Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bradford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33926 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 16:44:23 »

Garner is annoying we slightly with the same rhetoric no difference between home and away.

There is a glaringly obvious difference and that is usually the visiting away team will set up different to the way they would play at home. we can’t just keep saying we will play our own style if it doesn’t work.

has Simpson ever had a good game at home? He is isolated. Away from home completely different.

I know we don’t have many options in terms of strikers but we have to find a new way to get this team playing at home.

Garner was right in the game was lot by the goals in the first half. No way were we ever going to get back. We didn’t look like scoring before they scored
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 16:47:25 »

I missed the attendance figure? How many?

9400 I think it was.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 16:53:09 »

First game in nearly 2 years for me.

That was shit
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 16:54:32 »

Don't agree with Garner at all. We were poor. 72% possession and nothing to show for it is the problem. Soft goals against didn't help but if we hadn't conceded those first two we still wouldn't have won that game. That's the problem, we need to be more attacking at home. Williams was showing some effort, that was the problem for most when  he got taken off.

Looked disorganized when Williams went off, that's another problem for Garners to solve.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:14:40 »

The first half was very poor after they scored. Though we didn't create much before, we looked nearly dangerous if that makes sense.

Second half from what I watched was a lot better in tempo, but Bradford still held reasonably comfortably .

We've been brilliant away. Just can't seem to adjust at home.

I thought baudry did ok today. Crichlow I hope it's nothing serious
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:15:41 »

Quote from: Quagmire
I missed the attendance figure? How many?
9400 I think it was.

yeah, just over 9000 town. 400 odd bradford
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:20:28 »

oh, and having read the Garner comments , I thought Williams was just coming into it when he went off

that said, it's difficult to guage on ifollow. do the sports bras give real time info?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:27:20 »

For all the positivity, we drain it in when we play at home. No need to over do it though. We’re so obviously missing key ingredients (left side, another striker, and another option at left back to compete with Iandolo) and Chorley will be able to see that. 
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:29:51 »

Got done tactically in the first half. Everyone else has tried to press us but Bradford sat off with the back 5 and hit us on the counter with big gaps between midfield and defence (really could have done with Grant).

With their back 5, we had completely the wrong full backs. At least Garner got KKH on at half time but it was too late.

Tyreece is a good talent but my god we need another number 9 in January. Simpson might prove more effective coming on for the last 20 knowing he doesn't have to conserve his energy for the whole game.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:31:57 »

The season is going to go 1 of 2 ways.

Our home form will pick up and we’ll make the autos.

Our away form will taper off and we’ll slide down to mid table mediocrity.

Somebody said it earlier. Garner is trying to accommodate too many ‘luxury’ players who if they aren’t on their game they contribute very little.

It’s calling out for Grant and Reed to play together.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:43:19 »

Grant is done

Nothing to see here
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:48:52 »

We new at the start of season we needed Striker and that's more obvious now .Simson cannot win the ball in the  air or hold the ball up to bring others into play which is needed against a packed defence.

ome on you reds
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:50:54 »

Do you mean Garner is done with Grant or that Grant no longer has ‘it’.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:51:45 »

The first half was very poor after they scored. Though we didn't create much before, we looked nearly dangerous if that makes sense.

Second half from what I watched was a lot better in tempo, but Bradford still held reasonably comfortably .

We've been brilliant away. Just can't seem to adjust at home.

I thought baudry did ok today. Crichlow I hope it's nothing serious

I said to Jutty, we looked dangerous in our own half.
REDBUCK

« Reply #404 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 17:51:50 »

The season is going to go 1 of 2 ways.

Our home form will pick up and we’ll make the autos.

Our away form will taper off and we’ll slide down to mid table mediocrity.

Somebody said it earlier. Garner is trying to accommodate too many ‘luxury’ players who if they aren’t on their game they contribute very little.

It’s calling out for Grant and Reed to play together.

So out of interest what formation are you playing to fit those two in, who are you droping from todays team and is that just for home games.

At home i think we need two solid players up front playing as a pair. Mckirdy is just too hit and miss.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: