Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22210 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:04:49 »

What was this "penalty" we should have had?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:08:00 »

bollocks performance. utter wank.

season over
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:10:04 »

Well Clem and Angus you wanted 10k home fans now you have them.

If you want them to come back next season then do something about the home form.

It’s been awful this year 7 wins in 21 ain’t good enough.

Garner clueless tactically and at game management or no plan B

Proper manager please in the summer
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:10:28 »

Garner:
- Shots and chances: There were enought to win the game
- The other end was the problem. Poor first goal and the second....You just can't do that!
- Penalty on Iandolo should have been 2-2
- Got what we deserved
- Incredible amount of detail to try to stop those sort of goals
- If you are not going to defend set pieces properly you are going to lose games in this league
- Baudry has done well, but didnt want to risk him.
- Tomlinson picked up a knee injury today
- Ended first half well
- Got to push ourselves harder and add intensity to our game
- If we hadnt conceded the second we would have gone on to win the game
- We have lost too many points at home
- We have 4 games left and have to win them all
- Its all mental intensity. Speed of the ball and speed of our pay
- Brilliant goal. Should have done that more
- Wanted to have full backs wide and 3 in the middle. Just about picking out the right ball
- Garner tried to get Barry out of the way so that the ref didnt even things up
- Standards dont have to go up much. We should have won today. We should have beaten Newport. We should have won at Rochdale
- We have to tighten up in the box
- McKirdy trained for the first time yesterday. Wasnt that intense. He will be in full training this week
- Hunt not as bad as first feared, but will be out the rest of the season
- Dressing room: Very disappointed. They want to do well. We just arent taking that next step.
- There are 12 points to play for and 12 points would get us into the play offs.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:11:47 »

What shots and chances? Can't  be arsed to read past that.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:12:05 »

Oh, just fuck off Garner
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:15:55 »

Well, if the game lacked entertainment value, then you've got to give it to Garner, he sure is funny

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:16:01 »

What a sorry end to what was a promising season. Shame as we had the potential to take 3600 to Walsall with something to play for.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:16:12 »

I honestly dont remember the Iandolo "penalty incident". Anyone?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:18:12 »

Difficult to know where to start with this rubbish! There is very little evidence to support your view, and a significant amount to refute it. They must be livid with Davison scoring 8 in 17 on loan. They should have got one of those 0 in 17 strikers! I think the plan, rather than not progress (your view of what’s happening) is conditional progression (do as well as we can within our means, ie, break the insolvency cycle). And Rob Angus and Morfuni deserve more credit and respect than that…

Please note my uses of the word "if" once with capital influence and currently this club does not have the finances to compete in L1, there's no difficulty in establishing that - simply because they don't have the finances to compete at the important end of a very shit L2.

Yet crowds have done their part and stull turned out to that fucking shite! Also been guilt tripped into deferring ST payments (the club hardly fucking acknowledged the impact of the pandemic upon the customer just how much it was hitting them). Its been a season of spin. I'll give the clib that, they've been good at that. Not sure everyone will want to be continually mugged of though, season upon season.

Like I said, there are more questions than answers. I might hit the more extreme end of issues but consider that within that, there is some that just saying it how it is and not ignoring the elephant in the room.

Davison could score 20 but if it doesn't result in promotion then no cunt will remember it "oh remember the 21/22 season when that loan kid scored 10 goals and we didn't get promoted?" get to fuck man lolz!

Steve Hale can buggar off defending the 10 men theory too. If they can't beat a 10 man team that has fuck all to play for then they don't deserve promotion.

Garner fuck off too with his usual bollocks post-match "should've had a penalty that makes it 2-2" the guy talks in fucking hypotheticals rather than focussing on what actually happened. He's an academy coach. A good academy coach but he's no manager. Oh and for about the 42nd time this season. Conroy is not a captain unless your goal is purely to stay in L2 and nothing else.

At least McGirty is back from his annual leave in West London so there are some personal positives.

STFC as it stands is becoming a sterile development club. Welcome to modern pro football.

I bet Hodgetts is creaming his undercrackers tonight. Straight on the blower to Lucerne Lee no doubt. Is he like a Rovers fan or something?! He appears to revel in announcing when Town have lost yet when they win he's quick to move onto the next news item like what's going on in the wider world of sport. It's a weird one for local radio. I get BBC "impartially" but the contrast from himself and Hawes is glaring.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:25:05 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:18:20 »

Quote from: adje

yes. he ran into a defender and fell over with the force. 100% not a penalty
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:18:31 »

He’d have had to got into the penalty area first! Genuinely can’t even remember a fan shout for a pen today let alone an actual penalty shout
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:19:16 »

It's post game comments like these that convince me he won't have a long and distinguished career managing teams, but more likely go back to senior Academy positions (and likely do well for himself).  He doesn't see the game through the right lens.  He is always looking at the process and not the result - have I seen something my players have learned or that I can coach them on, not the pure hard nosed we were up against 10 and you have to win that.  Fans do not give a shit if we looked good over the past 5 games if you only get a single win.  It just doesn't seem to be in his instincts - take today, far too late he did something different and must have asked O'Brien to go forwards.  Problem was that we didn't change how we were playing and Reed still faffed about with Conroy.  It gives away the fact they can't be working on alternative ways of playing.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:24:27 »

Blame who you like, I've been sat in the Arkells listening to a fuc king moany "get it forward " expert behind me.

Plenty of righteous criticism of Garnerball today but our support has been right on the backs of the defenders/midfielders as soon as they don't immediately hit a killer ball forward. You can afford to play it short and back and forth against 10 men and manipulate openings.  

Negative and dormouse quiet until Davison's goal.  Rather have 5,000 actual fanz.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:25:02 »

Conroy was indeed bollocks today, but played well v Harrogate.

O'Brien was bollocks today too

just can't seem to play together.

then, when the desperation took hold we had 5 players in a row up front so only had two options - play it around the back or lump it forward.

sigh. so near yet so far
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: