Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22212 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:25:36 »

Absolute wank. Had a guy tell me to get my boots on after we conceded our 2nd goal. We can’t defend a set piece which is a basic requirement of a league 2 football team. Can try all you like to take the positives out of this season lucky to have a club blah blah blah but Garner won’t last past Xmas next season. Not enough tactical nous or fighting spirit to rub off on the players. We would have won that game with wellens in charge and that personnel-there I said it-don’t give a fuck if you disagree.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:26:54 »

After 21 shite home games there is precious little for the fans to get excited about.

If I wanted to be bored shitless for 90 minutes . . .
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:29:13 »

Blame who you like, I've been sat in the Arkells listening to a fuc king moany "get it forward " expert behind me.

Plenty of righteous criticism of Garnerball today but our support has been right on the backs of the defenders/midfielders as soon as they don't immediately hit a killer ball forward. You can afford to play it short and back and forth against 10 men and manipulate openings.  

Negative and dormouse quiet until Davison's goal.  Rather have 5,000 actual fanz.

We were not clever enough today - Reed dropped way to deep for starters, Davison likewise (but for a couple of moments towards the end, including the goal).  Over the course of the season though you can assess Garner.  Given the squad, we are probably about where we would expect to be.  Garner is not a failure, but he hasn't really added any value either.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:29:43 »

Blame who you like, I've been sat in the Arkells listening to a fuc king moany "get it forward " expert behind me.

Plenty of righteous criticism of Garnerball today but our support has been right on the backs of the defenders/midfielders as soon as they don't immediately hit a killer ball forward. You can afford to play it short and back and forth against 10 men and manipulate openings.  

Negative and dormouse quiet until Davison's goal.  Rather have 5,000 actual fanz.

Your wish for 5,000 fans will come true with garnerball next season. We’ve missed a fucking great opportunity this season let’s not kid ourselves. Our personnel should be good enough for the play offs but we look like we are gonna fall at the last few fences.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:31:17 »

Our best XI across the season is play off material, but we have too many that are far too short of the required level that have to be used when injuries or loan recalls bite us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:31:49 »

our personnel has been short a striker all season jimbob

probably wouldn't have made a difference today, but would over the season

would have let us go 2 up top and taken control of the midfield better today too
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:32:57 »

I honestly dont remember the Iandolo "penalty incident". Anyone?

Nope. We seem to have a "missed" penalty chance most weeks.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:34:11 »

I’ve avoided posting for a while and hoped they’d eventually prove my early season gripes as snap judgements but that is season over now. Just a shame it’s not mathematical as we need to sack off the loan players now and start seeing which fringe players may make an impact next season.

Wollacott almost seems like he’s lost any appetite to play for us so should probably be dropped now. Conroy is a stat padding fraud who is more interested in his long pass highlights reel than actually defending. He’s down there with Aljofree in terms of our worst captains, no organisational or leadership skills to ever be seen from him.

Today was an example of how not to play against ten men, I mean consistently playing floated 50 yard wide passes didn’t work once and consistently surrendered possession.

Reed apart there’s no one I’d be sad to lose but it’s imperative we have a complete fresh start at the back as too much lethargy, mistakes and bad habits amongst the current incumbents. We need to sign a leader on the pitch and that is a priority for me in the summer.

Final mention on Garner, matches like today prove he is a million miles off what is required tactically, I’m not looking forward to another season of this as its really not enjoyable to watch or get into especially at home. He’s going to need to have a proper look at himself over the summer and surrender some of the pointless possession and passing stats for more risky forward thinking tactics.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:34:15 »

would have let us go 2 up top and taken control of the midfield better today too

Who needs strikers with Barry, Williams, JML and all the other non forwards Garner claims are strikers!

Completely agree would have made no difference today but would have gained us extra points throughout the season. Unfortunately I think he is adamant that this formation is how he wants to play even next season
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:36:32 »

Perhaps should have shown more faith in a local lad that earned a contract rather than giving the impression he’s playing not to lose and trying to keep his job. Irrespective of that, we have a good enough squad to have finished in the play offs considering the opposition fighting for play offs. If we can’t undo a side that’s playing for nothing and down to 10 men, we don’t deserve to get a play off chance. Decision making and lack of movement cost us today.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:39:26 »

I agree with most of that.

mckirdy injury was unfortunately the card that brought the house down for me though.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:39:39 »

I keep hearing Reed, JoJo, Conroy, Payne etc are too good for this league and should be playing at a higher level😀
Garner needs to wake up and smell the coffee and realise pretty possession football is not suited to league 2

So, give no fucks
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:40:42 »

Absolute wank. Had a guy tell me to get my boots on after we conceded our 2nd goal. We can’t defend a set piece which is a basic requirement of a league 2 football team. Can try all you like to take the positives out of this season lucky to have a club blah blah blah but Garner won’t last past Xmas next season. Not enough tactical nous or fighting spirit to rub off on the players. We would have won that game with wellens in charge and that personnel-there I said it-don’t give a fuck if you disagree.
Absolutely hit the nail on the head, proper manager against academy bod, why the surprise?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:42:25 »

Hypothetical question but would wellens have got more out of this squad of players🤔

So, give no fucks
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:43:49 »

I agree with most of that.

mckirdy injury was unfortunately the card that brought the house down for me though.

Yeah spot on. mckirdy wasn’t afraid to lose the ball and was unpredictable. Absolute opposite to what we’ve served up since he has been out.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: