Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simpson Recalled  (Read 12645 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 07:10:55 »

I think this is the real issue.

Bang on. He won't renew so they've recalled and are chucking him in the u23's to try and force it. Tossers.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 08:11:57 »

Bang on. He won't renew so they've recalled and are chucking him in the u23's to try and force it. Tossers.

This is what I have also heard.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 08:18:18 »

If he sticks to his guns and is prepared to leave in the summer, he’d have a decent choice of clubs being a free agent. Hopefully, if we go up, it may be us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 08:21:40 »

presumably they would be owed a development fee, so 'free' isn't quite free
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 08:31:17 »

presumably they would be owed a development fee, so 'free' isn't quite free

It’s relative to then offering him a contract right?
Internet suggests they have the option of an additional (3rd) year

I wonder if that’s triggered by # of U23 games played and/or involvement in the first team squad even if he’s just sat on the bench
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 08:47:08 »

Quote from: DiV

I wonder if that’s triggered by # of U23 games played and/or involvement in the first team squad even if he’s just sat on the bench

interesting question DV.

that, or they hope he'll sign so he can come back here (or elsewhere)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 09:10:43 »

Don’t forget, outside of the playing situation and the ying and yang between Swindon and Ipswich Tyreece will be in regular dialog with his agent. Yes, there may well be an option for another year which Ipswich would be entitled to trigger, however, in the longer term he and his agent may have other ideas about Tyreeces direction of travel and it may not include Ipswich. If Ipswich trigger any extension they would be within their contractual rights to sell him to the highest bidder.

Now Tyreece may have already made his mind up as to where he wants to go or indeed ‘stay’ and according to their forum IIRC he would be way down the pecking order for a starting place as it stands. As Tyreece alluded to, things change quickly and if he and his agent see that his immediate future lies elsewhere then clearly a clash of wills is going to ensue.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 24, 2022, 09:18:28 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 09:13:19 »

Thus taking him out of the shop window.

I see McGreal is the U23 manager there also.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 09:14:29 »

I personally could see Simpson running down his contract and joining us in the summer. Ipswich could extend but if he's down the pecking order then that seems pointless and will anyone really put in a substantial bid for a 19-year old striker who's been hit and miss for half a season in L2? The tribunal route would be the most appropriate for Ipswich to go down, let him agree a contract with a club to join them in the summer and Ipswich can claim how much an impact they had in his development.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 09:23:57 »

Don’t personally see him as league one ready so am a bit surprised that they have recalled him at a time when Ipswich were just stringing some results together.  This might explain the extra effort he put in yesterday.  To many games where he hasn’t put the effort in for my liking and his decision making left a lot to be desired.  Need to find a new physical presence up front now then.

Wow you are pretty demanding. I don't think you could ever accuse Tyrese of a lack of effort. Some games it may have not happened for him but he never shirked. He was an incredibly hard working player.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 09:29:33 »

Hit and miss? Fucking hell 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 09:30:32 »

Been done to death but of course it's always going to be the problem with a loanee. I don't think you can grumble with a 19 year old striker coming in and scoring 11 goals in his first steps into first team football. I suspect Ipswich didn't think he'd do as well as he had and now are seeing the ££ signs given he is out of contract at the end of the season. He's miles down the pecking order at Portman Road so is unlikely to trouble the pitch there, but as clubs have to pay a premium for strikers they are obviously doing what they can to get as much money for him.

Worst comes to the worst, they offer him a contract renewal at equal terms to what he's on now which means that any club that wants him has to pay a development fee. Unfortunately that rules us out of the equation whilst under the Umbungo. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 09:43:44 »

Been done to death but of course it's always going to be the problem with a loanee. I don't think you can grumble with a 19 year old striker coming in and scoring 11 goals in his first steps into first team football. I suspect Ipswich didn't think he'd do as well as he had and now are seeing the ££ signs given he is out of contract at the end of the season. He's miles down the pecking order at Portman Road so is unlikely to trouble the pitch there, but as clubs have to pay a premium for strikers they are obviously doing what they can to get as much money for him.

Worst comes to the worst, they offer him a contract renewal at equal terms to what he's on now which means that any club that wants him has to pay a development fee. Unfortunately that rules us out of the equation whilst under the Umbungo. 

Not next season though, still may have the loan but the embargo will be gone. Then that raises the question of what division we’re in, do we or would we want or need him and how much would he cost?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:11:08 »

This is spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 24, 2022, 10:15:54 »

And if we had a player out on loan who was in the same position this forum would be full of people moaning if our board were not doing exactly the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: