Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46584 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:02:24 »

Why you!!  Head Hurts Angry

Oh come on, lighten up. I’ve a face like a hamster today with a throbbing tooth abscess. I needed something to make me smile. If it helps, I don’t really like that either amongst other modern parlance. And to think I was accused (not by you) of not getting irony.

I really had not seen we tried to get out of the match so I assume we signed some form of contract with Sky?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:05:15 »

Where does Lyden come into this, as well? It wouldn’t surprise me to see Grant leave in January.

If Lyden was fit I can see we could let Grant move*. But he never is for more than a month or so.

* I don't think Grant is done yet, but...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:17:53 »

If Lyden was fit I can see we could let Grant move*. But he never is for more than a month or so.

* I don't think Grant is done yet, but...

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:20:08 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19625509.ben-garner-explains-reasons-anthony-grant-omission-bristol-rovers/

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:25:08 »

There you go. All clear now.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:49:13 »

I’ve also been thinking about our, touches wood, lack of injuries so far. I’d presume the majority of injuries are sustained as a result of physical contact and the fact that our possession stats are high and we don’t seem like a team to get stuck in has resulted in players steering clear. I’m guessing here, but has Conroy ever played 10 consecutive games before?

The club has made heavy investment in the medical side that was severely lacking before apparently. Sports science etc etc. Can't be a coincidence that we do have a much cleaner bill of health injury wise than we have had for a long time. Conroy's fitness and run of games the perfect example.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:50:49 »

Oh come on, lighten up. I’ve a face like a hamster today with a throbbing tooth abscess. I needed something to make me smile. If it helps, I don’t really like that either amongst other modern parlance. And to think I was accused (not by you) of not getting irony.

I really had not seen we tried to get out of the match so I assume we signed some form of contract with Sky?

Sorry my message appeared to be lost in translation/emojis. It was supposed to be a light hearted note LL. I think I was a winky face away from making that clear.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 11:01:36 »

I dont know why all leagues just have an international break regardless. Would stop all this crap
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 11:01:46 »

The club has made heavy investment in the medical side that was severely lacking before apparently. Sports science etc etc. Can't be a coincidence that we do have a much cleaner bill of health injury wise than we have had for a long time. Conroy's fitness and run of games the perfect example.

Why you have to jinx it, that's Conroy out for the season now!  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 11:08:27 »

The game will be shown in the Legends Lounge. Bar open from 10.30am!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 11:15:31 »

It makes perfect sense to me if i am honest.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 11:19:49 »

Apart from not being on the bench - just in case.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 11:22:51 »

Apart from not being on the bench - just in case.
Thats my main complaint, not bringing him back in is fine, but to have East in front of him on the bench does not make sense to me.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 11:23:40 »

Word
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 11:49:50 »

Grant is pretty much the only player in the squad that brings something we are severly lacking quite often, that little bit of guile and nastiness..  as well as it has gone so far, we are sometimes too nice against certain opposition.  Whether he was avaialble or not, Port Vale was a perfect example of a game that Grant was very much needed in - we were bullied and harassed, and Grant when he is playing well is a perfect foil in that situation.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: