Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46607 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 12:01:56 »

Grant is pretty much the only player in the squad that brings something we are severly lacking quite often, that little bit of guile and nastiness..  as well as it has gone so far, we are sometimes too nice against certain opposition.  Whether he was avaialble or not, Port Vale was a perfect example of a game that Grant was very much needed in - we were bullied and harassed, and Grant when he is playing well is a perfect foil in that situation.
Spot on. Even if its bring him on for the last 20 mins if we are trying to hold onto a lead.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 13:31:18 »

Grant is pretty much the only player in the squad that brings something we are severly lacking quite often, that little bit of guile and nastiness..  as well as it has gone so far, we are sometimes too nice against certain opposition.  Whether he was avaialble or not, Port Vale was a perfect example of a game that Grant was very much needed in - we were bullied and harassed, and Grant when he is playing well is a perfect foil in that situation.

This.

In retrospect, last season under the tw*t of a manager we had did him no good either as he was playing when injured and the lack of fitness has to my mind carried on into this season a bit and allied to his age he is not the player of three years ago. That being said he would always be in my squad purely for the reasons Berniman states.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 14:07:22 »

The game will be shown in the Legends Lounge. Bar open from 10.30am!

Not sure my mrs will be happy.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 14:17:03 »

I've stupidly booked a flu jab on Saturday  Bad Mood
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 16:15:43 »

Not sure my mrs will be happy.

Mine is happy to kick us out.😂
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 19:47:15 »

200 tickets left
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 00:38:44 »

Surely we have to sell out there?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 07:43:21 »

Surely we have to sell out there?

If we didn’t that would be a poor showing.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 08:07:47 »

200 tickets left

TBF they only went on general sale yesterday, plenty of time to shift 200.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 11:11:47 »

As per duke's post, the 5 are confirmed missing
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 11:29:54 »

Checked and saw Ghana is not on the red list as far as I’m aware… so only miss JJ for this weekend?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 11:35:24 »

Checked and saw Ghana is not on the red list as far as I’m aware… so only miss JJ for this weekend?

I think Zimbabwe might be though. Looks like Ghana are playing in Harare on Tuesday. Think he misses 4 matches in total as he has to quarantine.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 11:35:50 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/five-on-international-duty-for-town/

The five will miss this Saturday's televised fixture against Forest Green Rovers and our trip to Plymouth Argyle in the Papa John's Trophy on Tuesday night, and we'll keep fans up to date on when each player is expected to return to SN1
------+--

haven't the government recently fudged things for international sport
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 12:30:56 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/five-on-international-duty-for-town/

The five will miss this Saturday's televised fixture against Forest Green Rovers and our trip to Plymouth Argyle in the Papa John's Trophy on Tuesday night, and we'll keep fans up to date on when each player is expected to return to SN1
------+--

haven't the government recently fudged things for international sport
Farce.

Also would love to know if clubs such as ours are getting compensation or wages paid for this especially the quarantine period....

Oh and if we can't call Saturday off due to Sky, why aren't we calling Tuesday's match against Plymouth off as all 5 will be missing for that as well!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 12:39:45 by theakston2k » Logged
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 12:49:11 »

I am not overly familiar with "call ups" but I think it is a positive that there are a number of players in the organization that are worthy of being recognized by their home countries and are skilled.  but i can see it also sucks to lose those players when the games still count.  Get off to a good start, players are playing well on your team and then you lose them.  doesn't happen in american sports other than soccer i guess. 

Hopefully there are some players that will take this as an opportunity and make the most of it and show what they can do and get the victory!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: