Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22377 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:05:38 »

Yeah but Ozzie introduced the sexy football😀

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:09:10 »

Quote from: Jimmy QuitMoaning
No meltdown Garner reckons we will definitely make the play offs if we win our last four games😀

he's probably correct.
---
while we are talking ex bosses, one is 4 points from safety with 3 to go: Salford, Tranmere, Crawley
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:15:26 »

Oh, well ... a painful end to a season that offered some excitement.

In reality, it appears highly likely that STFC would have struggled in div 3 anyway.

Next season will, I suspect, be seen as a real litmus test by those who celebrated getting their club back.  

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:16:07 »

he's probably correct.
---
while we are talking ex bosses, one is 4 points from safety with 3 to go: Salford, Tranmere, Crawley

Looks like Oldham are doomed and will be interesting to see if he stays next season.

So, give no fucks
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:16:12 »

We would make the play offs if we won our last four. But we’re not going too

League two footballers are fundamentally not good enough to be regularly successful playing the way garner wants to play - if they were, they would be at a higher level.

It will work occasionally, either when it clicks or when the opposition are open (and you have greater margin for error in attack), but I don’t believe it can work well enough or long enough to achieve much real success

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:17:27 »

Oh, well ... a painful end to a season that offered some excitement.

In reality, it appears highly likely that STFC would have struggled in div 3 anyway.

Next season will, I suspect, be seen as a real litmus test by those who celebrated getting their club back.  

I totally agree it would have been a massive struggle in league one next season. Mind you league 2 is going to be a tough league.

Today's attendances if anyone is interested
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021000418

So, give no fucks
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:20:46 »

Last moan sorry. When you play that high line when defending free kicks (which smacks of lack of confidence and desperation in the ability to defend if you ask me), you need everyone on the same page- we seem so far away from everyone being on the same page-including giving away needless free kicks in the first place!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:21:30 »

Just a word on the ref.  Im always one to hammer them but I thought he had a good game considering.  Seemed to get everyone involved in the handbags and didn't let them get away with too much time wasting which they naturally did.

I remember him being good in the last game he reffed at the CG.

Of course he is a good Wiltshire lad, ex chippenham striker so Im predisposed to think he's allright.

Never knowingly overstated.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:21:43 »

We would make the play offs if we won our last four. But we’re not going too

League two footballers are fundamentally not good enough to be regularly successful playing the way garner wants to play - if they were, they would be at a higher level.

It will work occasionally, either when it clicks or when the opposition are open (and you have greater margin for error in attack), but I don’t believe it can work well enough or long enough to achieve much real success

Can’t argue with that
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:22:05 »

not sure you can make any prediction in that. we have so few players signed up a rebuild was always likely.

this squad isn't good enough, fair enough.

indeed it will.

were there those that didn't celebrate getting their club back 🤔
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:23:23 »

Mind you league 2 is going to be a tough league.

Yes as Stockport and Wrexham will presumably take up 1st and 2nd (assuming, of course, they both go up)

Nothing to see here
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:24:26 »

Please note my uses of the word "if" once with capital influence and currently this club does not have the finances to compete in L1, there's no difficulty in establishing that - simply because they don't have the finances to compete at the important end of a very shit L2.

Yet crowds have done their part and stull turned out to that fucking shite! Also been guilt tripped into deferring ST payments (the club hardly fucking acknowledged the impact of the pandemic upon the customer just how much it was hitting them). Its been a season of spin. I'll give the clib that, they've been good at that. Not sure everyone will want to be continually mugged of though, season upon season.

Like I said, there are more questions than answers. I might hit the more extreme end of issues but consider that within that, there is some that just saying it how it is and not ignoring the elephant in the room.

Davison could score 20 but if it doesn't result in promotion then no cunt will remember it "oh remember the 21/22 season when that loan kid scored 10 goals and we didn't get promoted?" get to fuck man lolz!

Steve Hale can buggar off defending the 10 men theory too. If they can't beat a 10 man team that has fuck all to play for then they don't deserve promotion.

Garner fuck off too with his usual bollocks post-match "should've had a penalty that makes it 2-2" the guy talks in fucking hypotheticals rather than focussing on what actually happened. He's an academy coach. A good academy coach but he's no manager. Oh and for about the 42nd time this season. Conroy is not a captain unless your goal is purely to stay in L2 and nothing else.

At least McGirty is back from his annual leave in West London so there are some personal positives.

STFC as it stands is becoming a sterile development club. Welcome to modern pro football.

I bet Hodgetts is creaming his undercrackers tonight. Straight on the blower to Lucerne Lee no doubt. Is he like a Rovers fan or something?! He appears to revel in announcing when Town have lost yet when they win he's quick to move onto the next news item like what's going on in the wider world of sport. It's a weird one for local radio. I get BBC "impartially" but the contrast from himself and Hawes is glaring.

Thats general frustration, and I get it (and agree, it’s been an incredibly frustrating last 3-4 months). But your original point was that we did not want to go up. That’s just not right. None of our signings support that theory. You also suggested Angus was there to push marketing spin. If ever we’ve had a person in a leadership position that we know will work as hard as any fan to put the club where it needs to be, it’s him - so your frustration really is directed the wrong way.  
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:25:38 »

Just a word on the ref.  Im always one to hammer them but I thought he had a good game considering.  Seemed to get everyone involved in the handbags and didn't let them get away with too much time wasting which they naturally did.

Of course he is a good Wiltshire lad, ex chippenham striker so Im predisposed to think he's allright.

Are you pissed?? He was a fucking shambles taking 10 minutes to issue 3 yellow cards. Refs nowadays don’t let teams take free kicks quickly which would help our pedestrian approach. Was expecting him to look to even it up after their red card but he wasn’t given the opportunity mainly due to the lack of fighting spirit.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:28:37 »

Yes as Stockport and Wrexham will presumably take up 1st and 2nd (assuming, of course, they both go up)

Based on what?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:29:29 »

Just a word on the ref.  Im always one to hammer them but I thought he had a good game considering.  Seemed to get everyone involved in the handbags and didn't let them get away with too much time wasting which they naturally did.

Loved the way he practically frogmarched their player off when he was subbed 🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: