Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread.  (Read 40419 times)
Hunk

« Reply #510 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 17:48:10 »

I’ve nothing against Rovers and feel quite sorry for their predicament. They have, in general, as much time for Barton as we had for Sheradactyl
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 18:03:54 »

I’ve nothing against Rovers and feel quite sorry for their predicament. They have, in general, as much time for Barton as we had for Sheradactyl

What have you been smoking? We hate them, they hate us. We’d have stayed up with the right manager and right owner. Never feel sorry for them. Feel sorry for Bury who went OOB not Rovers.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Crackity Jones

« Reply #512 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 18:11:20 »

What have you been smoking? We hate them, they hate us. We’d have stayed up with the right manager and right owner. Never feel sorry for them. Feel sorry for Bury who went OOB not Rovers.
I am indifferent to Rovers - I certainly don't hate them.but I cant stand their manager so find their situation quite funny.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 18:32:21 »

After the game Barton offered to walk away - no compo. Wael said he backs him and the group 100%.

Shit. They really are in trouble!

The only evidence for that is Joey Barton’s word, so I wouldn’t bank on it. His Garner comments pre-match were pitiful. Pure arrogance and opportunism laying the blame for his own failings on Garner. There’s not a more classless man in football. And that’s before we get to the domestic violence, assault charges and stubbing fags out in other people’s eyes… before he got to Rovers, I thought they had a decent manager on their hands. Now, I can’t see the attraction….
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 18:34:33 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Hunk

« Reply #514 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 18:40:12 »

The only evidence for that is Joey Barton’s word, so I wouldn’t bank on it. His Garner comments pre-match were pitiful. Pure arrogance and opportunism laying the blame for his own failings on Garner. There’s not a more classless man in football. And that’s before we get to the domestic violence, assault charges and stubbing fags out in other people’s eyes… before he got to Rovers, I thought they had a decent manager on their hands. Now, I can’t see the attraction….

His comments towards Garner were so pitiful that you’d have to have very thin skin to be offended by them. What he said about Ben being ‘negligent’ was the most transparent attempt at transferring blame I’ve ever seen. Gas fans saw through it too, I expect the majority were physically cringing
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 22:57:10 »

We made a weekend of it and celbrated a fantastic vitory with probably the best curry I have ever eaten.

I left this as a parting shot on the desk in our hotel room this morning-

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 08:39:22 »

I know its not appreciated by too many but as long as a couple of people say they like it and want me to continue then I will Smiley

Awful weather out there today may affect our passing based game style.

As usual I avoid the Match Day thread on the actual match day and read back after the event as I love to read how knee jerk people get during the game!

However before I do I also want to say how much of a fine job you do during the games JJ. As I am either at the game, or watching on Ifollow I don't spend any time on this thread during the game, but I used to use this thread every matchday and your updates were always a great way of knowing what was going on. So Chapeau to you JJ.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 09:03:08 »

One thing that made me laugh, Pitman fell over in front of the Gas dugout wanting a freekick and then proceeded to pick the ball up thinking the ref had to give it to him. Only for the ref to blow for a free kick to Swindon.

I fucking love it when refs do that, wish they would do it more in the PL!

What's the beef with Garner, how can Barton be blaming a manager who left nearly 12 months, 2 transfer windows and 2 managers ago.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 09:11:35 »

Thoroughly enjoyable game that one after a ropey first 20 minutes or so. After that it was pretty much domination and only a matter of time before we broke through. McKirdy's exuberance and energy was exactly what we needed. Yes Rovers were as bad, if not worse than Colchester but I thought we got it pretty much spot on. They were slow and plodding and we just popped it around playing very good football. As usual the final third is where we are lacking the most but we created plenty of chances and half chances and 3-1 is flattering really.

As per the MOM thread I thought Reed was the best player on the park, he always seems to have plenty of time on the ball, the sign of a quality player. Gladwin also played well and of course McKirdy off the bench was inspirational. Up to 5th in what is a very strange league with FGR and Harrogate leading the way. We need to sort out our home form to really press on this season but we look like we are setup to pick up plenty of points away from home. Next week is a challenge for the squad of course but one I am confident of taking points from.   

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 14:05:00 »

Rovers really were terrible weren't they? They all looked knackered in the 2nd half too. Pitman actually looks like he's lost a bit of timber but still runs like he's wearing concrete shoes.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 14:10:54 »

Rovers really were terrible weren't they? They all looked knackered in the 2nd half too. Pitman actually looks like he's lost a bit of timber but still runs like he's wearing concrete shoes.

Having Pitman on the pitch basically eliminated any chance of them pressing us properly and we were able to dictate the game on our terms. In Coutts and Whelan you also have an old midfield pairing and Reed, Gladwin and Payne were able to run the show. Rovers are in for a tough season methinks.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 14:15:46 »

Having Pitman on the pitch basically eliminated any chance of them pressing us properly and we were able to dictate the game on our terms. In Coutts and Whelan you also have an old midfield pairing and Reed, Gladwin and Payne were able to run the show. Rovers are in for a tough season methinks.
If you could pick the perfect team for us to play against Rovers on Saturday were it.

If I was an opposition manager I’d be playing 3 mobile and quick forward players to press our backline as it’s guaranteed we will gift chances if they do that, just like the Port Vale did.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 14:17:46 »

they've got a few injuries to be fair, though I can only name Clarke
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 14:27:08 »

If you could pick the perfect team for us to play against Rovers on Saturday were it.

If I was an opposition manager I’d be playing 3 mobile and quick forward players to press our backline as it’s guaranteed we will gift chances if they do that, just like the Port Vale did.

Yeah I agree, I was impressed with Port Vale, think they did a job on us. Garner is going to have to come up with a 'plan B' for when clubs press us aggressively, that's when we seem to struggle, particularly at home. I don't watch a lot of Premier league football but I watched Brighton on Saturday and was really impressed with how they play a slick, fast possession based game which gave Arsenal huge problems. We just don't seen to move the ball anywhere near quick enough at home to look dangerous. Hopefully the longer the season goes, we start to see this bearing fruit. Having McKirdy's energy certainly helped on Saturday. 

Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 18:30:05 »

I just dont think Garner sees the game played that way for 90 minutes.

Garner seems to like to spend the first half sussing out how teams are set up against us by playing keep ball and gently probing. Planly works better away from home when we're not expected to be on the front foot and when the opposition is as poor ss yesterday.

Not so well as against Port Vale who pressed very well, same likely next week. It would be good for us to play a different way sometimes.

Yesterday he worked out that Rovers although attempting a press of sorts only had Pitman doing it, so for the second half we seemed to move our play further up the pitch and as a result were finding space centrally in and around the box as well as wide and getting more players in the box.
Only press Pitman can possibly be able to contribute to is sitting on apples as a cider press !
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: