Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22211 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:11:35 »

Oh, well ... a painful end to a season that offered some excitement.

In reality, it appears highly likely that STFC would have struggled in div 3 anyway.

Next season will, I suspect, be seen as a real litmus test by those who celebrated getting their club back.  

Next season will, I suspect, be seen as a real litmus test by those who celebrated getting their club back.  

Are you in that camp?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:14:50 »

Hypothetical question but would wellens have got more out of this squad of players🤔

100%.
26th minutes I’m sure he would have changed something.
Garner frustrates me massively.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:15:01 »

As mentioned above, Wrexham's funding is probably on another level.  Success is not certain but Hollywood based backing probably helps a lot.

Success is not certain but Hollywood based backing probably helps a lot.

I agree that success is not certain, Christ on a bike we have all seen over the decades ‘nailed on success’ not materialising when it was expected. However, ‘Hollywood backing probably helps a lot’… for those who are scratched their heads and I’m one, how does that look?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:16:49 »

Absolutely awful today. So many of this squad are just not good enough,if you look at the team that finished today a top 10 finish actually some bloody achievement.

Anyone who knows me will know i do not scapegoat players but Jesus christ how bad were OBrien and Wollocott and don't get me started on Conroy. Can't wait for a huge clearout this summer

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that O’Brien seems half the player he was playing alongside Conroy than when he had Cooper alongside him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:16:53 »

it's not rocket science, more money gives you more options and therefore more chance of promotion.

but it isn't guaranteed
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:16:59 »

I will give Rob Angus his due, he went and got my son Ketchup when my Mum sent him off to do so.  However, this summer he needs to earn his CEO salary.  Sit down with Garner and lay out the expectations for next season in no uncertain terms.  Let him know he will have a top 7 budget for wages because you are budgeting on 10k crowds being sustained, but to do that, Garner is immediately on the hook to serve up a top 7 performing team to sustain those crowds.  There is now way we should be hamstrung like we were this season given the assurity the crowds should now have delivered.  Yes, debts need sorting, but a guy came in and told everyone he was going to sort those if he got the club.  He has had his way and must be bringing in far more income than had been planned for in 2021/22.

Don’t be so sure we are going to have a decent budget next season.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:21:29 »

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that O’Brien seems half the player he was playing alongside Conroy than when he had Cooper alongside him.

Should not have changed the side from Friday.
Baudry desperate to start today.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #412 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:22:11 »

Don’t be so sure we are going to have a decent budget next season.
Why do you keep saying this? It will be healthier than this season. Don't just assume it will not be that good because certain players are not being offered deals this summer
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:41:04 »

We seem to have a number of players that swap between being  very good and fucking awful from match to match.

Consistency is the key. But when you have players unable to play for 90 minutes or even consecutive games for some unknown reason it makes it difficult to obtain.

We manage lurch from sublime to shitfest with little discernible reason.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 18:50:20 »

Why do you keep saying this? It will be healthier than this season. Don't just assume it will not be that good because certain players are not being offered deals this summer

Really?
I’ve heard further cuts.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:07:53 »

Really?
I’ve heard further cuts.
The ground purchase could take up a big chunk of any playing budget if Clem has to put in the full £2.4M if the Eady money doesn't come through before they complete the purchase.

The wage bill next year will see some of the Power era players drop off e.g. Baudry, Lyden and maybe Payne above the £1200 pw figure but evened up by better terms to McKirdy, Ward, Wollacott etc.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:10:45 »

I’m not convinced that the players bought in this season are only on “£1200 per week”. That’s a base figure, I’m sure bonuses will up that.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:12:50 »

The ground purchase could take up a big chunk of any playing budget if Clem has to put in the full £2.4M if the Eady money doesn't come through before they complete the purchase.

The wage bill next year will see some of the Power era players drop off e.g. Baudry, Lyden and maybe Payne above the £1200 pw figure but evened up by better terms to McKirdy, Ward, Wollacott etc.

The club was purchased for peanuts.
The crowds have smashed the breakeven figures. Let’s see if the off field and on field budget cuts materialise?
Just hope I am wrong but we still have some off field challenges.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:14:19 »

Payne is on more than that as his contract was signed before the embargo.

It was reported he was on £5k, albeit Lincoln were still paying half of that.
Can’t imagine we are going to pay him that sort of figure
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:18:32 »

Payne is on more than that as his contract was signed before the embargo.

It was reported he was on £5k, albeit Lincoln were still paying half of that.
Can’t imagine we are going to pay him that sort of figure

Lots of stuff about wages and budgets gets ‘reported’ most of it bollocks though.

Whatever we are paying Payne - it’s probably been too much this season anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: