Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monkey Hangers 🐒 v Town preview/matchday thread  (Read 20012 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 20:50:26 »

FT 3-0

Solid win and a decent performance, Payne probably my MotM. Some good performers, Williams, Frenchy, Ward and McKirdy.

Great to keep a clean sheet too.

Its the hope that kills you.

Baudry for me.
Him and Conroy just communicate well. No disrespect to JOB but he is very quiet.

Payne second half back to his very best, superb link up play with Williams.
McKirdy makes some cracking runs with Reed and Conroy having the vision to find him. Have we missed him. Divison and their No 5 (who had a cracking game) were having a right battle all game, no malice just a decent physical battle.
Ward made a decent save first half and they nearly scored from a misguided header.

If only Barry’s shot went in instead of hitting the post we would have been out of sight earlier.

Parsons needs loan time, not ready. Hoping Egbo’s injury is not bad.
Was good to see players being taken off and rested when we were cruising.

A thoroughly enjoyable and professional display. Particularly second half where we were sublime at times.
My youngest got Baudry’s shirt at the end of the game. Met up with Jonny Williams Dad as see him virtually at every game, real Gentleman.
Understand Clem was at the game? Zav definitely was.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 21:08:01 »

My youngest got Baudry’s shirt at the end of the game. Met up with Jonny Williams Dad as see him virtually at every game, real Gentleman.

Nice when players do that, although I bet it drives the kitmen mad as they don't have many shirts this season. I haven't been able to get my hands on many either :-)

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 21:50:41 »

Fair play to Mckirdy for calling out the Town’s crap home support. Only noise they make is when they’re moaning.

Performances lift fans like fans lift players. Think the players need to understand that before commenting. Did he think the Man City game atmosphere was poor too?
1 win in 3 at home is not likely to create a positive home atmosphere.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 21:55:11 by 4D » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 22:01:24 »

Nice when players do that, although I bet it drives the kitmen mad as they don't have many shirts this season. I haven't been able to get my hands on many either :-)

Played in the black kit today therefore the last time it will be needed.
The players were giving the out.
I guess the yellow kit decision will be made after Walsall.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 22:04:09 »

Performances lift fans like fans lift players. Think the players need to understand that before commenting. Did he think the Man City game atmosphere was poor too?

We are a very fickle fan base.
Our away support always has been quality. Our home vocal support is shite.
Late 70’s and early 80’s up there with the best.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 22:25:56 »

We are a very fickle fan base.
Our away support always has been quality. Our home vocal support is shite.
Late 70’s and early 80’s up there with the best.

It was decent under Di Canio and for a period under Wellens. If you engage the fans they will respond, any fanbase would struggle to get involved when 90% of home games are spent passing the ball along our backline.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 22:31:58 »

It was decent under Di Canio and for a period under Wellens. If you engage the fans they will respond, any fanbase would struggle to get involved when 90% of home games are spent passing the ball along our backline.

Nowhere near the late 70’s and early 80’s.
It’s been shite for years now unfortunately.
Agree with you though it helps with a spark on the field. Seats didn’t help either.
Our home performances this season apart from a few have been poor.

A new designed TE can live in hope again.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 23:02:12 »

Baudry for me.
Him and Conroy just communicate well. No disrespect to JOB but he is very quiet.

Payne second half back to his very best, superb link up play with Williams.
McKirdy makes some cracking runs with Reed and Conroy having the vision to find him. Have we missed him. Divison and their No 5 (who had a cracking game) were having a right battle all game, no malice just a decent physical battle.
Ward made a decent save first half and they nearly scored from a misguided header.

If only Barry’s shot went in instead of hitting the post we would have been out of sight earlier.

Parsons needs loan time, not ready. Hoping Egbo’s injury is not bad.
Was good to see players being taken off and rested when we were cruising.

A thoroughly enjoyable and professional display. Particularly second half where we were sublime at times.

We saw Clem's car being turned around by a steward outside the ground shortly after 2pm.  Club ownership not always glamorous.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 03:32:04 »

* 6F8FC12C-3E1C-4298-9F59-6FCC92BFA845.jpeg (376.92 KB, 1088x1451 - viewed 215 times.)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #309 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 06:58:41 »

That's kind of the point, we didn't even have the ball v City and played the football fans hate costing us goals, the atmosphere was great. I totally get what fans are saying but you have players openly asking us to get behind them Tuesday as we have a sniff of a chance.

Our support has always been like it though, everyone harps on about Wellens and how his style of football was great yet even he had to call out the fans on occassions
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 07:05:20 »

Free, pre-match alcohol is the answer.

Simples!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 07:34:50 »

We saw Clem's car being turned around by a steward outside the ground shortly after 2pm.  Club ownership not always glamorous.

Hope the boys enjoyed the game.
I was told that Clem had flown in early that Morning.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 07:53:34 »

I feel like 'the team must play in an exciting way all the time in order to gain my support' is an incredibly entitled view. Whatever happened to supporting your team for the sake of it?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 07:58:04 »

I feel like 'the team must play in an exciting way all the time in order to gain my support' is an incredibly entitled view. Whatever happened to supporting your team for the sake of it?

It's bargain basement football.  I suspect that most (less vocal) supporters acknowledge that and tailor their expectations accordingly.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 08:20:12 »

I think I've heard the Arkells stand sing once in 33 years (Leeds 3-0), the DRS - occasionally a few in the TE corner.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: