Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monkey Hangers 🐒 v Town preview/matchday thread  (Read 20008 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 21:09:15 »

Big question here.. What do you think could be done to create a better atmosphere?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 21:16:41 »

Big question here.. What do you think could be done to create a better atmosphere?
Would be good to get those who have drifted off to the side stands back in the townend and a bit more of a concerted effort from those in the townend to start and maintain singing. The townend bar may help with that.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 21:17:34 »

I hope this isn’t a thinly veiled attempt to get the drum back…
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #333 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 21:23:15 »

Better music from 2.45 and better walk out music. Get a song going on kick off that we can all sing along too . Most of the loudest grounds you will visit will have a song... Sheffield Utd Leeds Norwich Liverpool etc
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 06:46:18 »

Get some consistency into the home results, it feels like we are waiting for it to go wrong

Having an atmosphere build before the match would help, but I don't think it carries too far into a shit game (my opinion).

Should us fans need either. Probably not. But we do
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 07:18:57 »

Get some consistency into the home results, it feels like we are waiting for it to go wrong

Having an atmosphere build before the match would help, but I don't think it carries too far into a shit game (my opinion).

Should us fans need either. Probably not. But we do

This. Also, waiting for the ref to give the inevitable shit decision. Any noise is usually in the form of anger  Smiley

I don't sing all the way through the match as I'm an old fart, but I do sing at some point each game.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 07:39:43 »

First thing we need to do as fans is collectively get out of the ‘just happy to be here & still have a club mentality. That just breeds acceptance and lethargy.

Our atmospheres usually ramp under two circumstances. The club is being run into the ground but some knob we all unite in our hate for….or….when we get our swagger on and add a bit of arrogance. Under Di Canio the club created this whole us and then mentality. Other teams wanted to beat us, abusing Di Canio was a badge of honour for the opposition fans but we didn’t care, we were going to win the league anyway…and we did. We need that slight but not over the top arrogance, we need to be a division heavyweight. We need to be challenging.

Also, exciting players help. Like I remember back in the day when Mark Walters got the ball, there was always this anticipation in the crowd that he’d ‘do something’ he was great player (still) when he got here but he always made things happen.

Game has changed a lot and those players seem less and less. Obviously we have McKirdy but quite frankly when he’s not on the ball (or not playing) none of the other players give off that ‘buzz’ like they’re going to make something happen. Part modern football in general, part quality of players, part tactics….

…ultimately just give us a few Mavericks, 100% effort and a burning desire to win football matches.

Outside of that a designated singing/atmosphere section wouldn’t go amiss
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 08:00:16 »

Winning 15 of our last 44 league home games I'm sure hasn't helped the atmosphere.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #338 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 08:01:40 »

I think we would struggle to generate an atmosphere while playing possession football. Creating chances and putting teams under pressure is what gets the crowd going imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 08:03:16 »

Winning 15 of our last 44 league home games I'm sure hasn't helped the atmosphere.

+ And somehow the break for lockdown too. Not sure why.

I guess other clubs have better home atmosphere, so we as a fan base need to think about that, but ashamedly I've only been to Rovers, Walsall and Horrogate away this season. None of those did.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 08:11:42 »

I think we would struggle to generate an atmosphere while playing possession football. Creating chances and putting teams under pressure is what gets the crowd going imo.

Good point.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 08:29:13 »

Don't see why music before the game would make any difference as many don't leave the pub till after 2.45, plus the tanoys are either broke or poor quality.   Hartlepool had the sound right up but it was so ear piercingly high pitch that you just wanted it to stop.

I also think the crowd is up for it but just gets bored and a bit lethargic if there is no action for 10-15 mins.

You could employ a few people to start chants in the Townend, to try to keep things going.

Other than that it is about winning and the odd early goal or 2.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 08:31:45 »

I would love to know how Franchise have done so well this season playing at home in front of their soulless fans.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 09:02:20 »

I would love to know how Franchise have done so well this season playing at home in front of their soulless fans.

…by winning games
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 09:03:55 »

By possession football.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: