Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City vs Swindon Town pre match and match day thread  (Read 31191 times)
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 19:01:40 »

Iandolo you beauty - sucked the GK into that one

If that tackle had been made by an outfield player I would have expected a red card.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 19:12:08 »

4th in league one  Hmmm

Lower than any of our home attendances this season. Less than we had at home to Hartlepool on a Tuesday night, with their 75 fans  Smiley
It's amusing, so worth a mention. Their league position will only mean something if they get promoted.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 19:17:43 »

Pitch looked poor
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12558764/bradford-city-1-2-swindon-town-league-two-highlights

So, give no fucks
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 19:23:47 »

Yep. It was a letter of the law booking. Deliberate handball, even though it was just flung out casually. A more reasonable ref would have let it go, but it was up to Harry not to give him the choice.
Even the away commentary thought it was unfair
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 19:29:20 »

Haven't looked back as on holiday with limited access...Enjoyable game. Our midfield looked lightweight today. Iandolo with some neat passes and touches but very little else. Reed had a good first half and disappeared a little in the second. Williams didn't do anything magical, but was neat, today and drew fouls. Game passed Aguiar by and several players got a little frustrated with him in the second half. O'Brien looked a bit clumsy today and the defence looked poor without Tomlinson on the left. Davison put himself about but was poor today.

McKirdy is a hell of a player! Cooper also played very, very well today. Dirty when he had to be and very reliable. His best performance so far.

Good to see Payne back, but not sure he was 100% fit.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 19:36:44 »

Haven't looked back as on holiday with limited access...Enjoyable game. Our midfield looked lightweight today. Iandolo with some neat passes and touches but very little else. Reed had a good first half and disappeared a little in the second. Williams didn't do anything magical, but was neat, today and drew fouls. Game passed Aguiar by and several players got a little frustrated with him in the second half. O'Brien looked a bit clumsy today and the defence looked poor without Tomlinson on the left. Davison put himself about but was poor today.

McKirdy is a hell of a player! Cooper also played very, very well today. Dirty when he had to be and very reliable. His best performance so far.

Good to see Payne back, but not sure he was 100% fit.

You know we won right?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 19:45:08 »

Hate to predjudice the result on Tuesday night but just looked at the table, a draw would put us into fourth place, a win would put us into third !!,  don’t want to even think about a defeat !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 19:49:44 »

It proves what an inconsistent league it is with lots of evenly matched teams and will probably go to the final day of the season

So, give no fucks
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 20:01:02 »

Pre match Курва Путін in an imaginatively named pub somewhere in Leeds Station.
Need to fuel before heading off to the deceptive pleasantness of Lids sister city.
Always like a bit of faded Victorian grandeur.

Seventh visit here, first one in 1989.
7 or 8 of their matchday 13 went into management, less so from our team.
However we did have Tony Galvin playing that day, worthy of comparison with our Harry, less svelte, possibly more scholarly but equally as scruffy.

Fear of the new manager bounce today but hoping they'll be Hughesless.
Doubles against are to be avoided in football, ok in a pub though.
So 4 point from the next two games would be a very good return.
A meeting of the 2 best supported teams in the division today & arguably the 2 biggest clubs.
A comment that the much missed Reg would probably have poured cold water on.
Still, it's a fixture that could well be repeated next season.

Just hoping for a decent game & an enjoyable respite for everyone from the difficulties of making ends meet & the horror unfolding in the East.

Should have gone to the Sir Norman Rae in Shipley. Phoenix brewery Wobbly Bob available at over 6% at £2.10 a pint!
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 20:04:46 »

That save by Jojo halfway through was absolutely first class
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 20:26:50 »

Fantastic save Clap

So, give no fucks
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 20:29:30 »

7th trip to watch the town at valley parade, first was in oct 1996. but then it's an easy 1/2 hr drive for me. respect to wobbly bob and others who make these trips to the frozen tundra wastelands of the north every other week season in season out. first game for me since salford away in nov 2019, absolutely loved it. no better feeling than a last minute winner. all the players are new to me, no point me commenting, others know the game way better. suffice to say loved watching WOOOAARRRHHH HARRY MCKIRDY - what a livewire!! next one up for me harrogate away, great to be back watching the town on the road and cant wait for the next one.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 20:31:28 »

Great posy Clap

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 20:42:20 »

7th trip to watch the town at valley parade, first was in oct 1996. but then it's an easy 1/2 hr drive for me. respect to wobbly bob and others who make these trips to the frozen tundra wastelands of the north every other week season in season out. first game for me since salford away in nov 2019, absolutely loved it. no better feeling than a last minute winner. all the players are new to me, no point me commenting, others know the game way better. suffice to say loved watching WOOOAARRRHHH HARRY MCKIRDY - what a livewire!! next one up for me harrogate away, great to be back watching the town on the road and cant wait for the next one.

Leeds Phil with us today - Marching on Together 👍
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, March 5, 2022, 20:43:42 »

Lots of Swindon fans in Halifax lunchtime anyone know why they would stop off there

Extra 1% Interest than Nationwide Jimbo 😂
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: