Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34183 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, April 10, 2022, 20:49:37 »

I'm settling for mid table. Don't want another Preston debacle. Hopefully Rovers lose the final  Smiley
Salford, P Vale & the Vegans in consecutive games will hopefully put paid to that idea. Like us, Don’t think they’ll make the playoffs.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 07:36:57 »

I'm not so sure and can see them getting at least 4 points from Salford & vegans at home then maybe scrape a draw at port vale then a wins at Rochdale and home to Scunthorpe.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 07:39:38 »

the thing in my mind is if we make the playoffs then we must be doing so on the back of our form turning round massively. so wembley would still be a goer for me
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:04:44 »

Havent read back yet.

Wow, that was shit.

Final whistle went and i was off in a pissy down the Bus Station and home. No pub..

Two mediocre sides slugging it out for a chance to win a play off (which neither will).

Weve suddenly been found out in every department.

Shame.

Prove me wrong Town please and now go on a storming run....Please.

Walsall ticket on me now and i will be going whatever...

Clems Army!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:06:32 »

3 Harrogate tickets for sale (will stick in Harrogate thread also).

Barrow, Rochdale, Scunny, Oldham … you name it… nearly all aways been done this season, but fucking hell Saturday was rough. Garner happy for us to knock it about at back in 90th min - says it all. Players lost interest, but this “style and identity” is bollocks. Better things to do this Good Friday.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:16:03 »

I agree, I dont want to in at all costs and watching dire shit like Sutton and others but we do need to mix up the pretty stuff with some guts and strength not just lightweight players.

If you look at our midfield its comprised of Williams, Payne, Reed, Iandolo and Aguiar (and Gladwin when fit) thats a side with some good quality when on the ball but pretty poor and lightweight when off the ball.

Davison for all his effort and enthusiasm has ball control like hes got springs on his boots and struggles to find the net, hes not the solution even at this level.

We need a proper experienced target man if we are going to play that way like Jamille Matt or Akinfenwa, who will put themself into scoring positions and sctually get some goals but also run the defence ragged at the same time with their experience.

I would love to see Simpson return but I think in L2 we will have little chance of attracting his services full time, hes been THE biggest loss for me since January.

Watch Davison in the highlights. Hes a split second too slow in anticipation, thats what makes a striker, Austin had it, Doyle had it.
He missed one at Rochdale and one on Saturday...shame as he does lots of other stuff too.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:17:14 »

I''m looking forward to Harrogate.

Mrs is from York so we are seeing some friends up there. One has a new puppy. How can you not like puppies, right?

Oh and some football. McKirdy is risen, we will win all our games indeed. Or some such disillusion fantasy.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:43:48 »

Very frustrating. Looked dominant in midfield in first half but failed to take advantage. Second half was worse; no final ball. Passing it round the back like you’re defending a 1-0 lead on FIFA grinds my gears when we are 1-0 down. In the last few minutes we really went for it and if we did that earlier in the game we could have nicked it. Newport were poor and were masterful at the dark arts either diving to the ground when we were about to break or persistent niggly fouling and time wasting. Conroy and Baudry weren’t at their best and a few times only narrowly avoided disaster. I was in the townend and didn’t have the best view of the goal and haven’t been able to watch it back yet but it seemed that JJW should have stayed pur but if he does come out he simply had to get there first. Gladwin looked a bit rusty. I would have brought on Egbo. I took a West Ham fan to his first Swindon game which he enjoyed and he said he thought our fans were good! I thought Townend was okay but definitely not excellent. Wondering if my tickets to Walsall are going to be to watch a dead rubber game now. Will be a good chance for a shandy or two regardless I suppose. There is always next year…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:50:31 »

You don't have to put yourself through it again!

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #429 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:52:39 »

They didnt even show the disallowed goal in that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:53:15 »

Very poor and selective

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:58:08 »

Last three games we should've got 9 points and got 1. Really poor return of results that leaves us out of the promotion race now - I think we'll have to basically win all of our remaining games, maybe 5 with a draw. I've said before we could beat anyone in this league but we're just not consistent enough.

The game has been done to death. We had a spell on top but couldn't take advantage, clearly missing Harry McKirdy. Newport offered very little so it was always going to be a gift that gave them a goal. Shame for the backline as I actually thought they'd done quite well to keep Newport at bay.

Turn to next season now. I'm not sure what our deal is with new contracts, embargos etc but we need to start trying to tie down more players now. It seems Williams and Reed have actually signed on for another year so that's a good start.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 09:26:42 »

When we analysed the end of season fixtures I think most of us agreed we had a pretty favourable run-in that could possibly have seen us getting involved in the automatic promotion picture. Granted Newport at home was one of our harder games but they haven't been in very good form so it was a great chance to put them to the sword. Sadly we've been pretty feeble recently, yes we've had injuries but I think we're going to look back and it'll be a good chance missed. We aren't the only team going through it, Northampton and Tranmere are fading a bit as well. It's not over, but you just don't get the feeling this side is going to go out and crush weaker teams, we just aren't 'nasty' enough.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 09:31:01 »

Good post. I would also add that we're not physical and strong enough and get bullied off the ball too easily and offer very little threat from set pieces.

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #434 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 09:34:13 »

3 Harrogate tickets for sale (will stick in Harrogate thread also).

Barrow, Rochdale, Scunny, Oldham … you name it… nearly all aways been done this season, but fucking hell Saturday was rough. Garner happy for us to knock it about at back in 90th min - says it all. Players lost interest, but this “style and identity” is bollocks. Better things to do this Good Friday.

Indeed, putting those toys back in the pram for starters.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: