Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20987 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:55:51 »

There is the odd poster who thought you were serious tho!

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:56:31 »

There is the odd poster who thought you were serious tho!

I thought that too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:57:48 »

We were poor today. Perfectly possible to say as such if you wish.

The weather was poor. The pitch deteriorated. The penalties you can argue. We were never going to be able to play super sexy football today.

But we created the sum of bugger all clear cut chances. Bit I don't agree we were on top when the first goal came. It was at least one of those games that could have gone either way.

I'm not jumping on his back because I can see what he can bring to the team. But Gladwin needed replacing for someone who could get the ball back. East wasn't it. Lyden (and Grant) are a possible plan B, but Garner is too stuck in his ways to try it.  McKirdy when he's on it is great, but today he was at his arm waving frustrating passenger best.

Poor old Conroy has hit a bit of bad form. It happens. The stupidity of getting sent off after the whistle may actually be a good thing. Time to rest/reset.

We aren't a disaster. But we have an opportunity here - using the "yeah but ahead of schedule/nearly didn't have a club" is for later  - for now we need to keep pushing.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:58:09 »

Cheesy

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:06:19 »

Agree about the knee jerkers and doom mongerers, but that doesn't mean we can't criticise individual performances and people, which is what I have kept it to today.

We gifted them the game, it was a game that we could have and should have won.  A mixture of poor performances, bad decision making and poor tactical decisions - alongside a lack of plan B has cost us the 3 points.

I have faith in Garner and the wider team, but the excuses (and that's what they were) that he came out with in the post match were absolute dogshit.  I would much rather have the honest forthright view of the likes of Wellens, than the type of view that Luke Williams would have given.  Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say that I got it wrong, so and so player got it wrong, we just weren't good enough..  Don't start going down the route of treating the fans like we are idiots, which for me he was doing in that interview today.

That is my honest assessment on Swindon Town today - that doesn't mean I am knee jerking.  I get so frustrated when we lose because of us rather than the opposition - it's allowed

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:08:00 »

A good honest opinion but no doubts some will disagree

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:09:11 »

Been out all afternoon and caught a bit of the post match driving home..a couple of questions for those watching:

-Was Conroy on a yellow or was it a straight red for dissent?
-When summarising the match, Hawes mentioned a ‘significant injury’ to Iandolo in the first half, but Garner doesn’t appear to have been asked about it going off the summary above. What happened there?

Straight Red

Iandolo had his hand stamped on - likely sustained a dislocated or broken finger I would think - he was in a load of pain until half time

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:13:39 »

If you read the quote at the bottom of my posts, you will see that I fully agree.  Anyone is welcome to disagree

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:16:02 »

Seconded

Now, ain't that just like me?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:16:08 »

If you read the quote at the bottom of my posts, you will see that I fully agree.  Anyone is welcome to disagree

That was my point i agreed with your post but some will disagree which is fine as everyone can have an opinion.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:21:51 »

Todays attendances, two that stand out are 11,000 at West Brom & almost 25,000 at Charlton.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/202101211

So, give no fucks
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:25:18 »

Straight Red

Iandolo had his hand stamped on - likely sustained a dislocated or broken finger I would think - he was in a load of pain until half time
Cheers Berni
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:26:52 »

Just clarify, I’m joking. For those of us who’ve been around long enough to remember the dark days of the mid 80’s this week has been a ‘meh’ week. Nothing more nothing less. We move on, lick any wounds, have a look at the last two matches and learn from it. Bring on Walsall next week.

This in a nutshell.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:40:04 »

Agreed no need to over react. We were never going to win every away game. I do wish Garner would add a holding player ahead of Gladwin. Did Garner say something about Grant in his interview? Think I missed it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 18:40:46 »

That was my point i agreed with your post but some will disagree which is fine as everyone can have an opinion.

No they can’t. Especially on the political page 🤣🤣
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: