Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25657 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 12:35:35 »

I don’t think the ref was particularly biased one way or another.
Just completely inept at making the correct decisions.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 12:51:18 »

Football fans in considering the referee favoured the opposition shocker...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 13:24:47 »

Completely agree.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 13:30:43 »

Considering many peoples jobs and livlihoods are at risk from one decision obviously missed it does make me wonder about how is the best way to improve the standard of refereeing at our level.

Even at our level the difference between one bad call by the ref can cost a club over £1 million in revenue if it happens in a play off final etc.

I think we can count on the fingers of 1 hand easily the amount of half decent refs we have had this season and probably 80% wouldnt even be fit to ref at Sunday League level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 13:34:34 »

still can't see how their scorer wasn't offside the moment the ball was kicked
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 13:37:14 »

Are full time, professional refs economically viable at our level? And would they decrease the amount of errors?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 13:38:10 »

I dunno.  Thinking about it the incident on the touchline where their player went in late and nasty (it should have been a card) on one of ours was originally given their way by the ref.  It took the 4th official to tell him he had it wrong.  It seemed his default position that we were fouling.

I could see why the Sutton fans thought the ref favoured us from that point on as it looked like the ref went to one of our bench and changed his decision but it was the 4th official.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 14:13:11 »

Who'd be a ref eh? They get one split second look at it. The fact that people on here can't agree if goals, bookings, dives etc should have counted after looking at footage show how hard it is. Those potential offsides were tight last night. Very tight.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 14:13:35 »

still can't see how their scorer wasn't offside the moment the ball was kicked

Pause the youtube highlights on 38 seconds Batch. You can see that the 2 Sutton players in the 'middle' are ahead of the defensive line, but Kizzi is either level or just behind Davison. It's a shame because Baudry, Conroy, AK and Iandolo are in the perfect defensive position to play everyone offside. Had Bennett headed in then it would/should have been disallowed but unfortunately Kizzi got his head to it and therefore I believe it was a legal goal.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 14:24:25 »

Who'd be a ref eh? They get one split second look at it. The fact that people on here can't agree if goals, bookings, dives etc should have counted after looking at footage show how hard it is. Those potential offsides were tight last night. Very tight.

This is why we have ended up with VAR, and we were discussing last night which we would prefer, the  Officials making mistakes or VAR?

The main thing you can ask for from the ref & Lino’s is consistency.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 14:26:04 »

This is why we have ended up with VAR, and we were discussing last night which we would prefer, the  Officials making mistakes or VAR?

They were consistent  Smiley
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 14:27:54 »

Pause the youtube highlights on 38 seconds Batch. You can see that the 2 Sutton players in the 'middle' are ahead of the defensive line, but Kizzi is either level or just behind Davison. It's a shame because Baudry, Conroy, AK and Iandolo are in the perfect defensive position to play everyone offside. Had Bennett headed in then it would/should have been disallowed but unfortunately Kizzi got his head to it and therefore I believe it was a legal goal.

Even if the goal scorer was onside- the two ahead of him were distracting our defence and therefore interfering with play.

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 14:48:01 »

You're never going to get consistency because of human error. Just the way it is. Even those using VAR are getting it wrong.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 15:02:01 »

Ref was an absolute lottery. You never knew what he was going to do. The amount of times he missed obvious free kicks just to give a much much softer freekick moments later was astonishing. Looked like the fourth official even had to correct him once too.

Few occasions ref and linesman just looked at each other waiting the other to make a decision. No bottle whatsoever. No authority either. Would tell the player he was going to book to come to him and eventually just go to them. Laughing stock.

Should not be close to refereeing at this level.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 15:04:00 »

You're never going to get consistency because of human error. Just the way it is. Even those using VAR are getting it wrong.

True.

But its even simple things like if one player kicks the ball away and is booked, so should another. The time on the clock or the score shouldn't matter.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: