Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barrow pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33289 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Thursday, May 5, 2022, 14:11:12 »

It’s been said for years that they’ve fallen into a state of disrepair, but just how bad can a wall to piss against get?
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Thursday, May 5, 2022, 14:16:50 »

Meant to ask, did any of you Stratton Bankers use the bogs? What were they like these days?

Didn’t find them remotely bothersome. I needed a piss. There was a wall to do it against, with a roof over the top. Perfect
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Thursday, May 5, 2022, 14:43:22 »

Its hardly ideal but honestly the view from the bank is so superior to The Town End its unreal. With a roof and sorting the facilities, I'd like to keep it as a home end, especially when that end is demolished.

The portaloos didn't bother me, but what did was only having one of the serving huts open meaning there was a queue wrapping around the back of the bank for most of the game. Ran out of all drinks and most food before even half time as well. Club could have made a lot more on that.

Other than the actual condemned toilets at the back, it's the Don Rogers side that is a real mess, but gotta be some good potential to use that space around there.

https://truststfc.tv/stratton-bank/

Can't see the pitch from there, so would hope for a bar serving alcohol.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Thursday, May 5, 2022, 14:49:10 »

Reading that link, its actually the bogs round that end? I remember going down the steps to the back when I was a kid to urinals though.

There looks to be a reasonable amount of space both at the back and The Don Rogers side for new facilities though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Thursday, May 5, 2022, 15:58:15 »

Its hardly ideal but honestly the view from the bank is so superior to The Town End its unreal. With a roof and sorting the facilities, I'd like to keep it as a home end, especially when that end is demolished.

The portaloos didn't bother me, but what did was only having one of the serving huts open meaning there was a queue wrapping around the back of the bank for most of the game. Ran out of all drinks and most food before even half time as well. Club could have made a lot more on that.

Other than the actual condemned toilets at the back, it's the Don Rogers side that is a real mess, but gotta be some good potential to use that space around there.

https://truststfc.tv/stratton-bank/

Can't see the pitch from there, so would hope for a bar serving alcohol.

Thing is if there was existing toilets there, most importantly there is obviously drains and water there (plus with the scoreboard there is obviously power (not Lee!)), TBH the rest is comparatively cheap to sort for at least a short term season or two.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Thursday, May 5, 2022, 16:58:29 »

Thing is if there was existing toilets there, most importantly there is obviously drains and water there (plus with the scoreboard there is obviously power (not Lee!)), TBH the rest is comparatively cheap to sort for at least a short term season or two.

If only we knew a good plumber.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: