Williams - 16 (35.6%)
Simpson - 1 (2.2%)
McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Crichlow - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Harrogate T MoM  (Read 2883 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 16:58:58 »

If only we could play with more intensity in the first 75 minutes at home. Patchy performance, but one or two - well two in my view - stayed on their game throughout.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:17:54 »

Payne for me. Works so hard and his control was unbelievable today.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:18:59 »

Think it was Payne but he’s wasted with how deep he plays at times!
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:25:11 »

The ref?

Yes, I'm bitter
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:47:25 »

Williams for me, always available and wanted the ball, made a few decent runs, and tried to influence things when going forward.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:53:05 »

not sure. Payne was good but made a fair few wayward passes.

Williams took a while to get into it

I'm going to go with whoever the defender was that put an ice hockey style side block to save a certain goal.

who was it?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 18:11:29 »

Going to be a bit controversial in saying that I thought Williams wasn't that great today. He had one or two little runs, but he didn't look up for it today to me.

At the back I thought Wollacott's distribution and decision making was very poor. He made a couple of good saves though. I thought Conroy made one excellent tackle and was poor apart from that. Hunt's positioning was bad in the first half for the goal. Odimayo did OK. KKH was beaten black and blue by Diamond and their number 4. Iandolo blew hot and cold and looked very limited when he did get into the game. Dont think he would have scored even if he hadn't been fouled at the end! Heavy touch, which I think influenced the ref into thinking he dived.

Reed had his worst game for a while - He wasn't influential at all. Much like Gladwin, who was exceedingly poor today.

Simpson hustled and bustled, but his control and passing is poor. His heading isn't great and his anticipation lacking. He was trying hard, as he does every week.

McKirdy livened things a little, but I don't think he had a great game. JML earned the soft penalty, but offered less than KKH down the right. Crichlow wasn't on for long enough.

So, that leaves me with Payne. He tried and his approach play was good. Some of the dribbling was superb and the level of composure shown to put the penalty low and in the corner of the net was awesome. However, there were a number of other chances that he squandered by taking too many touches and/or showing lack of a clinical edge. But, all things considered, I think he probably deserves MotM, but not with his best ever performance.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 18:11:42 »

Williams for me followed by Payne.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 18:32:29 »

What's frustrating is we have the ability in the locker but we tend to keep it locked away for the first 70 minutes. Why?

Worst ref to date, he did well coz we have had some shite.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 19:41:03 »

Payne then Williams then daylight.

Reed's worst game for us - would've like to have seen Lyden come on for him. Maybe Reed has enough credit in the bank to stay on even when he plays like that or maybe Lyden isn't match fit enough to dictate games yet, but on paper it's a shame Garner didn't make that switch.

Gladwin, KKH and Iandolo all offered very little going forwards, apart from when once in the first half when KKH cut inside (would like to see us try that more to be more unpredictable) and the Iandolo pen that wasn't.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 21:00:33 »

The ref?

Yes, I'm bitter

He bottled that decision.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 21:07:27 »

Reed's worst game for us - would've like to have seen Lyden come on for him. Maybe Reed has enough credit in the bank to stay on even when he plays like that or maybe Lyden isn't match fit enough to dictate games yet, but on paper it's a shame Garner didn't make that switch.

Gladwin, KKH and Iandolo all offered very little going forwards, apart from when once in the first half when KKH cut inside (would like to see us try that more to be more unpredictable) and the Iandolo pen that wasn't.

Agreed on Reed today... was uncharacteristically poor on the ball. Been my POTS so far though
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 21:17:38 »

before daylight i would include odimayo. i think he had another solid game and can't remember any glaring errors
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 09:40:46 »

Agreed on Reed today... was uncharacteristically poor on the ball. Been my POTS so far though
At home he seems to be poorer, needs help in the middle
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 10:12:13 »

Gladwin and Reed were both very poor yesterday we were overloaded in the middle at times, Harrogate played a shithouse game but they pressed us really high and it worked for the most part.

Reed has had a few poor games recently but hes still a very good player at this level but he needs help in the middle at times, Garner doesn't seem to rate Grant so that could be down to beinging Lyden in for some games at the expense of one of the more attacking midfielders.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: