Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monkey Hangers 🐒 v Town preview/matchday thread  (Read 20558 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 16:41:28 »

Another season in div 3 - if only...

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 16:45:56 »

He said that there are some times where we can show leniency but there are others that we won't accept. Idem was late for a team meeting. The others were waiting for him. If effected them so Idem was removed from the team sheet. When it impacts the rest of the team Garner said he wont stand for it.

FWIW: I don't think he's a 'cunt' for that. I would have done the same. Its about respect. But, I don't 100% believe that Wollacott was injured.

Yeah I don't disagree with discipline. Just wish he showed that kind of strength of discipline to the senior pros/throughout the squad. Otherwise it does breed a "favouritism culture" and senior employees will walk all over that. Anyone can look like a hard task master in any workplace to a trainee/new starter but real strength and good management is when you treat all consistently the same at the minimum.

Yep, I don't think the JoJo thing is fully true. When you compare with someone like McGirty only trained the once all week. I reckon JoJo told Garner I'm off pal but reckon he could easily have been on the bench. That becomes a combo of annoyances when Idem arrives late and the steam from Garner's ears gets blown onto him. It's still silly to drop him completely. Could have hugely backfired. Then instead of being a cunt - he would've looked a right one  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 16:49:13 »

Another season in div 3 - if only...

Imagine Town get in the POs, get to the final and win...

The EFL  then announce they're docking Town 10pts, handing the Play Off win to...

Oh god not Wovers!  Cheesy

#Imagine

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 17:06:00 »

I don't think we will have to worry about Wembley - Can't see us getting there. Very surprised if we win our last 3. Can see a maximum of a point on Tuesday followed by a loss against Barrow and a lottery against Walsall.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 17:14:15 »

I don't think we will have to worry about Wembley - Can't see us getting there. Very surprised if we win our last 3. Can see a maximum of a point on Tuesday followed by a loss against Barrow and a lottery against Walsall.
Agreed 100%
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 17:35:06 »

Just polished off a curry with starter plus the usual accoutrements for less than £18.
All served by the Indian version of Zendaya.
Maybe it's the South that needs levelling up.
And got back to the hotel without being shat on by the gulls.

Anyway, a very decent performance with everyone pretty much on their game, but that's been par for the course overall away from home.
The problems have lain elsewhere.

Pleased for Baudry to net what might be his last goal in pro football & the McKirdy type celebration afterwards.

Parsons getting the nod over JML off the bench recently might be an indication of where the focus on development lies.

Nice touch for the team to dish out their shirts to the fans at the end.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 17:56:42 »

Anybody you know😀

* IMG_4175.JPG (186.65 KB, 720x960 - viewed 269 times.)

So, give no fucks
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 18:10:09 »

Still on !.  I reckon we will win our next two games and it will all come down to the last game of the season.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 18:13:25 »

Love the pass and movement

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12597276/hartlepool-0-3-swindon-league-two-highlights

So, give no fucks
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 18:29:08 »

Same again on Tuesday night
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 18:36:48 »

Imagine Town get in the POs, get to the final and win...

The EFL  then announce they're docking Town 10pts, handing the Play Off win to...

Oh god not Wovers!  Cheesy

#Imagine

It won’t work out that way Wink

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 18:52:30 »

Fair play to Mckirdy for calling out the Town’s crap home support. Only noise they make is when they’re moaning.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 19:35:27 »

Fair play to Mckirdy for calling out the Town’s crap home support. Only noise they make is when they’re moaning.
What did he say?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 20:02:44 »

Or on the flip side the 2 better home atmosphere’s were against Northampton and Walsall where due to the absence of our ‘ball players’ in the back line we were forced to play with more intensity and go more direct and the results followed. Watching the ball going from centre back to centre for 70 minutes of a home match just doesn’t allow fans to engage. If there is intensity on the pitch or something to get behind then the fans will respond!

It needs to be remembered a lot of fans at home games don’t go to away matches so all they’ve seen this season is utter tripe for the most part so probably quite hard for them to get behind based on what they’ve witnessed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, April 23, 2022, 20:09:07 »

Fair play to the fans for calling out the Town’s crap home performances. Only noise they make is when they’re passing the ball sideways.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: