Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34820 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 16:52:55 »

"Garnerball" is wank. 60%+ possession means fuck all if you're gonna shit yourself an own goal, and look like scoring once every 10 games. Shite.
Fwiw I thought Newport were terrible.  What does that say about us?
That is not correct imho.

The team has some good players and some that aren't ready. We are one striker short of making the play offs.

We have no options to replace Davison when he is having a bad game

Garner makes some poor subs. Egbo should have been on for Payne (and Williams switched to the middle). Aguiar shouldn't have been brought on. JML offers nothing and showed as much again today. JOB should have been on either in a Antoine Van Der Linden role or to replace the cramping Tomlinson. Gladwin coming on when we needed urgency was unfathomable too!

So, Garnerball isn't crap. Garner's subs are crap. Listen to the Baudry interview. What he was saying is that we will improve. If we don't get it right this year, we will be better next year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 16:53:45 »

I agree, although we are a worse team now than December.  We had far more threat in the team then, even if it still looked very stiffled.
Yes - McKirdy and Simpson

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 16:58:22 »

Simpson has been a big loss as he often created his own goals out of nothing. I'm not sure we're capable of winning at least 4/6 remaining games and even if we did that may not be enough. Disappointing but at least Garner kept us up!

Today's attendances and even got beat by the lot up the road.
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021000409
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:02:14 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:02:23 »

That is not correct imho.

The team has some good players and some that aren't ready. We are one striker short of making the play offs.

We have no options to replace Davison when he is having a bad game

Garner makes some poor subs. Egbo should have been on for Payne (and Williams switched to the middle). Aguiar shouldn't have been brought on. JML offers nothing and showed as much again today. JOB should have been on either in a Antoine Van Der Linden role or to replace the cramping Tomlinson. Gladwin coming on when we needed urgency was unfathomable too!

So, Garnerball isn't crap. Garner's subs are crap. Listen to the Baudry interview. What he was saying is that we will improve. If we don't get it right this year, we will be better next year.

Agree.  Garner has built a team twice with loaners and leftovers.  And still in the hunt.  I would like to see less passing near our goal when under pressure but he has made changes after January.  The injuries killed the momentum
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:09:42 »

Yeah, I'm just pissed and annoyed.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:10:38 »

Agree.  Garner has built a team twice with loaners and leftovers.  And still in the hunt.  I would like to see less passing near our goal when under pressure but he has made changes after January.  The injuries killed the momentum
Absolutely. To build one decent side was remarkable. To be then asked to do it again at that stage was almost impossible and the fact that he almost did it is commendable in my opinion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:11:47 »

Trouble is if we don’t by some miracle go up that will be Jo Jo, McKirdy, Payne etc off elsewhere leaving us with the dross and another rebuild with loan players and on we go.

Had great gates, good away form but it’s the home performances that’s fucked us up.

Depressed  Suicide
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:16:18 »

If we don't go up I would sacrifice Jo Jo for a decent striker as we have a capable replacement and goalkeepers are easier to find.

So, give no fucks
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:26:47 »

As much as blame for that goal lies with the ‘keeper, the move started due to JML’s pathetic attempt at beating his man.

As good as our line up may look on paper, we simply don’t have the depth of quality needed in attacking areas to sustain the promotion charge. An extremely frustrating afternoon.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #354 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:28:17 »

Simpson has been a big loss as he often created his own goals out of nothing. I'm not sure we're capable of winning at least 4/6 remaining games and even if we did that may not be enough. Disappointing but at least Garner kept us up!

Today's attendances and even got beat by the lot up the road.
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021000409

Yes but Sunderland had 2,000+ fans there including quite a few in the home end too apparently so they only had about 9,500 home fans whereas we had 10,200 home fans, little wins and all that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:32:02 »

That's nice to hear as hate the thought of them thinking they have bigger support than us!
I thought Tranmere's attendance was poor considering Gas took 1300+

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 17:52:49 »

I’m more fucked off with the effort I made to get there 15 minutes after KO. If they had put the same effort in we’d have won at a canter.

Still, lose at Harrogate and I’ll spend Easter Monday on the garden. Win and I’ll probably go. I am dreading waking up the day of the last game of the season to a dead rubber and brilliant sunshine.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 18:07:17 »

I’m more fucked off with the effort I made to get there 15 minutes after KO. If they had put the same effort in we’d have won at a canter.

Still, lose at Harrogate and I’ll spend Easter Monday on the garden. Win and I’ll probably go. I am dreading waking up the day of the last game of the season to a dead rubber and brilliant sunshine.

Will take a few days to shake this one off.
Without doubt the flattest I’ve felt this season, just numb.

Driving to Harrogate desperation and hope.
Always kills us in the end. Hate football ⚽️
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 18:07:46 »

woulda, coulda, shoulda.

who cares. 0 points, 1 point from 9.

January fucked us over.

Simple and spot on.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 18:12:08 »

As much as blame for that goal lies with the ‘keeper, the move started due to JML’s pathetic attempt at beating his man.

As good as our line up may look on paper, we simply don’t have the depth of quality needed in attacking areas to sustain the promotion charge. An extremely frustrating afternoon.

Thing is though mate it’s almost time and time again we fuck up due to losing possession high up the pitch and having committed players forward we are exposed chasing back.
As for our finishing absolutely shocking. Wrong choices so many times.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: