Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 63249 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 00:06:45 »

Great evening. Loved it. Big match occasions are great at The County Ground. Only wish i was born a while earlier so I could have experienced the Premier League and some of our other great sides and matches.

Second goal pissed me off but pride is the main feeling. Those players smash Premier League sides on a weekly basis. So much respect for the way City approach games. Like a well oiled engine in action. It's scary to think of how much better they could play if required.

Penalty save and our goal were great moments and I won't lie when we got the free kick outside the box moments later I was kind of expecting a goal. We are Swindon after all. Never a dull moment.

Rodri I found quite awe inspiring to see in person. Absolutely massive and appears to have a force field around him when he's on the ball. Think he could play well anywhere on the pitch. Cole Palmer is a superstar in the making no doubt.

Hope we use that as confidence and the club gets a decent financial boost. Promotion has to be the aim now.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 00:20:00 »

I just hope we score, or at least have something to celebrate

We did & had the penalty save so happy enough.

Have to say that City are probably the best team I’ve ever seen at the county ground.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 00:35:36 »

the thought of the prawn sandwich brigade having to do on the Bank anuses me .

probably a culture shock
Lucky if they managed to get prawn flavoured crisps.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 00:58:45 »

Well that was a long day but what a great evening of football. Don't think I've genuinely enjoyed a game we've lost that much ever.

KKH proved himself a class above tonight, and Williams when he came on was a huge improvement over Gladwin who I forgot was on the field regularly, until he meandered into the right spot to lose the ball or scuff a pass. What a shame that's the type of player he is now, I know he's had some brighter moments this season but he essentially meant we were playing with 10 men for 70m tonight.

Then again bit unfair perhaps to judge when we're up against the Prem leaders, but nobody else really embarrassed themselves tonight.

Apart from the Man city support which was hilariously bad, or the design of their third kit. The font is just messed up. I heard one bloke in front of me shout "What the fuck is a deebruvnee" when de bruyne came to take a throw in which made me chuckle.

Haven't watched the highlights back yet but if they gave the pen at our end they should have given Simpson's. He got weak all of a sudden but then their player went down like a fish failing to leap up a watercourse so...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 02:25:52 »

Cole Palmer is fucking good at football.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 02:44:53 »

Cole Palmer is fucking good at football.

Will raise you that with Rodri. Best player I’ve seen live. In total control of the game
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 08:17:43 »

Just looked in a copy of the scum,  no match report, not even the result,  what a shit paper.
At least expected a ‘small’ column.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 08:29:09 »

Just looked in a copy of the scum,  no match report, not even the result,  what a shit paper.
At least expected a ‘small’ column.

You’re really after the cheap holiday voucher weren’t you….
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 08:57:35 »

Carvan in April😀

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 09:07:22 »

Man City are simply superb, the gulf in class incredible and sadly reflects on football with the divides in money. It’s simply got bigger over the years.
Once their team was announced it was simply a case of how many.

Playing the way we do, second goal summed it up, against the best pressing side in the Country just suicidal. However go long and it was immediately coming back.

No disgrace, atmosphere at times superb particularly when we scored.
All about the income and how far we have come, Citeh fans I spoke to after the game full respect.

Just hope we can start to strengthen, as we are so short in depth as it is starting to show.
May be more likely at the end of this season however reasons to be optimistic that the club can start to progress once again.
Only wish is for those fans to make more effort to come again.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 09:11:51 »

Carvan in April😀

Five star I expect.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 09:13:39 »

A big mention to Ward for not going to pieces especially after the free kick went in. He was also taking a lot of friendly stick from the City fans in the second half but still managed to hive them a friendly wave when asked to do so!

That which my son and I thought he could have done better with was sublime, having watched on YouTube from behind the goal camera very little chance to get across. So for no real fault in that.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 09:13:52 »

Only if you collect all the vouchers!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 09:15:54 »

That which my son and I thought he could have done better with was sublime, having watched on YouTube from behind the goal camera very little chance to get across. So for no real fault in that.

Felt sorry for him sat in the goal looking dejected but fair play to him for having abit of banter with the City fans

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 09:18:04 »

that's the thing with top sides isn't it. yes they have skill, and pace and are physically strong.

bit it's the movement and speed of thought. it doesn't have to be lung busting. just  move to the right place at the right time to get the ball.

it looks so easy and effortless.

then, suddenly at the right moment,  the hot knife carves through the buttery defence

Man city are the masters. I hope  the town players enjoyed the experience and have their heads held high.

Tuesday is going to be very difficult coming so soon after that effort
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: