Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 24469 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #360 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 09:22:46 »

I must've watched the first goal about 30 times now. The Ellis assist is absolutely superb. Top drawer stuff.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #361 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 10:08:11 »

Make no mistake, Scunthorpe were possibly the worst team I have seen in a long time, they reminded me of Swindon last season, just utterly abject all through the side.
Absolutely agree on this, they reminded me a lot of us last season under Shirdactyl. A little good but utterly useless where it matters, in defence and in front of goal.

A rudderless ship heading for relegation.

TBH before the game I wasn't confident that we would beat them at all, I expected the worst, but blimey they were poor.

Burns and Grant the only 2 players who looked up for it, the striker Nuttall ran around a lot with no quality and their keeper, even though a flapper, kept them in the game, otherwise they were the worst team we have played.

But you can only beat whats in front of you, which we did.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 10:13:13 »

Absolutely agree on this, they reminded me a lot of us last season under Shirdactyl. A little good but utterly useless where it matters, in defence and in front of goal.

A rudderless ship heading for relegation.

TBH before the game I wasn't confident that we would beat them at all, I expected the worst, but blimey they were poor.

Burns and Grant the only 2 players who looked up for it, the striker Nuttall ran around a lot with no quality and their keeper, even though a flapper, kept them in the game, otherwise they were the worst team we have played.

But you can only beat whats in front of you, which we did.

Absolutely mate. Of course over the moon with the win and really hoping it's the catalyst to go on a run now.

Hope you are feeling a little better about things, 3 points always welcome Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #363 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 10:19:41 »

I must've watched the first goal about 30 times now. The Ellis assist is absolutely superb. Top drawer stuff.
It was a perfect finish from McKirdy so low and hard and very close to the keeper too. A really well worked goal, proper old school hit them on the counter with pace and quality.

For me we always have looked better on the counter than when we have huge amounts of possession before attacking.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #364 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 10:25:01 »

Hope you are feeling a little better about things, 3 points always welcome Smiley
We have to wait and see if we can replicate similar against one of the other poorest (in the table at least) sides on Saturday, who according to their fans think they have turned the corner now after getting a draw at Col U on Saturday.

Its a big 3 points that can keep us in the play off hunt.

I was impressed that Garner actually was willing to try a different formation, which in the main worked, but for me the biggest difference was Reed coming back into the team allowing Gladwin?Aguiar and Iandolo a little more freedom to try things.

Also the role of Barry opened them up at the back which a lot of fans don't seem to be giving him credit for, yes he went to ground a little too easily (much like KKH) and his heading needs a bit of work, also he went for goal a little too often when he should have passed, but his contribution was very good.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 10:31:46 »

I agree we improved when Gladwin went off, midfield seemed to move the ball foward quicker.

I think the problem? with Gladwin is that he just slows things down so much all the time, he has an uncanny ability to find/make space but then spends so much time on the ball everything just grinds to a halt before he uses it. Must be pretty frustrating to play with.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 11:45:35 »

I thought Aguiar looked decent enough when he came on for Gladwin.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 12:00:35 »

Thought Gladwin was playing well before he went off. Agree about Aguiar.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #368 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 12:10:58 »

Thought Gladwin was playing well before he went off. Agree about Aguiar.
Me too, he was getting into the game and put in a couple of good balls before he went off, Aguair had the legs that Gladwin didn't though and was far more mobile.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 12:50:09 »

I remember gasping as he was about to play it and thinking 'He's not going to do that is he' and then willing McKirdy to put it away. It has to be a goal of the month or even season contender I would have thought.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 17:46:19 »

I remember gasping as he was about to play it and thinking 'He's not going to do that is he' and then willing McKirdy to put it away. It has to be a goal of the month or even season contender I would have thought.

Been a few decent goals this season.
Reeds at Crewe, both goals away at Sutton to name a few that I remember.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 18:19:35 »

This is a goal I've watched a few times  Smiley

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 07:58:18 »

YOU BET YOU BET TWO NIL SWINDON
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 08:41:24 »

If my memory serves me well, I think our first ever game in division two in 1963-64 was home to Scunthorpe and we won that three-nil too. Not so much a Proustian madeleine moment as a Reg lardy cake moment, I suppose.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:26:19 »

I thought Aguiar looked decent enough when he came on for Gladwin.

Having someone in that position who's mobile and quicker than a snail was certainly useful
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: