Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34774 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 13:36:26 »

Exactly that plus nobody can say the midfield lacks experience.

So, give no fucks
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 14:16:37 »

The passes are definitely there on occasion but our players would rather (or are told to) pass it back/sideways 5 yards safely to Reed than gamble with a forward pass.

Yesterday was probably the first time I got rally agitated with us keeping the ball as the long pass was on more than once and just never materialised. As said so many times before we are so predictable in the game plan it is no wonder teams can plan for it and nullify our attacks.

The possibility of play-offs is still there but I have the sinking feeling that we will be one of the seven clubs out of the possible eleven (as it stands), who will be wondering where it all went wrong.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 14:19:20 »

It will be interesting to see how two of our former managers set up against us over the coming weeks
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 14:24:59 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 14:46:48 »

It will be interesting to see how two of our former managers set up against us over the coming weeks

Not sure that the fact that they were formerly in the employ of STFC will impact on anything other than crowd reaction.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 15:05:13 »

Not sure that the fact that they were formerly in the employ of STFC will impact on anything other than crowd reaction.

The fact that you're not sure intrigues me even more.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 16:10:12 »

Quote from: Quagmire
It might just be me, but is Rob Hunt getting worse?
The last few weeks he’s been poor.

he's looked a bit off it to me too.

I think he's a fine defender though, but we all know he's never going to be an attacking full back.

also Walacott not been quite at the standard he has most of the season. Not the dithering, that happens occasionally to most keepers. It's the general distribution. And I swear he punched one I could catch.

not going into player assassination mode. just little things get magnified during time of pressure
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 18:16:17 »

Agreed Hunt has been poor recently. One of the worst parts of his game are his throw ins! Constantly stitching players up, especially with that backwards throw in to the centre backs chest. Proper irritates me
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 18:24:34 »

we do sometimes seem a bit static at throw ins, which doesn't help
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 18:25:11 »

Agreed Hunt has been poor recently. One of the worst parts of his game are his throw ins! Constantly stitching players up, especially with that backwards throw in to the centre backs chest. Proper irritates me

Only been to a handful of games but we have no movement from throw in and we don’t even bring Davison deeper for the flick on and push Williams/Payne/Whoever up try and get on the end of it.

We look to Reed - if he isn’t free we have other options but to practically give it away
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 18:39:57 »

Irrespective of the faults in the current squad put Doyle and Yates up front and we would have gone up automatically.

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 18:43:45 »

Waiting for "put Wellens in the dugout and we would have gone up automatically"  Girl Giggle

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 18:45:19 »

Only If Doyle and Yates were playing😎 That season we had a better team in a stronger league but no doubts you will disagree

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 19:19:36 »

Irrespective of the faults in the current squad put Doyle and Yates up front and we would have gone up automatically.

I’m not sure we’d give them enough services tbh.

…if you put Davison & McKirdy in the team that Doyle & Yates played in - they’d get more goals than they do in this team, easily
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 19:24:02 »

Add in Anderson and Doughty and then you realise how good that team was two years ago.

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 20:21:19 »

I’m not sure we’d give them enough services tbh.

…if you put Davison & McKirdy in the team that Doyle & Yates played in - they’d get more goals than they do in this team, easily

Assuming they weren’t injured or suspended !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: