Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January reinforcements  (Read 11017 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 19:54:15 »

And funnily enough any good consistant ones at our level are quite rare. Maybe we'll get lucky and unearth a gem that no one else spots.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 09:35:42 »

Iandolo definitely the weakest link. Imagine we had a player with the attacking flair of KKH on the left.
I would genuinely try him on the left and hunt on the right
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 10:19:34 »

KKH may well benefit from cutting inside on his right than being an overlapping wingback as he is on the right.

It would be a different approach especially as Williams is great at playing the wing role on the left they could compliment each other.

LB/LWB has been our weakest position since Donohue left, Iandolo has some good games but they are interspersed with far more average or poor games, he is massively inconsistant and is a decent backup option but not good enough to claim the position.

Shrivvy and I both said that Iandolo was the weakest player in our first team a few weeks ago and got pelters for it, now the general consensus is that a LWB (along side a striker) should be our priority in January - funny how views change so quickly.
Not just you 2, I have taken a lot of abuse for suggesting that over the last 2 years from a couple of posters in particular.

Hes a solid squad player but thats his limit I am afraid. We need a good left back and if that means trying KKH in that role then who knows? with Crich back it would free Hunt to go back to RB, might be worth trialing it in the PJT on Tuesday in a game that is deemed not as important.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:15:23 »

Nah not for me. Hunt is a decent defender but not great going forward. We should be looking at signing an attacking, left footed full/wing back.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:18:35 »

I would have the young left back from Brentford back if he was available who looked good before Sheriden shot his confidence.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:22:57 »

I would have the young left back from Brentford back if he was available who looked good before Sheriden shot his confidence.
Hes been on the bench for almost every game for Brentfors this season in the Prem, hes a non starter.

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:31:40 »

In agreement with the three main positions that need filling the only difficulty I see is that they will need to hit the ground running as there will be little time to integrate into the system we are playing and young untried players will probably not be the answer. Have to assume Ben Chorley has players in mind providing they are not going to break the bank.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:32:36 »

Hes been on the bench for almost every game for Brentfors this season in the Prem, hes a non starter.

I didn't know that so definitely forget that one😅

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:36:48 »

Have to assume Ben Chorley has players in mind providing they are not going to break the bank.
In an interview yesterday with Garner and Rob Angus, Angus confirmed there is some play in the budget to bring in new recruits, although Garner stated vehemently that is very happy with his current attacking options and has no plans to add to them or send any loans back unless they are called back by their parent club.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 08:33:58 »

Shrivvy and I both said that Iandolo was the weakest player in our first team a few weeks ago and got pelters for it, now the general consensus is that a LWB (along side a striker) should be our priority in January - funny how views change so quickly.

Totally agree with your assessment Flash.  Iandolo is a very handy squad player to have in there, but he is not to the level of the rest of the first 12/13 players..  If we are serious about having a go at climbing up the leagues, we need to be aiming at better.

Of course you’re assuming everyone wants another LB/LWB type to replace Iandolo.
Personally speaking I suggested we need another player in that position because we have no depth there.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 09:31:51 »

Of course you’re assuming everyone wants another LB/LWB type to replace Iandolo.
Personally speaking I suggested we need another player in that position because we have no depth there.

Of course I'm not.  Still doesn't change my point though.  Iandolo is the weakest player in the starting team, and if we are serious about climbing up the leagues we need better than him not a back up for him.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 13:34:06 »

The key thing will be and will be the decider on the type of player we get in is if Clem & Angus decide it is worthwhile paying off the FA loan to be able to expand the wages that are paid.

We have players out of contract at the end of the season that we will want to tie down, and they may need to be paid a little more that the £1200 a week we are currently able to pay so there is that consideration also, they may not want to leave it until the end of the season when other clubs may start sniffing around.

Or will we be able to turn any loans into permanents ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: