Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Papa John’s Tournament???  (Read 65204 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Saturday, November 13, 2021, 22:44:52 »

My views on this cup are slowly swaying. the introduction of u21 was disgusting BUT this season more than ever highlights how much these tournaments help the club with money. Getting through the rounds and getting decent crowds in general for this cup is a good cash boost.

now that the money is seemingly ours instead of a power type person I feel much more engaged. We also seem to have the squad to compete in it without effecting our league campaign.

winning things is awesome. I still remember the area final and the buzz of getting to Wembley. I miss it and want it back with this current set up.

I would always want to success in the league over this and the moment it looks like it's affecting it I would want out.

As well as the moment an u21 gets to the final/wins it.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 08:16:13 »

My views on this cup are slowly swaying. the introduction of u21 was disgusting BUT this season more than ever highlights how much these tournaments help the club with money. Getting through the rounds and getting decent crowds in general for this cup is a good cash boost.

now that the money is seemingly ours instead of a power type person I feel much more engaged. We also seem to have the squad to compete in it without effecting our league campaign.

winning things is awesome. I still remember the area final and the buzz of getting to Wembley. I miss it and want it back with this current set up.

I would always want to success in the league over this and the moment it looks like it's affecting it I would want out.

As well as the moment an u21 gets to the final/wins it.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t like the introduction of the U21 teams but winning creates positivity, it brings in money and gives us a chance to test fringe players and hopefully entice young fans to come back (esp with the slightly earlier kick offs).

I hope the rest of you can appreciate this perspective and get yourselves and others through the turnstiles to continue adding to the positivity of this season and new era.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 09:11:02 »

nope. absolutely not.

I can appreciate the prize money cash. But I'm never going to this competition.

I've given what i can to the club, including waving refunds, buying merchandise I wouldn't normally and renewing an u18 season ticket that will be used a handful of times.

guilt trips won't work
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #558 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 09:26:33 »

When the squad rules are the same for every club that takes part I'll be interested.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 09:38:01 »

I wonder why all the premiership clubs don't have their own version

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #560 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 10:02:45 »

I enjoy watching the fringe players in action, and its part of the iFollow season ticket so I will carry on watching.

If I lived much nearer Swindon and actually went to most/every home game then I doubt very much I would bother going. My mood to this competition has been easing recently as well, its a good chance of extra income and it IS a 1st team fixture despite what some fans may have decided.

Wembley is a long long way off so couldn't even call that until a lot closer but after the last forrays there under PdC and Cooper I am less eager to attend in person.

There is some good prize money on offer though so the longer we are in this the better IMO and Garner seems to like it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 10:05:24 »

Another plus is that fringe players actually get a game in front of a couple of thousand fans.

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 10:11:32 »

nope. absolutely not.

I can appreciate the prize money cash. But I'm never going to this competition.

I've given what i can to the club, including waving refunds, buying merchandise I wouldn't normally and renewing an u18 season ticket that will be used a handful of times.

guilt trips won't work
This !!!,   Hundreds others agree, I'll do whatever I can to support the club but in no way will I ever support this tinpot cup whilst U21& U23 teams are permitted to participate.  End of.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 10:17:28 »

Abolish under 23 teams full stop pointless exercise playing behind closed doors when you could be in a first team elsewhere getting your career on track.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #564 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 10:22:36 »

Abolish under 23 teams full stop pointless exercise playing behind closed doors when you could be in a first team elsewhere getting your career on track.
U21s this season!

Yes just abolish any age limit to the Premier teams so they can play any fringe players they want, much like the League Cup has turned into now, problem solved. Even if the Prem teams CHOOSE to play U21s or U23 then thats up to them but don't make it a proviso of the competition.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 10:25:38 »

Yes spot on JJ

So, give no fucks
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 11:44:44 »

Thin end of the wedge for me. Like Franchise. You have to draw the line somewhere. For me this tournament has crossed the line. Stop fucking around with our football. Fully respect others views though. Would I go if we got to the final? mmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 13:14:20 »

A return to the proper JPT format would see me go again, i.e. no premier League teams.

if it's not viable without them, it's not for me.

That reserves have to rely on this to get a game is ridiculous. we are limited by how many we can play given we have to field a number of first team players anyway.

we can literally field weaker teams in the fa cup and League cup without issue. it's stupid.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 14:27:19 »

I always enjoyed watching Football Combination matches in the past, and this competition is much better than nothing.

ust be the oldest
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 14:36:43 »

Same here I also used to enjoy watching the combination games as there were often top players on display from the big London teams who were recovering from injury or just out of favour. The problem now is that there's are too many players at clubs who don't get any actual games.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: