Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread.  (Read 40396 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 09:17:20 »

Guarantee there’ll be a red card today - almost certainly for Les bleus. Barton will have them over the top for this.

Pirates 1 Corsairs 4

Barton to get sacked. Flynn to get appointed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #121 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 10:24:59 »

It’ll be this one. JJ will supply a minute to minute text commentary and you’ll almost feel like you’re there.
I know its not appreciated by too many but as long as a couple of people say they like it and want me to continue then I will Smiley

Awful weather out there today may affect our passing based game style.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 10:31:17 »

I know its not appreciated by too many but as long as a couple of people say they like it and want me to continue then I will Smiley

I appreciate it. Saves me listening to Dave Hockaday or Phil Smith.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 10:43:18 »

I appreciate it. Saves me listening to Dave Hockaday or Phil Smith.
I feel your pain re Mr Hockaday and Phil Smith just doesnt seem to like football.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 10:51:15 »

Apparently Jojo Wollacotts family are mostly Rovers fans and grew up near their ground.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-bristol-rovers-6001949

Peter Venkman

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 10:53:15 »

Also not tempting fate but Wanker JB has never masterminded(!) back to back wins since hes been at Rovers in 29 games (19 defeats)

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 11:01:41 »

I like it !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 11:02:12 »

Another vote for your efforts here as well. Much appreciated.
Even though I'm at the games it's interesting to read back at half & full time.
A 25+ page match day thread is always better than a 10 page one.
Lots of different contributors shows a healthy interest in the club as well.
Although that can also happen when we aren't doing so well. Smiley

Not raining too hard at the moment but it's a steady rain.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 11:05:53 »

Oh it’s appreciated here… I have IFollow but I’m often doing family things and n weekends thst prohibit listening in, but keeping tabs on your updates, which are more timely and insightful than BBC commentary obviously - is much appreciated

Peter Venkman

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 11:12:13 »

I only started doing it so that people who are only listening to matches can get a bit more of a mental image of how goals/shots/incidents actually look as the commentators, as difficult a job as they have, often do things spur of the moment and never fully descide who crossed/pass/shot from what side etc.

Often its "tha ball came in the box and Simpson hits the back of the net" that sort of thing, rather than "KKH passes to Gladwin whos cross from deep is put onto Simpsons head and he hits the bottom corner from 10 yards out".

Of course interspersed by "Iandolo misses the ball and puts us in trouble at the back" or "Conroys long pass goes straight into touch" etc etc Smiley

For all those who have never been to the Mem this is the amazing stadium that awaits your arrival.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 11:16:27 »

I'd say there are a lot more secret admirers than you think. The threads are not the same without your input.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 11:17:56 »

Counting the number of separate stands at the Mem is almost as much fun as it was at the Manor Ground.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 12:00:37 »

+1 for PV's matchday updates
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 12:16:26 »

I only started doing it so that people who are only listening to matches can get a bit more of a mental image of how goals/shots/incidents actually look as the commentators, as difficult a job as they have, often do things spur of the moment and never fully descide who crossed/pass/shot from what side etc.

Often its "tha ball came in the box and Simpson hits the back of the net" that sort of thing, rather than "KKH passes to Gladwin whos cross from deep is put onto Simpsons head and he hits the bottom corner from 10 yards out".

Of course interspersed by "Iandolo misses the ball and puts us in trouble at the back" or "Conroys long pass goes straight into touch" etc etc Smiley

For all those who have never been to the Mem this is the amazing stadium that awaits your arrival.

Another vote for JJ’s comms please.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 12:27:28 »

I'm not sure which part of the world PV lives in to get ifollow but I really appreciate the detailing your reports.

By the way, you have mentioned your band on occasions. Who were they and was Moles a venue you played in? I'm assuming you're not Fish out of Marrilion are you?

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: