and keep the core of the team, or at least show the desire and commitment to do so.

Strong comments heard that more debt has been uncovered. Sorry doesn’t wash with me.
Still remain sceptical.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: