Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barrow pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33476 times)
stfcben

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 08:36:16 »

Didn't McMahon reduce the width of the pitch in the mid 90s because it gave teams too much space?

We were chatting with a guy from hospitality yesterday who told us Phil Brown had the pitch narrowed whilst he was here.

Next season we’re adding a meter either side.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 08:56:06 »

A special mention to the roll of honour call yesterday, as always a moving experience.

RIP for our lost Swindon fans over this season and year.
🙏
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 10:03:25 »

A special mention to the roll of honour call yesterday, as always a moving experience.

RIP for our lost Swindon fans over this season and year.
🙏

It’s a great thing the club do, just a shame that in the DRS you can’t make out the names
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 11:29:56 »

It’s a great thing the club do, just a shame that in the DRS you can’t make out the names

Getting fixed in the summer break for next season.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 11:57:36 »

Duke, I think you said you was in hospitality yesterday, was it yourselves holding up the Swindon flag at the end?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 12:02:45 »

Duke, I think you said you was in hospitality yesterday, was it yourselves holding up the Swindon flag at the end?

Yes Mate,  couldn’t help myself 😂
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 12:19:59 »

Getting fixed in the summer break for next season.

Will that include Stratton Bank as absolutely no PA system working there, which I would have thought would contravene Health & Safety rules etc
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 12:21:59 »

Will that include Stratton Bank as absolutely no PA system working there, which I would have thought would contravene Health & Safety rules etc

That’s a good point. I will ask for it to be raised in the advisory board meeting

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 12:26:26 »

That’s a good point. I will ask for it to be raised in the advisory board meeting

Something I noticed yesterday during the roll call and infact any message broadcast whilst I was stood on the DRS side of the bank.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 13:16:45 »

I think they need to replace the PA in the DRS apparently it has been assessed. Needs sorting for next season though as probably contravenes health and safety rules as we cannot hear any announcements in the DRS
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 15:06:30 »

Haven’t had a tannoy system you can understand in the Town End for yonks,  sounds like the whole system needs a good overhaul.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 15:45:53 »

Yes Mate,  couldn’t help myself 😂

Nice one mate, looked class from the DR
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 17:47:11 »

Haven’t had a tannoy system you can understand in the Town End for yonks,  sounds like the whole system needs a good overhaul.

From Tesco car park it was loud and clear!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 18:05:35 »

From Tesco car park it was loud and clear!

Did you park there😀

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 18:32:33 »

Used to sit in the DRS throughout the 00s and would walk up from Covingham/Nythe.
Could hear it clear as day down the cycle path along the back of it. In my seat - couldn’t work out what was being said…
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: