Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25174 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:35:21 »

1,750 Bolton.
Bastards blocking the road on the way down. Didn’t mind they did the business.
⚽️

Cheers Duke at least that explains the blip!

Ipswich took 6,850 to MK today superb support.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:50:23 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:41:26 »

Made hard work of that first half. All it needed was a goal to settle the nerves.
The worst opposition we have faced all season, they were terrible and certs for the National League.
Reed best player on the pitch, however the sublime pass by Iandolo the best move of the match.
There is a player in Louie Barrie, can see he has the quality, a run of a few games and that elusive goal and sure he will kick on.
Stayed behind to applaud the General off the pitch. Looked a little emotional I thought.
On to Carlisle next Saturday with at least some much positive hope installed once again.

Crackity Jones

« Reply #302 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:46:03 »

For the first time since I don't know when, I actually enjoyed a home game.  I thought we played some nice stuff. Special mention to Iandolo who was MotM for me. That was a killer pass for McKirdy's goal.  Good to see Reed back and bossing the midfield.  I was also impressed with Barry and Davison in particular today.  

Credit to Garner for changing the formation and the attacking impetus today.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:59:32 »

Stats show 24 shots from 54% possession.Must be our lowest possession percentage for ages coupled with highest number of shots.Ironic

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 19:06:58 »

Piss stains beat us today must have had a bring a kid for a quid deal on😀

Still had 800 less home fans than us. No surprise.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 19:09:18 »

Still had 800 less home fans than us. No surprise.

Excellent just the way we like it😀

So, give no fucks
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 19:18:07 »

For the first time since I don't know when, I actually enjoyed a home game.  I thought we played some nice stuff. Special mention to Iandolo who was MotM for me. That was a killer pass for McKirdy's goal.  Good to see Reed back and bossing the midfield.  I was also impressed with Barry and Davison in particular today.  
Yes I enjoyed today's game, which is a novelty. No offense to Scunthorpe but the team that can't beat them is a poor side indeed.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 19:23:16 »

I listened today and it seems like we played a more exciting and progressive brand of football that resulted in a convincing win. We apparently had a let off which led to JJW making a few good saves. I am looking forward to seeing the highlights and seeing this legendary Iandolo pass. I am pleased he is getting recognition for his performances. Wellens always rated him highly and said he was among the fittest players in the squad.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 19:25:06 »

Oh god, not the OUFC 'attendance watch' again

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 19:27:47 »

I listened today and it seems like we played a more exciting and progressive brand of football that resulted in a convincing win. We apparently had a let off which led to JJW making a few good saves. I am looking forward to seeing the highlights and seeing this legendary Iandolo pass. I am pleased he is getting recognition for his performances. Wellens always rated him highly and said he was among the fittest players in the squad.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12540553/swindon-3-0-scunthorpe-league-two-highlights

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 19:30:17 »

It's more interesting than bus stations😀

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #311 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 20:06:42 »

I thought that was much more of a shout than the last one, Grant had hold of his hand and pulled him back - could have gone either way that one
Spot on, really suprised how many missed that. Blatant penalty i thought
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 20:38:46 »

A clear change in approach today. The change on formation meant we had men wide, which we’ve been desperately lacking. We passed with far more purpose. Louis Reed was visibly trying the increase the pace of the game - as was Aguiar. Not always succeeding, but the intent was there. It wasn’t great quality at times, and JoJo probably had more saves to make than their keeper (even if their keeper had saved the 3 he let in), but we needed a shot in the arm so it’s job done. Aside from a few nice touches and a great through ball, I’m not a fan of Iandolo in the middle. He’s too one footed for me and immobile. Some (Doughty) can get away with that, but not Ellis. Hope I’m proved wrong. Happy for Davison. His work rate is admirable. If Barry could learn to hit the line and pull it back with his left, instead of cutting in every time, then I’d imagine Davison could bag himself a few goals. Instead, our Louie is a bit of a one trick pony. Run at the right back, and either cut onto your right to shoot (or turn into trouble), or go left and fall over. He could be knocked over with a feather. It’s early days with him, and he’s shown in flashes that he may turn into a decent player.  I was horribly bored last week, but not this. Let’s get Payne, Williams and Conroy fit, maybe a freebie or two, and get up and out of this league.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 20:42:41 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 20:56:08 »

Amen. Who gives  a shit.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 22:29:18 »

Were there 9,012 there today?

I wouldn’t say so, but all ST’s (don’t know about advance tickets) are counted for each game.

That said, it was still a decent turnout
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: