Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simpson Recalled  (Read 12660 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:16:04 »

Gutted to see Simpson go. His trajectory of improvement has been immense. He would have hit around 20 goals this season I am sure.

For a 19 year old in his first season in football with the added weight of being the only out about striker at the club on his shoulders, he has been outstanding.

He will be an established championship player very quickly in my opinion. Pacy, strong, able to bully defenders and a good striker of the ball. His heading ability though .......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:20:43 »

Gutted to see Simpson go. His trajectory of improvement has been immense. He would have hit around 20 goals this season I am sure.

For a 19 year old in his first season in football with the added weight of being the only out about striker at the club on his shoulders, he has been outstanding.

He will be an established championship player very quickly in my opinion. Pacy, strong, able to bully defenders and a good striker of the ball. His heading ability though .......
Absolutely this.

If he could improve his heading ability he would become a very very good striker he has the rest of his game, he improved game to game, yes he went missing at times but hes raw and hes young and every player has the occassional off day.

As he states we will always have a place in his heart, I feel he will have a place in almost every Town fans hearts too.

I hope he has a very long and very successful career ahead of him, the lad has bags of potential.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:22:53 »

I don’t see why sticking him their under 23s will make him anymore likely to sign a contract.

Didn’t realise we had so many posters who work for ITFC either
Peter Venkman

« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:23:19 »

And if we had a player out on loan who was in the same position this forum would be full of people moaning if our board were not doing exactly the same.
I don't think we would.

Simpson scoring 20 goals in a season, albeit in L2, would raise his tribunal price if he left in the Summer.

If hes going to leave in the Summer anyway surely a striker with 20+ goals would get them a better tribubal fee than a striker who scored 11 goals.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:24:47 »

Absolutely this.

If he could improve his heading ability he would become a very very good striker he has the rest of his game, he improved game to game, yes he went missing at times but hes raw and hes young and every player has the occassional off day.

As he states we will always have a place in his heart, I feel he will have a place in almost every Town fans hearts too.

I hope he has a very long and very successful career ahead of him, the lad has bags of potential.

Did he go missing, or was it his service went missing, only seen a couple of games in full but at least at Barrow he was making lots of decent runs movements and literally nothing was being played out of the midfield to him!

Seeing how well he came on here will hopefully encourage other teams to send us players for development.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:25:20 »

Didn’t realise we had so many posters who work for ITFC either
You don't have to work for Ipswich to speak to a player and his family who are all very amiable people.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:25:24 »

Hit and miss? Fucking hell 

I thought this as well personally. I think some people really need to have a bit of a reality check!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:27:27 »

Not next season though, still may have the loan but the embargo will be gone. Then that raises the question of what division we’re in, do we or would we want or need him and how much would he cost?

Have we had definitive communication as to when the embargo would be lifted out of interest?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #68 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:28:23 »

Did he go missing, or was it his service went missing, only seen a couple of games in full but at least at Barrow he was making lots of decent runs movements and literally nothing was being played out of the midfield to him!

Seeing how well he came on here will hopefully encourage other teams to send us players for development.
I watched every game he played for us other than Walsall and Crewe away in the FA cup and yes he went missing in a few games, away at Rovers he was awful, his touch poor and he looked disinterested, Carlisle home was similar.

He is allowed the occassional poor game as all players are, but he was never poor in 2 consecutive games ever.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #69 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:29:39 »

Have we had definitive communication as to when the embargo would be lifted out of interest?
As it stands as of today it will last until this summer unless we pay off the loan
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:31:29 »

As it stands as of today it will last until this summer unless we pay off the loan

Thanks SR. I wonder if given the income from the Man City game and the Scott Twine money as well as the extra income from the Rovers game (4k above break even - police costs) we might be tempted to pay off the loan quicker.

Crackity Jones

« Reply #71 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:39:39 »

I don't think we would.

Simpson scoring 20 goals in a season, albeit in L2, would raise his tribunal price if he left in the Summer.

If hes going to leave in the Summer anyway surely a striker with 20+ goals would get them a better tribubal fee than a striker who scored 11 goals.
This is what I don't get either. Surely it was in Ipswich's interests to leave him here if the issue is contractual; unless one or a number of their strikers are off.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #72 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:40:33 »

Thanks SR. I wonder if given the income from the Man City game and the Scott Twine money as well as the extra income from the Rovers game (4k above break even - police costs) we might be tempted to pay off the loan quicker.
I think that Clem and the club are happy to follow the embargo rules to get the club on more of an even footing before they need to pay the loan back.

We are (were) currently competitive in the table against most of the expectation pre season so having an interest free loan that doesn't need to be paid back means that we have no rush to pay it back even if we have extra funds available due to being better on the pitch that we could have imagined we would be.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #73 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:42:42 »

This is what I don't get either. Surely it was in Ipswich's interests to leave him here if the issue is contractual; unless one or a number of their strikers are off.
There are still rumours on the Ipswich forum that Norwood and possibly Jackson will be off in this window but that still leaves them with 4 recognised strikers ahead of Simpson.

Currently Norwood, Jackson, Bonne, Piggot, Chaplin, Aluko and Simpson.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:53:26 »

My understanding of the AB notes is once the season is over and or the normal EOC time which is end of June? There definitely was mention in one of Aberdeen’s communique’s that they were advised not to pay it off and destabilise the club financially as it was interest free and once the season had expired we would be free from the embargo even if we still owed money as we had 4 years? To pay it off.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: