Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20962 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 22:37:35 »

That was a shit day from start to finish.
Cancelled the train for the first leg of our long journey, had to then leg it into the car and drive as the connections would never have been made.

Absolutely angry everything today went wrong.
May not even get the second and third leg of the train tickets refunded. Railway service in this Country is fucking shite.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 22:40:11 »

Sorry I missed you, Horlock.  I'm also intrigued now to know where you are in that pic - as I'm in it as well with one of my boys.  We were down at the front, and I think you said you were further back?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 22:41:44 »

Cancelled the train for the first leg of our long journey, had to then leg it into the car and drive as the connections would never have been made.

May not even get the second and third leg of the train tickets refunded. Railway service in this Country is fucking shite.

Fair play to you for getting there in spite of all that.  And good to bump in to you briefly as well.  Hope the journey back was less stressful.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 22:46:59 »

Respect for still making it, Duke.

I suspect most who travelled are asking why they bothered, but one of those trips that makes the good ones even sweeter.

I’ve seen the highlights now and not entirely sure I agree with Garner’s assessment that neither incident was a penalty…have seen both given before and Gladwin in particular was always asking for trouble lunging in like that.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 22:47:12 »

Fair play to you for getting there in spite of all that.  And good to bump in to you briefly as well.  Hope the journey back was less stressful.

Great seeing you Mate and your flag making its appearance.
Just need to put the day behind us now. Nothing went right, poor all over the park.
Only Payne was a 7/10 the rest 4/10. Shite.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 22:48:04 »

Respect for still making it, Duke.

I suspect most who travelled are asking why they bothered, but one of those trips that makes the good ones even sweeter.

I’ve seen the highlights now and not entirely sure I agree with Garner’s assessment that neither incident was a penalty…have seen both given before and Gladwin in particular was always asking for trouble lunging in like that.

Gladwin had a shocker today.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 22:55:24 »

Disappointing performance all round, but pleased to say our day out was more than that.  Meeting old friends, journey down, match day rituals and feeling the buzz.  My boys got their pic taken with Jonny W before the game and the beaming smiles said it all.  Made the 400 mile round trip worth it in spite of everything else.

Shame about the performance, shame about the lack of a Plan B when it was clear the passing/possession game wasn't going to work on a waterlogged pitch, shame about the post-match twattery from some of our fans fighting behind the stand after the game, shame McKirdy lost his composure, shame Reed wasn't there (sorely missed), shame some of our fans think 2 defeats is reason enough to have a complete meltdown (there were plenty of these in the stand) and shame we didn't get lucky.  But you can't win them all.  Barrow were ropey, but they were the best side today and deserved their win.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 23:28:40 »

We were poor.  It was raining and cold and it seemed they didn't really want to get off the bus.  We don't have a plan B.  Today plan B was Gladwin as holding player in front of back 4.

Worth a try, not as shit as diamond with defensive full backs.  But shite
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 23:29:13 »

I was in same position as you after driving an hour to rail station but decided against driving 8 hours in a day (getting too old for that), particularly when postponement was still a possibility.
Fair play to you for making your way there but sounds very much like my impromptu afternoon relaxing at home may have been the better option after all.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 23:30:00 »

Pathetic performance again. Pretty embarrassing tbh. Conceding 2 to Barrow, a team who hadn’t scored in 5 and had only won 4 this season. Spineless all round. 17 hour odd day but don’t regret it one bit haha

Big comeback needed against Walsall.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 23:47:20 »

One more observation.  I worry that there's a pattern to McKirdy losing it visibly when a few consecutive decisions didn't go our way - and Conroy being sent off for dissent after the final whistle.  The ref didn't have a great game, right enough.  But there was a worrying lack of discipline on show in response to that.

We can't afford all these reds & yellows.  McKirdy's, in particular, are almost always petulant & pointless.  He's going to feel like a proper bell end if he misses the Man City game as a result.

Garner needs to be assertive, and to get on top of this.  It's not good enough.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, December 12, 2021, 00:49:37 »

Straight Red for dissent and basically for swearing at the Ref.
So is now suspended for being a ....blank.

I'm sure the ref thought "oh yes,. Affer 30 mins of thinking time I'll reconsider both pens, "

We were utterly toothless up front why Conroy has to whine like that is bizarre 
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 12, 2021, 00:53:31 by Pookemon » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, December 12, 2021, 08:51:01 »

Home (Actually about an hour ago!) (and huge respect to all those who travelled for c.6 hours rather than 30 mins to watch that nonsense), so where to begin...

Positives - I don't live in Barrow.
The pub was very nice and I will probably visit again
To one fellow TEF'ender I am no longer an anonymous northern monkey, nice to meet you @Paolo69 and hopes for next time Ardiles!

Negatives
The weather
The ground (I was more intimate with my immediate neighbours that I have been with anyone for months), it was very crowded!
The pitch
The referee was dreadful, he seemed oblivious to a Barrow tactic which seemed to be control the ball and fall over and invariably win a free kick. The highlight in the second half was when a barrow player slipped over with no one near him and he gave them a free kick. In terms of the pens from the other end, the hand ball seemed harsh but they are invariably given, with the foul it was obvious about 5 seconds before it happened that Gladwin was going to clatter the bloke, it was an incredibly clueless  thing to do. The ref did improve when he went on a booking spree for time-wasting, rather tempered by booking the wrong Barrow player (as far as I could tell) when Williams was clattererd.!

In terms of our players, Gladwin (how the actual fuck did he last 90 mins without being subbed) spent the whole game either receiving the ball facing our goal and passing it backwards or failing to turn round and run into the space which was there (on that topic do our players not talk, the number of times a defender would have the ball and not be told he was being closed down suggested a massive communication problem, in short Gladwin as our driving midfielder has all the penetrative outcome of a flaccid penis.

Conroy is the master of the 5 yard sideways pass, even better if the player he is passing to is already boxed in!

McKirdy did nowt bar winge a lot and like everyone else give the ball away at every opportunity.

Payne ran around a lot but seemed to have the dead ball ability of me.

I see the Garner honeymoon is well and truely over for many, only seen this game in detail so cannot comment hugely, but it was blindingly obvious from 30 mins in that it wasn't working!

Generally it was total dross, from both sides, they just seemed a little bit more streetwise and adept at shithousery!

A final thanks for the STFC Twitter for getting a picture of me looking like I am having the best time ever!

Oh and one final thing, I am not convinced they made a single chance that wasn't the result of an STFC fuck up, we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, more blow our foot off with an elephant gun at every opportunity. The problem with this sort of system is that ball playing centre halves don't tend to stay at this level and much as with previous era's we are playing a system that our personnel don't seem to have the skill set to play.
Is it you who looks really chuffed that his left hand has beaten his right hand playing 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' ?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, December 12, 2021, 09:44:06 »

Quote from: 4D
They seem to have a bunch of cocky pricks on their forum, sure they'll turn up en masse for the return fixture.

en masse = 47
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, December 12, 2021, 09:50:13 »

I believe Conroy misses the next 2, Walsall + Exeter.

sent for abusive language

fa website is shit, says suspension ends "26 December" but not whether that's inclusive..

but I think Lou Reed had a date of 11/12 yesterday, so assume it's inclusive
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: