Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 24548 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:28:04 »

At19 years old he’d be a great prospect to develop. I’d sign him in a heartbeat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:29:18 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
At19 years old he’d be a great prospect to develop. I’d sign him in a heartbeat.

he's got bags of potential. would certainly take a punt on him, but not break the bank
REDBUCK

« Reply #362 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:47:49 »

And, of course, when we got desperate towards the end the goal came about from a hopeful cross into the box where we had loads of players lurking - and none of them needed to be giants! Intricate passing as our primary Plan A was put firmly in its place!

So the intricate passing from left to right and back again in the build up to move a packed defence about followed  by Iandolo and Gladwin to change the angle, a cross to the back post where KKH had overloaded, exactly what he was bought on to do i suspect, had nothing to do with it.

Hardly a hopefull punt in to the box. Still just another view
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 12:17:34 »

My only concern with Simpson is he seems to not want to jump to challenge for headers, which is a shame as he’s a big unit and I think he needs more confidence to use his strength. Definitely a works in progress and one for the future.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 12:24:04 »

Yesterday much more experienced players were to blame, Conroy Illandalo McKirdy and Payne and Simpson were really poor for me and much more responsible for the draw than Simpson was

There is a reason over the last few years our players prefer playing away and think it's time the fans starting looking at ourselves in this, so fucking negative
We had over 9,000 fans yesterday and that was for a team that has only managed a single home win so far. If you are right? Over sensitive players should look around at other teams that play before 2,000 to 6,000. Tough life being a football player. The atmosphere, like the game was spasmodic, some good some bad. Any player that can't handle criticism and adulation in equal measure, probably isn't in the right job.
As I said earlier, this season is shaping up for a good away side but a poor home side. This is ok, we will survive the season and still be a 4th division team next year and that was perfectly acceptable a few months ago.
What this will do is affect the attendance, then the honeymoon period is over and a lot of goodwill, lost

Or Garner will tweak things in the January window and we will kick on!
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 13:45:22 by pantomime dame » Logged

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 12:25:52 »

We had over 9,000 fans yesterday and that was for a team that has only managed a single home win so far. If you are right? Over sensitive players should look around at other teams that play before 2,000 to 6,000. Tough life being a football player. The atmosphere, like the game was spasmodic, some good some bad. Any player that can't handle criticism and adulation in equal measure, probably isn't in the right job.
As I said earlier, this season is shaping up for a good away side but a poor home side. This is ok, we will survive the season and still be a 4th division team next year and that was perfectly acceptable a few months ago.
What this will do is affect the attendance, then the honeymoon period is over and a lot of goodwill, lost

Or Garner will tweak things in the January window and we will kick on!

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 12:45:49 »

Simpson is inconsistent. He’s young & raw. He’s had good games and bad games - for the most part - that’s what people on here seem to be saying in regards to Simpson.

Iandolo seems more a scapegoat to me.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 12:54:41 »

My only concern with Simpson is he seems to not want to jump to challenge for headers, which is a shame as he’s a big unit and I think he needs more confidence to use his strength. Definitely a works in progress and one for the future.
He has strong upper body strength. Probably not conducive to vertical take off!

Just out of interest, have we scored any headed goals this season.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 13:20:33 »

He has strong upper body strength. Probably not conducive to vertical take off!

Just out of interest, have we scored any headed goals this season.

What he means is.

Match
Date
Teams
Time of goal
Passes
Assists
Which end the goal was scores
Attendance
Names and addresses of attendees
How much the gate receipts were
% split cash v card

Otherwise it could get confusing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 13:33:59 »

Wtf you on about.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 13:45:40 »

What are you dribbling on about?  If we keep up the current form we will be in the play offs.  There are no doubt areas we can improve on but we are 6th and won 3 and drawn 1 in our last 4 games scoring 10 and conceding 4.

Hardly survival form
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 13:58:05 »

Wtf you on about.

Pulling your chain, if that’s ok?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 14:02:01 »

You’re a sensitive soul!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #373 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 14:21:42 »

not at all.

just pointing out he was poor yesterday and isn't a target man for a keeper to go long to.

if that makes him a scapegoat then .. well it doesn't.
There are plenty of others making him one, my comment was a generic comment not aimed at anyone individual
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 14:31:42 »

You’re a sensitive soul!

au contraire
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: