Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25645 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 15:09:16 »

Ref was appalling for the game of football rather than favouring a side in particular.

The free kick given against Davison in the second half from a long ball was a great example...,poor header, didnt get anywhere near the ball or the man and the ref blew for a free kick...the Sutton Lad looked as surprised as anyone. 

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 15:15:00 »

True.

But its even simple things like if one player kicks the ball away and is booked, so should another. The time on the clock or the score shouldn't matter.

Agree
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 16:52:40 »

Considering many peoples jobs and livlihoods are at risk from one decision obviously missed it does make me wonder about how is the best way to improve the standard of refereeing at our level.

Even at our level the difference between one bad call by the ref can cost a club over £1 million in revenue if it happens in a play off final etc.

I think we can count on the fingers of 1 hand easily the amount of half decent refs we have had this season and probably 80% wouldnt even be fit to ref at Sunday League level.

Wouldn’t the ref for a PO final be a top PL ref? The thrust of your comment still stands and I agree BTW.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 17:20:33 »

Wouldn’t the ref for a PO final be a top PL ref? The thrust of your comment still stands and I agree BTW.
Probably it would be but so much rides on refereeing yet this season has been probably the worst I have seen, fickle indecisive or whistle happy, I do think we are known to refs as a diving team, which to a certain extent is probably true, its a side of our game I dont personally like but it stems from the top flight.

Being a ref is not a job I would ever want to do though and they have huge pressures but this season especially we have seen some awful refs and decision not just last night.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 17:57:43 »

Wouldn’t the ref for a PO final be a top PL ref?

No, don't think so.
The ref in a L2 PO final would probably be one of the better rated (across the season) L1 or L2 officials (National Group) or maybe a rising star from Select Group 2 (mainly Championship refs).

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 18:46:26 »

No, don't think so.
The ref in a L2 PO final would probably be one of the better rated (across the season) L1 or L2 officials (National Group) or maybe a rising star from Select Group 2 (mainly Championship refs).

Well, we’ll see if we get there. Hopefully we can go on a late season charge and sneak into the automatic spots.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 19:22:08 »

Our second goal last night was impressive to say the least.
Watch Williams take that travelling ball out of the air, said at the time pure class and made that goal.
Conroy’s pass feigning going long to the right and landing it with the perfect flight and judging Williams run again top drawer.
Two pieces of magic before McKirdy slammed it home.

Massive loss losing Reid.
Only knows how we set up at Crawley. Must stay with the 4 backline.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: