Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January reinforcements  (Read 11009 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:11:51 »

Has only played two EFL Cup games though - so how close he is to playing vs which quotas he meets and who else meets them in their squad I guess.

Just the sort of player we could do with.

Yes, wouldn't mind seeing him back in an environment where he would get some proper coaching with an opportunity to develop.
I'd imagine he would relish a chance to get that last loan spell out of the system regardless of where he ends up.

It's not soured the relationship with Brentford anyway.
Gilbert will do ok in the pro ranks I suspect.
A run of games would do him good, albeit he might not get them here as it stands.
Simpson might have been in the same boat if he had been playing second fiddle to the mythical "experienced" striker this season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:32:01 »

I think Gilbert will make a decent fist of a Football career, there is plenty of good to work on.  The issue he has had is influencing a game, he seems on the periphery for the most part.  I think he'd do well when played wide, which isn't going to happen here.  He gets a bit lost in the traffic in the middle.  I can well imagine him getting game time in the top two leagues in the coming years though.

I'd agree on a left back.
Another striker would be nice.
Assuming we continue to always play three central defenders, we could do with one with a bit of height.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 18:08:06 »

A lawyer to fight the FA/FL charges?

In all seriousness when you consider where BC/BG started from the fact that a) we are where we are and b) that we 'only' need the above to kick on is a massive tribute to what they achieved.
Totally. I would of been happy to stay up and have a viable club.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 15:31:14 »

Who knows what budget we will have? We could already be maxed out?

Gilbert was excellent first half in a home game earlier in the season. Colchester maybe?

But agree, most logical approach (unless he has a very good month) is to send Gilbert back and find another out and out striker on loan.

Think we have one loan space left? So a keeper in for Woolacott for Jan/Feb.

CB or LB would be nice, but we have enough cover to be competitive.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 18:07:00 »

We do have Mildenhall who has sat on the bench recently to save money on a GK loan and maybe leave the space for another player??
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 18:41:13 »

We do have Mildenhall who has sat on the bench recently to save money on a GK loan and maybe leave the space for another player??
Does he count as home grown?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 18:45:57 »

Does he count as home grown?
Can't see why not.

Sent from my SM-A125F
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 18:46:23 »

Not the only club with a striker berth

https://cumbriacrack.com/2021/11/25/if-anyone-has-any-names-let-me-know-carlisle-united-boss-happy-for-fans-to-suggest-new-faces-for-squad/

Sent from my SM-A125F
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 20:21:22 »

I hope Carlisle fans aren’t like ours otherwise all the managers getting is a list of players who’ve played for the club in the last 10 years and are still in the football league

Things get better but they never get good
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 23:29:17 »

When he has played in Gladwins role he has looked a lot better

I agree. I rate Gilbert quite highly and think he has a lot of technical ability. Currently he looks more suited to playing 'in the hole' behind McKirdy and Simpson. He doesn't look suited to playing up front. With Gladwin and Williams we don't need him.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 23:38:00 »

I think Gilbert is a decent player but I can't see a place for him. Not got enough about him for the first team at the moment. He isn't going to come on if we are chasing a game - He is behind Williams/Gladwin/JML there. He isn't coming on to hold a game either- Lyden/East/Grant  will do that. I don't see what us, Brentford or Gilbert himself are getting from him being here.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:31:40 »

LWB. I want to like Iandolo, and the boy has skillz, but he's too inconsistent.

A CB, for obvious reasons. Maybe two.

Another striker. Not just another 'forward', we have a shed load of those. I want another out and out striker to complement the big lad up top (who I like).   
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:46:17 »

LWB. I want to like Iandolo, and the boy has skillz, but he's too inconsistent.

A CB, for obvious reasons. Maybe two.

Another striker. Not just another 'forward', we have a shed load of those. I want another out and out striker to complement the big lad up top (who I like).   

Shrivvy and I both said that Iandolo was the weakest player in our first team a few weeks ago and got pelters for it, now the general consensus is that a LWB (along side a striker) should be our priority in January - funny how views change so quickly.

Totally agree with your assessment Flash.  Iandolo is a very handy squad player to have in there, but he is not to the level of the rest of the first 12/13 players..  If we are serious about having a go at climbing up the leagues, we need to be aiming at better.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:49:22 »

Iandolo definitely the weakest link. Imagine we had a player with the attacking flair of KKH on the left.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:52:07 »

I seem to recall that the left hand side of the field has been problematic for many teams over the years

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: