Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46562 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #60 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 16:38:11 »

www.hesgoal.com usually cover matches live free with no sign ups.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 17:07:14 »

What players do we know are definetly missing

5 will be missing.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 17:20:21 »

5 will be missing.

JJ, Williams, Gilbert, grant and? Think we have KKH
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 20:07:12 »

JJ, Williams, Gilbert, grant and? Think we have KKH

KkH will not be available.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 20:53:29 »

Why not? He wasn’t named in the U20 squad I saw. Have I missed something?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 21:14:05 »

Why not? He wasn’t named in the U20 squad I saw. Have I missed something?
A social media post for him saying he was off on international duty.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 06:20:18 »

As much as a pain in the ass it is having 5 players missing, only 3 of them started Saturday and one of them was replaced and was pretty poor.
So Ward in for Wollocott, Hunt for KKH and McKirdy in for Gilbert.

It’s still a strong 11.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 07:00:37 »

On standby evidently which is even more frustrating.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 07:14:07 »

The Grant situation is an absolute piss take. I assume his contract is up at the end of the season but whenever it is, I would not be looking at renewing it if I'm Chorley / Garner... good player or not..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 07:41:28 »

The Grant situation is an absolute piss take. I assume his contract is up at the end of the season but whenever it is, I would not be looking at renewing it if I'm Chorley / Garner... good player or not..

Isn't literally everyone's contract up at the end of the season?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 07:53:11 »

What Grant situation?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 08:16:57 »

For me Grant has been one of the worst players so far this season and with him travelling away to far flung parts of the world and then having to quarantine etc it made little sense to have him play for one game on Saturday when you are trying to build a settled, structured side. I do however wonder why he wasn't on the bench at all as he can play Midfield or CB so a useful guy to have as an option.

Given his camaraderie and obvious popularity amongst the players I wonder whether he is being utilised as a potential future coach at the club. I imagine this will be his last playing season for us.     

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 08:43:28 »

For me Grant has been one of the worst players so far this season and with him travelling away to far flung parts of the world and then having to quarantine etc it made little sense to have him play for one game on Saturday when you are trying to build a settled, structured side. I do however wonder why he wasn't on the bench at all as he can play Midfield or CB so a useful guy to have as an option.

Given his camaraderie and obvious popularity amongst the players I wonder whether he is being utilised as a potential future coach at the club. I imagine this will be his last playing season for us.    
I have to disagree about Grant mate. For me I have only seen Grant play 1 poor performances so far and that was Tranmere, he was average vs Salford, he has been at least as good as he was last season.

In the other games he has played (6 in total) vs Tranmere and Carlisle he gained votes for MoM, He played well vs Scunthorpe too, he was easily MoM vs Tranmere the only other game he played was at Cambridge which I never got to watch.

I think hes been very hard done by losing his place after 1 poor game vs Mansfield where he has not featured since.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 08:51:31 »

I have to disagree about Grant mate. For me I have only seen Grant play 1 poor performances so far and that was Tranmere, he was average vs Salford, he has been at least as good as he was last season.

In the other games he has played (6 in total) vs Tranmere and Carlisle he gained votes for MoM, he was easily MoM vs Tranmere the only other game he played was at Cambridge which I never got to watch.

I think hes been very hard done by losing his place after 1 poor game vs Mansfield where he has not featured since.

I didn't see the Scunny or Carlisle games so can't comment on those. My memory isn't as good as it was but for the games I did watch I don't think he took as much care of the ball as say Reed or Payne. He got his pocket picked a fair amount and his passing was wayward. Obviously that's just my own personal opinion JJ. Obviously there hasn't really been enough games under Garner to really justify my opinion but I personally don't see Grant featuring much, especially when Lyden is fit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 08:51:39 »

As much as a pain in the ass it is having 5 players missing, only 3 of them started Saturday and one of them was replaced and was pretty poor.
So Ward in for Wollocott, Hunt for KKH and McKirdy in for Gilbert.

It’s still a strong 11.
Which equates to almost a quarter of our match day squad and all 4 did play. Not having them in training either in terms of numbers for things such as practice matches isn’t going to be ideal either.

I’d happily wager no other game has gone ahead in the EFL where a team has been missing 5 players due to international call ups. Saturday was our first win in over a month and rather than build on it we are now forced to change a significant part of our XI.

For me it also doesn’t send out a great message to the fans in terms of what we are looking to achieve this season in terms of do we actually want to challenge? You’d expect us not to want to play games without players if at all possible and we’ve done it against Stevenage and doing it again Saturday with even more players missing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: