Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bradford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33164 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 13:42:05 »

We have no tactics. We have a style. That will not change - come what may.
We are too bloody predictable!  A side that comes to the CG with a mindset of a high press and being a bit physical will always beat us it seems
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 14:13:31 »

We are too bloody predictable!  A side that comes to the CG with a mindset of a high press and being a bit physical will always beat us it seems

The physical bit is a laugh because every time we challenge a big player in a tackle we get penalised or carded.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 15:32:38 »

Exactly- this is spot on. Until we can adapt then we won’t pick up many points at home sadly
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 15:52:07 »

I went for the first time in 2 years, was great to be there, actually being there aside...

What frustrated me most was only once did we try to find one of McKirdy's many, many runs and that was well overhit by Gladwin.  I get that often they're dummy runs but if you never try to find one then the opposition know they need not track him as there is no jeopardy.

It was obvious having two defensive FBs wasn't doing it for us, no attacking output from them at all, odd decision at home.

Pogba's red card yesterday looked nowhere near as bad as the one on KKH down by their fans from the TE, he was well out of control of that challenge and looked a red to me, obviously the ref thought otherwise.  Should have been at least 2 yellows for them by the time their GK was booked for time wasting.

Brilliant penalty from Payne for our consolation.

Looking forward to Oldham where we'll likely do much better.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 16:43:16 »

The physical bit is a laugh because every time we challenge a big player in a tackle we get penalised or carded.
Wd love to see Granty back - he's such a pro when it comes to tackling and earning free kicks whenever challenged.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 09:04:13 »

The quality of our play notwithstanding, Saturday was yet another example of the high quality officiating that we are blessed with at The County Ground........
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 09:26:48 »

The quality of our play notwithstanding, Saturday was yet another example of the high quality officiating that we are blessed with at The County Ground........
Every season I think it can't possibly get worse, and then, bang, it does indeed get worse.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 09:51:08 »

Every season I think it can't possibly get worse, and then, bang, it does indeed get worse.

Honestly can't remember a game I've watched this season where I've walked away and thought "the ref was good today."
Peter Venkman

« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 09:59:01 »

Honestly can't remember a game I've watched this season where I've walked away and thought "the ref was good today."
Yep ever since the first game at Scunthorpe they have been universally awful, missing simple and what appears to be blatantly obvious decisions, and not giving us free kicks when it was an obvious foul.

I do wonder if some teams are deliberatly targetted for not being given free kicks because of a track record of going to ground too easily in a challenge?

I do think some of our players go to ground way too easily, Payne, KKH and JML are 3 off the top of my head where I have thought, no need to go to ground so eagerly, maybe refs are aware of that and tar our whole team with the same brush?

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 10:04:22 »

I recently heard a very credible explanation for the deterioration in reffing standards - I think it may even have been by Ben Garner - saying that the need for additional VAR officials at the top end of the game has pulled more of them out of the EFL, so more non-league refs have had to be promoted in a hurry. Clearly beyond their level of competence in some cases.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 10:04:23 »

I heard a valid point at the weekend, can't remember where (might have been in the commentary) that the introduction of VAR has affected the standard of refereeing in the lower leagues..  Because they need more officials now for every Prem match, all refs have automatically been promoted up to fill the gap, so we are seeing referees that would normally be reffing in NL fastracked to League football, possibly before they are ready.

Makes sense..

EDIT: Great minds RF Cheesy

Has anyone ever seen Red Frog and me in the same room at the same time...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 10:06:37 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 10:05:07 »

Yep ever since the first game at Scunthorpe they have been universally awful, missing simple and what appears to be blatantly obvious decisions, and not giving us free kicks when it was an obvious foul.

I do wonder if some teams are deliberatly targetted for not being given free kicks because of a track record of going to ground too easily in a challenge?

I do think some of our players go to ground way too easily, Payne, KKH and JML are 3 off the top of my head where I have thought, no need to go to ground so eagerly, maybe refs are aware of that and tar our whole team with the same brush?

Could be. The thing that's got me the most about the refs is the indecisiveness. So many times they deliberate / change their mind on a decision which then turns out to be the wrong decision? It's bizarre.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 10:07:28 »

Havent read back.

Didnt go and 4D took my ST and jinxed it.

Why are we so fucking crap at home??

Frustrating....

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 10:11:33 »

I recently heard a very credible explanation for the deterioration in reffing standards - I think it may even have been by Ben Garner - saying that the need for additional VAR officials at the top end of the game has pulled more of them out of the EFL, so more non-league refs have had to be promoted in a hurry. Clearly beyond their level of competence in some cases.
It was actually Ross Embleton on the BBC pre game on Saturday. Who I thought spoke really well and very intelligently, far superior to Dave "the jinxing moaner" Hockaday.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 10:15:37 »

It was actually Ross Embleton on the BBC pre game on Saturday. Who I thought spoke really well and very intelligently, far superior to Dave "the jinxing moaner" Hockaday.

Ah yes, he gave much better insights, like the one above. To think that anyone thought for a moment that Hockaday was fit to manage Leeds.  Roll Eyes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: