Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Turnstile Issues  (Read 10193 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:30:53 »

Re the QR codes, I was at Blackpool Pleasure beach a month or so ago and to get on any rides had to scan the codes. At almost every bloody scanner it was a right palava to get the QR code scanned and I had to have the brightness turned right up. Could it be for the QR code to be scanned your brightness on your phone may need adjusting?

It sounds like a right fucking pain to get into the CG at the moment, I'm going to try and get down for the Walsall game on the 18th, what is the easiest way to get a ticket and into the ground at the moment then?

Admittedly, they are a different type of scanner there , but I didn’t have any trouble with the GWR ticket QR code being read from my phone at the train station on Saturday.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:36:57 »

They get 72k into the Mercedes Benz Stadium here quite rapidly using QR code scanners and mobile phones (no printing allowed).  It is also a cashless stadium (they do have machines to deposit cash into though, onto a card/phone, it just avoids the servers having to handle any cash and change).

They do not have turnstiles in the walls like UK grounds though, they have a long row of the basic revolving ones with scanners before you get to the entrance of the ground itself, sort of surrounding the entrances.  Allows hundreds to be processed at the same time.  Very effective and manned by a limited crew for those who do struggle. They also have metal scanners prior to that, and it all moves rather quite smoothly vs. my experiences of getting into the CG even before technology was introduced.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 16:32:27 »

Re the QR codes, I was at Blackpool Pleasure beach a month or so ago and to get on any rides had to scan the codes. At almost every bloody scanner it was a right palava to get the QR code scanned and I had to have the brightness turned right up. Could it be for the QR code to be scanned your brightness on your phone may need adjusting?

It sounds like a right fucking pain to get into the CG at the moment, I'm going to try and get down for the Walsall game on the 18th, what is the easiest way to get a ticket and into the ground at the moment then?
Easiest way to get a ticket - online (which in my experience is extremely simple)
Easiest way to get into the ground (dig a tunnel). Seriously though, there isn’t one other than get there as early as possible - certainly by 14:30.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 16:41:27 »

Easiest way to get a ticket - online (which in my experience is extremely simple)
Easiest way to get into the ground (dig a tunnel). Seriously though, there isn’t one other than get there as early as possible - certainly by 14:30.

Thanks for the feedback. I usually like to get into the ground as close to kick off as possible but given this information I think I'll make the exception and get in early.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 19:01:49 »

Nothing to do with brightness, tried that.  The code is being read but isn't working.

It feels like a software or system admin issue to me, as a load of season tickets and match day passes suddenly said "expired".  If it wasn't being read then it would say "invalid" or just ignore it
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 19:28:47 »

they really need to get something released before Saturday to show that they have a plan to either fix it or help people get in quicker.

anyone with a twitter fancy nudging the official account?
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 20:13:40 »

A few of my lot had their season tickets “expired” last night. It was a shambles and has been since the start of the season tbh. I can’t imagine it’ll be much different this coming Saturday however we then have a 3 week gap until the next home game, surely they can sort something out in that time!!! It needs sorting before the winter weather really kicks in, we were on the grass outside the DRS & I almost tripped on a tree root (as I couldn’t see it) & then the leafs were covering the curb! I dread to think what could happen especially with the elder folk (no offence intended with that comment).
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 21:04:21 »

The club do not see it as an issue with the scanners. They say its the cards.
What ??, All 4,000 of them ??.  Besides, didn't they issue them anyway !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 22:48:55 »

We had the same issue in the Arkells - we have cards and the scanner read them and the message “expired” came up - steward with master let us in. We were there early,  and in our seats by 7 or soon after, but with work many people may have less flexibility with the time on a Tuesday evening. Some around us got in after kick off and said it was very crowded outside .
It ought to be being sorted soon.
On Saturdays, people need to realise they have t9 leave the pub at 2.15 rather than 2.45!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 11:07:56 »

This isn't the issue with google pay on my phone working once out of about 7 goes this season. Googlepay automatically turns the brightness right up when you open the ticket.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 11:22:36 »

I cant even get Google Pay working to download the ticket. Have always printed it out, never had any issues with a printed copy (other than helping to destroy the planet, obviously)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 11:56:41 »

I cant even get Google Pay working to download the ticket. Have always printed it out, never had any issues with a printed copy (other than helping to destroy the planet, obviously)

I had a similar issue initially but I forwarded the email containing the link from my main email account to a separate gmail account that I have. I was then able to dowload it to Google Pay OK.  Not that it works with the CG scanners at the moment, though!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 14:03:49 »

I can't seem to get google pay working either so just did a screenshot and saved it in my favourites. This is something the new owners have introduced though- i guess the scanning technology is the same in terms of card and phone image. i wonder if power went round with some wire snippers on leaving day
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 18:51:24 »

Statement now on website.

Sent from my SM-A125F
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, November 25, 2021, 22:07:49 »

Maybe I’m missing something but there’s a pretty simple solution to this, issue everyone with paper tickets with tearable stubs until you know it’s fixed. You don’t trial fixes on supporters on match days FFS as it’s a recipe for disaster as we’ve seen. You can test the system in parallel when fixes are made by letting the turnstiles operator scan the torn stub without inconveniencing supporters if there’s an issue. Not rocket science and as with everything sometimes you just need to go back to basics!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: