Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 24546 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 15:00:44 »

Looking forward to this for various reasons, one is for the life of me I can't remember if I've ever seen Town v Rochdale. If so one of the few I haven't seen.
This is surely a home win banker? We're doing well away, just need that to rub off at home.

I'll go 2-1 Town. Att: 8,822 (184 away)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 16:15:41 »

On the train for this one and a few beers with 4 non Swindon fans.
They will be blown away by Garnerball.
Looking forward to it as always.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 16:25:06 »

Looking forward to this for various reasons, one is for the life of me I can't remember if I've ever seen Town v Rochdale.
I can never forgive Rochdale and the fat wanker striker Steve Johnson for ending Jimmy Allans great career by basically flattening him from a corner and shattering his left arm way back in 1983.

One of THE worst challenges I have ever seen in person, poor Jimmy can barely move his arm even now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 16:27:49 »

While I had been to games before that one, it's the first game I remember watching sat in the wooden seats in the Shrivy Rd stand.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 16:28:05 »

On the train for this one and a few beers with 4 non Swindon fans.
They will be blown away by Garnerball.
Looking forward to it as always.

You sadistic bastard. 🤣🤣
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 10:02:03 »

Got my ticket, seems quite a number left. Thought with the last few games people might have been more up for it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 10:10:49 »

I can never forgive Rochdale and the fat wanker striker Steve Johnson for ending Jimmy Allans great career by basically flattening him from a corner and shattering his left arm way back in 1983.

One of THE worst challenges I have ever seen in person, poor Jimmy can barely move his arm even now.

Remember it well in front of the TE.
He was in some pain.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 10:26:57 »

Remember it well in front of the TE.
He was in some pain.
It was mate, right in front of me stood in the Town End that day, horrific. Johnson was always a massive thug of a player.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 11:24:23 »

Rochdale are currently in a run of 5 losses in a row (in all comps) and 7 games since their last win they have failed to score in the last 4 games. They sit in 18th place with 3 wins and 5 defeats in their first 11 league games, scoring 12 goals and conceding 14 so far.

No player has scored more than 2 goals so far this term for them.

Its well documented the problems at the club currently with takeovers coming and going and nothing happening so far on that front, but luckily they dodged a bullet with the last ownership battle with a certain Curran.

Several of their fans saying they won't put another penny into their club with the new owner in charge! understandable with it being the man who almost bankrupted Charlton and who took illegal payments for players he was an agent for while owning Charlton and much more shit! And we thought we had it bad with Power!

On the pitch Rochdale have only once ever won a game at Swindon in 2014 and only once got a draw back in 2011 with Swindon winning the other 9 meetings between the teams at the CG scoring 26 times and conceding 10, a win ratio of over 80%.

Swindon to suffer a single goal defeat in front of 9,145 fans with 76 Dale fans there.

harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 11:30:53 »

First game since the lockdown and since my son was born in Sept. Looking forward to it. Its going to be 0-0 isn't it?  Cheesy
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 11:34:43 »

We really need to improve our home form and this seems like the perfect opportunity to start doing it. It feels like we'll go full Swindon and lose doesn't it? I imagine Rochdale will sit back and frustrate us so hopefully we can continue on from the past few games.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 12:00:43 »

We really need to improve our home form and this seems like the perfect opportunity to start doing it. It feels like we'll go full Swindon and lose doesn't it? I imagine Rochdale will sit back and frustrate us so hopefully we can continue on from the past few games.
3 of their last 4 defeats ended in 1-0 defeats the other at Bradford finished a 2-0 defeat they don't concede many, only Harrogate have scored 3 goals against them in the league and that was on the opening day of the season.

They have been playing with 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders sat in front of that defence, they will be very hard to break down.

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 12:02:38 »

Hopefully they'll do a Rovers.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 14:24:31 »

2-0 home win.